Downloading Ps3 games?

This is a discussion on Downloading Ps3 games? within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I am sorry if this is a repost... but if you have a bunch of games you have downloaded through ...

PRO Member

Downloading Ps3 games?

I am sorry if this is a repost... but if you have a bunch of games you have downloaded through PsPlus membership will those be able to be re-downloaded on Ps4?... I know you can't play ps3 discs but it seems like I read somewhere that you can play downloaded games on ps4..... Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by glogantn View Post
    I am sorry if this is a repost... but if you have a bunch of games you have downloaded through PsPlus membership will those be able to be re-downloaded on Ps4?... I know you can't play ps3 discs but it seems like I read somewhere that you can play downloaded games on ps4..... Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    sadly no

PSN purchases won’t transfer to PS4 - PlayStation 4 - Giant Bomb

Negator

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

illegal in 9 countries

Let's give that statement some context -

The wildly different architectures of the PS3 and 4 will make a wholesale import difficult, Yoshida explained to Engadget, but the company will attempt to transfer games that don’t require excessive processing overheads for emulation.
    It's not that we can't transfer our purchases, they're still attached to your PSN account. The problem is PS3 PSN content won't work on a PS4.

So keep a PS3 around if you want to play PS3 content. Just as you'll need a Vita to play Vita content.

DELTA CUBES, DELTA CUBES!

Quote Originally Posted by glogantn View Post
    Where you been?

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Let's give that statement some context -

It's not that we can't transfer our purchases, they're still attached to your PSN account. The problem is PS3 PSN content won't work on a PS4.

So keep a PS3 around if you want to play PS3 content. Just as you'll need a Vita to play Vita content.
    Yeah but do we honestly believe they wont be re-releasing a bunch of these games for ps4 psn? just like there are ps1 classics and ps2 classics... I would hope they would transfer when they become available.
    Avy by DaRe_xLw