Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Some PS4 Games Unboxed, PS4 Games have no physical manual

This is a discussion on Some PS4 Games Unboxed, PS4 Games have no physical manual within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I don't think I have actually read one since I was a kid anyway ....

Rangers F.C

I don't think I have actually read one since I was a kid anyway .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Deathless Destroyer

Sony, what have you done!? I love reading paper-based game manuals! At least I can still read the back of the box which is also nice :/
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

PRO Member

Now we are complaining about a lack of a manual? Over the past few years most of these so called "manuals" have been a one page printout in black and white no less with very minimal information. Lame thread!

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by GatorShea View Post
    Now we are complaining about a lack of a manual? Over the past few years most of these so called "manuals" have been a one page printout in black and white no less with very minimal information. Lame thread!
    People are nostalgic about manuals, as am I, and the fact that when they do include a "manual", the horrendous lack of care that goes with it is, as I feel and can best put it, disrespectful to the customer.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by mikesorrell View Post
    People are nostalgic about manuals, as am I, and the fact that when they do include a "manual", the horrendous lack of care that goes with it is, as I feel and can best put it, disrespectful to the customer.
    I understand that but the trend of "not including a manual" didn't start with the PS4 like some people want you to believe. Some out there are looking for anything negative they can pin on and moan about during the release of this console. I can say that whether my new games have a manual or not is about 78th on my list of importance for the next few days.

Most manuals have been poorly put together and very truncated the past fear years.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I still have a Fallout manual with over 200 pages including a recepie for Mushroom clouds and Desert salad.

Call me paranoid ore not. I'm just afraid where this is all headed a future where company's control what game you play. BF5 is out only 2 maps so you decide to just play BF4 but then EA pulls the plug out of BF4 and you can't play the game at all.

If companys like EA didn't exists then I would be a bit more comfy.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by GatorShea View Post
    I understand that but the trend of "not including a manual" didn't start with the PS4 like some people want you to believe. Some out there are looking for anything negative they can pin on and moan about during the release of this console. I can say that whether my new games have a manual or not is about 78th on my list of importance for the next few days.

Most manuals have been poorly put together and very truncated the past fear years.
    I don't believe people are trying to push the idea that not including a manual, as it's obvious that they've been pushing this for years now (I also stated this earlier in the thread), however they're choosing to talk about it now, I guess because they're not even getting the piece of paper now, all they're getting is a print on the opposite side of the cover art with instructions as to how to play the game. As far as trying to pin anything negative to the launch of the console, they're taking a small failure rate of pre-launch consoles to attack people that are excited for the PS4. For example, I just read the comments about last night's South Park episode over on Game Informer, and there was one person that kept talking about the failure rate of the PS4 so far.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsdayman View Post
    I still have a Fallout manual with over 200 pages including a recepie for Mushroom clouds and Desert salad.

Call me paranoid ore not. I'm just afraid where this is all headed a future where company's control what game you play. BF5 is out only 2 maps so you decide to just play BF4 but then EA pulls the plug out of BF4 and you can't play the game at all.

If companys like EA didn't exists then I would be a bit more comfy.
    EA already does stuff like this (at least for the online, but then again, most of their games are meant to be played online)

Lvl 1 - Bronze

My first game without a manual was Half-Life 2 for the pc. There was only a double side printed paper with the key for steam in the box.

That was very disappointing for me, exspecialy because I wanted this game so bad.
    Now nearly all my games don't have a manual and I am always happy when I see a game with a great manual.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123