ps4 remote play

This is a discussion on ps4 remote play within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; So I've been wondering about remote play. My question is how exactly is it gonna work. Will I be able ...

Lvl 4 - Silver

ps4 remote play

So I've been wondering about remote play. My question is how exactly is it gonna work. Will I be able to remote play the games I buy on disks or should I switch to digital downloads? I know you can install disk to the hdd but you still have to have the disk in the drive to play. Does anyone have official answers? I couldnt find any!

illegal in 9 countries

I don't think any of us have definitive answers, but it'd be safe to say digital downloads will be supported, though the catalogue of supported games *may* be limited.

Disc-based games are anyone's guess. If the full game installs without the need to insert the disc to play, then there's a good chance they'll be supported to.

Another 2 months and we'll know for sure...

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    I don't think any of us have definitive answers, but it'd be safe to say digital downloads will be supported, though the catalogue of supported games *may* be limited.

Disc-based games are anyone's guess. If the full game installs without the need to insert the disc to play, then there's a good chance they'll be supported to.

Another 2 months and we'll know for sure...
    The main reason I'm looking for an answer is I'm considering canceling my disc preorders and jumping to digital

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

Quote Originally Posted by seether98 View Post
    The main reason I'm looking for an answer is I'm considering canceling my disc preorders and jumping to digital
    I'm curious as to why you would want to do that? Are the prices going to be the same?

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Creditdue View Post
    I'm curious as to why you would want to do that? Are the prices going to be the same?
    The reason I would switch to digital is remote play. If I can't remote play a disc game I'll dl it instead. I'd rather have a disc. I like to have physical copies of what I buy. I don't resell my games. I have over 80 ps3 disc games.