Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

New Kingdom Hearts 3 Trailer

This is a discussion on New Kingdom Hearts 3 Trailer within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by wcamicase But neither does you thinking it's bad make it so, I would like you to explain ...

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by wcamicase View Post
    But neither does you thinking it's bad make it so, I would like you to explain Xehanorth's plan, and why he did everything that he did, if you actually only played for gameplay you will understand very little and I've seen people bash the franchise because they didn't give a crap LOL
    I never typed it is bad, simply pointed out it's not well-written. At all.

I play every game for the gameplay while paying close attention to the story, because otherwise you lose a lot of context as to what you're doing or why the hell you're going from A to B (plus it let's you criticize it properly, like I'm doing right now). So no, I didn't get through all the games just button-mashing and not paying attention. I am a huge Kingdom Hearts fan that sees the game for what it is: a gigantic Square-Disney mash-up with gameplay that got progressively better, accompanied by your average Disney story (including the cheesy dialogues, shenanigans and plot-devices), and your average Disney bad guy (including the stereotypical bad guy speech). With each new entry to the series, it is even clearer that one should just stop caring too much about the story (since it ain't improving), and focus more on the gameplay.

That said, you're free to cry, laugh and smile as you see Sora duke it out with everyone he duked it out with before, to save people that hardly matter to the plot and that should be dead, through some "friendship and redemption can save anyone from anything!!" plot-device.

LOL

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

For years I have been waiting for this game... hopefully within the next year it will be out!

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    I never typed it is bad, simply pointed out it's not well-written. At all.

I play every game for the gameplay while paying close attention to the story, because otherwise you lose a lot of context as to what you're doing or why the hell you're going from A to B (plus it let's you criticize it properly, like I'm doing right now). So no, I didn't get through all the games just button-mashing and not paying attention. I am a huge Kingdom Hearts fan that sees the game for what it is: a gigantic Square-Disney mash-up with gameplay that got progressively better, accompanied by your average Disney story (including the cheesy dialogues, shenanigans and plot-devices), and your average Disney bad guy (including the stereotypical bad guy speech). With each new entry to the series, it is even clearer that one should just stop caring too much about the story (since it ain't improving), and focus more on the gameplay.

That said, you're free to cry, laugh and smile as you see Sora duke it out with everyone he duked it out with before, to save people that hardly matter to the plot and that should be dead, through some "friendship and redemption can save anyone from anything!!" plot-device.

LOL
    Relating the Disney worlds I don't really care for their own stories as much, like I said, I consider them side stories but the main story has gotten pretty deep.
    Specially if you read all the reports, you get to know lot's of things that you wouldn't otherwise.
    The main story started really simple in KH1, in the second it got some twists and then with BBS you got to know all the roots, then with 3D you got to see what Xehanorth actually did as a backup plan, there is actually a gigantic plan behind all of it

Ifgnoring some plot hole here and there (after all it has been 10 years) I think the story is actually really well concieved
    Now if you start talking about some of their dialogues I think they could have done better

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by wcamicase View Post
    Relating the Disney worlds I don't really care for their own stories as much, like I said, I consider them side stories but the main story has gotten pretty deep.
    Specially if you read all the reports, you get to know lot's of things that you wouldn't otherwise.
    The main story started really simple in KH1, in the second it got some twists and then with BBS you got to know all the roots, then with 3D you got to see what Xehanorth actually did as a backup plan, there is actually a gigantic plan behind all of it

Ifgnoring some plot hole here and there (after all it has been 10 years) I think the story is actually really well concieved
    Now if you start talking about some of their dialogues I think they could have done better
    I'm not talking about the individual storylines inside every world, but the main story (as you call it).

The thing with BBS and those so called 'roots' is that, if you got rid of the game all-together (as well as what little connection it has with Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix+, which isn't much), the main story won't even notice it's absent from the storyline. The things it added aren't really needed and, for many fans, they aren't wanted, either (but that's a different thing).

Things like them meeting part of the cast before they became 'bad' or had grown up, as well as them leaving their power hidden inside them and all that kind of jazz is of litle-to-no importance, since the game's story could've (and would've) gone on without anyone complaining nor asking questions. It simply complicated things for no apparent reasons. Obviously, without this one there couldn't have been a KH3D (since it builds up on all the crap they invented on BBS), but it's not like anyone wanted 3D to happen before lol.

