View Poll Results: Which looks better?

5. You may not vote on this poll
  • NBA 2K14

4 80.00%
  • NBA LIVE 14

1 20.00%

NBA 2K14 Vs NBA Live 14 - Which looks better?

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Vs NBA Live 14 - Which looks better? within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; ...

Drunken Nights

NBA 2K14 Vs NBA Live 14 - Which looks better?

Last edited by Ghost; 10-18-2013 at 04:18 PM.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Antioch, Tennessee

Honestly, NBA 2K14 looks better. NBA Live 14 primarily focused on the dribbling and player tendencies on the players, and looking at Steve Nash (Favorite Player), Kobe Bryant, and Danny Green. The tendencies were spot on correct. The problem I had with the trailer though was people like Carmelo Anthony hesitating to shoot a three, when has he ever hesitated. He's one of the best at-will shooters in the world they needed to show him shoot the ball with more confidence like they did in the NBA 2K14 trailer. Derrick Rose's unnecessary gather up to the left before dunking did not look fluid, looked like it may have been a forced cgi dunk scene or something. EA could be showcasing how he was hesitant to go left on that surgically repaired knee, but I won't give them too much credit since D. Rose is 110% now. One last thing , Tim Duncan's shot was nice and spot on, but his opponent was Blake Griffen. Don't y'all think it would of showcased the response to AI better if Duncan dominated their lack of interior defense with his post moves, similar to what Memphis did to LAC last year? All in all, NBA 2K14 looks better, I can't find anything wrong with it. However, as a PG/SG, I'll be picking Live. The player tendencies and dribbling is what I stand for, plus it does help that I'm a diehard fan of them!

26/26 Platinums
    1/1 PSN 100%'s

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I want to say Live looks better, but it just doesn't, I think 2k14 looks a lot better. I will end up trying both though, because I have always liked Live better than 2k .

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I always was a Live guy, even when 2K's looks better... for me fun was my goal and do simulation sports.... that's not fun... so will be Live for me

Up the Irons!

Los Angeles, California

Honestly, I will buy NBA Live 14 before NBA 2K14. I'm sure the latter is the better game, but I grew up playing the Live series and only started playing the 2K series once Live was postponed. Either way, I'll own both eventually.

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

"You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

Check Those Corners

United States

Personally, they both look good in there own different ways. By the time I get next gen consoles, NBA 2K15 and NBA Live 15 will be out, so until then I have to settle for NBA 2K14 current gen. 2K looks more superior so far next gen, but i'm sure EA will improve more in future releases.