Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Graphics Card Equivalent of Optimised PS4 GPU is Radeon 7970/R9 280X

This is a discussion on Graphics Card Equivalent of Optimised PS4 GPU is Radeon 7970/R9 280X within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s Ditto. The sooner we can ditch Windows, the better it'll be for PC gaming. The sooner ...

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Ditto. The sooner we can ditch Windows, the better it'll be for PC gaming.
    The sooner we can ditch windows, the better it'll be for PC PERIOD!

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    As I said, no-one in their RIGHT mind. Idiot fanboys lack objectivity.

The article you posted said it could be done for 500. A quick check on xe.com and you'll find that's closer to $800 USD than $400.
    it's how much they are paying for The PS4/Xbox one in EU/uk.

also

To be honest, while hitting the 420 price of an Xbone is eminently possible, I’d recommend you spend just a little more on a games PC than that – it’ll last you longer, there’s more scope for upgrading later, games will look fancier and you won’t have to spend a week trawling price comparison sites. Either way, the idea that a beefy games PC costs thousands of dollars/pounds is an outdated and wildly inaccurate one.

Deathless Destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    Not a bit

I am only playing Skyrim, Sins of a solar empire - Rebellion, Outlast and Dishonored GOTY all on Max settings, I need to get a proper game to test it for power any suggestions ?
    Well I'm not a PC gamer yet but you could try something like Metro: Last Light and raise the Anti-Aliasing (AA) until the negative performance outweighs the benefits. You could try this with any demanding game, like Crysis or Battlefield. Watch_Dogs would be interesting to test, based on the recommended specs required to play it at 1080p. You could even do without AA, seeing as it only smoothes out the edges of objects, but seeing as AA is resource intensive it'd be a good thing to try out.

OFC with kits like Mantle now being used for dev optimization in PCs we'll start to see an increased performance in the mid-range or even high-end tech that we have now.
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    it's how much they are paying for The PS4/Xbox one in EU/uk.

also
    No, they're not paying 500. It's 349, which is roughly $557 USD, and still $250 shy of the magical "build a PS4" figure. Do some basic research before spouting bullshit.

Also, we don't get to recycle parts from PS3 to PS4 and the PS4 is reportedly 50% faster than the XB1, so the 420 comparison is bogus. Not to mention, the cheap PC build has DDR3 RAM not GDDR5, so add another $800 to the PC build because that shit comes at a premium and isn't available to the wider PC market yet. You want 6GB of GDDR5 on a PC? You'll need a $1000 Titan. Nor does it account for the relative overhead of the respective OS's and you can be sure the PS4 will have more system resources available to it than a Windows-powered PC, which is the target OS of the article (SteamOS wasn't announced).

Compare apples with apples and there's simply no way to get the same thing for the same price. You'll either buy the world's shittiest gaming PC or the world's most powerful console. Again...it's not hard to back the right pony.

INTJ

found a PC build for a few dollars less than the US PS4 price that runs BF3 and BF4 on Ultra at 1080p

http://i.imgur.com/LAf4mUC.png

Retired...

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    found a PC build for a few dollars less than the US PS4 price that runs BF3 and BF4 on Ultra at 1080p

http://i.imgur.com/LAf4mUC.png
    Photoshop or whatever

Signature made by dsluckay & PPS bar made by RaveNScythE18

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12