To sum things up a little, Xehanort's big scheme is something that, were there no BBS (let alone 3D), wouldn't be of importance to the franchise, for, had it not been brought up in BBS, it wouldn't have had any connection whatsoever to the story. That's why BBS can't really be considered the game that "explains how it all started", for it invented out of thing air a bunch of plot points to explain things that weren't in need of being explained. It's like GoW: Ascension: it ruins the way things were in the first game and only brings up contradictions.

The dialogues shouldn't be brought up - they're cheesier and, for the most part, average. Even the plot is better written than them, and that's saying something .

Toggle Spoiler

My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Well I mean you guys do make pretty reasonable points, but I have to agree with camicase on how the main story I has gotten pretty deep. As most people know Kingdom Hearts is my favprite series and I try to not take a biased view upon it. I feel like the side stories were good, but after a while by each game they seem somewhat repetitive. Very little story progression if you can say any, but thanks to this series I've learned to fall in love with a games's story before gameplay and it's worth it. I mean why play a game just to button mash? There has to be some sort of captivating pull to keep me engaged.

26/26 Platinums
    1/1 PSN 100%'s

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by LionPharaoh View Post
    Well I mean you guys do make pretty reasonable points, but I have to agree with camicase on how the main story I has gotten pretty deep.
    Unintelligible =/= deep.

when your story is more confusing than end of evangelion, you fucked up.

Buy my book, Alteration

I've been loving the HD KH1, coming at it from that Disney angle, so this KH is definitely going on my radar.

And were those Disney rides?

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    Unintelligible =/= deep.

when your story is more confusing than end of evangelion, you fucked up.
    It is not that confusing at all if you're willing to understand. It sort of parallels series such as Naruto and Harry Potter so if you're familiar with them. This isn't of big concern. What I don't like are the ships and trains in the trailer. I mean it seems so linear and cheesy, plus it was so slow paced. In my opinion the only way you should use a ship is in the Pirates of the Caribbean world and a bike or vehicle in a Tron world. Not some ass pull like in the trailer, I mean Sora was fighting a Rock Titan, why would he need a train to swirl around it?

26/26 Platinums
    1/1 PSN 100%'s

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by LionPharaoh View Post
    It is not that confusing at all if you're willing to understand. It sort of parallels series such as Naruto and Harry Potter so if you're familiar with them. This isn't of big concern. What I don't like are the ships and trains in the trailer. I mean it seems so linear and cheesy, plus it was so slow paced. In my opinion the only way you should use a ship is in the Pirates of the Caribbean world and a bike or vehicle in a Tron world. Not some ass pull like in the trailer, I mean Sora was fighting a Rock Titan, why would he need a train to swirl around it?
    Naruto and Harry Potter aren't exactly well-written either, though. Naruto, for example, has serious plot holes that just keep getting bigger, and they just keep popping up every few chapters lol. Plus it rides the "friendship and redemption can save anyone from anything!!" plot more than many other works of fiction, which leads to situations being solved in absurd ways.

Well, many of the summons before (especially those that followed KH1) were very cheesy already, so the ride attacks kind of fit well enough with the overall theme of the game (which was silly in the first place).

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalman123 View Post
    That's right.

Toggle Spoiler

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalman123 View Post

i hope i can use mission space and have a 50% chance of sora having a heart attack

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Naruto and Harry Potter aren't exactly well-written either, though. Naruto, for example, has serious plot holes that just keep getting bigger, and they just keep popping up every few chapters lol. Plus it rides the "friendship and redemption can save anyone from anything!!" plot more than many other works of fiction, which leads to situations being solved in absurd ways.

Well, many of the summons before (especially those that followed KH1) were very cheesy already, so the ride attacks kind of fit well enough with the overall theme of the game (which was silly in the first place).

That's right.
    Well you have a point there, I just hope it isn't some ass pull summon like out of the blue. Maybe he rides correlate with the Keyblade Armor space bikes that they had in BBS since they'll make an appearance again in 3? I doubt it, but Nomura has done some weird stuff before.

26/26 Platinums
    1/1 PSN 100%'s

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12