Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Some PS4 Games Unboxed, PS4 Games have no physical manual

This is a discussion on Some PS4 Games Unboxed, PS4 Games have no physical manual within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; gay...

INTJ

Some PS4 Games Unboxed, PS4 Games have no physical manual

gay

La Mano de Dios

Looks like the bigger version of the Vita games case.

I love the PS3's ones better...

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by godhand2k View Post
    Looks like the bigger version of the Vita games case.

I love the PS3's ones better...
    It's the same size as the ps3 game case. Only difference is the edges are square. Not round.

Lvl 7 - Gold

I hate it too. But I am not going to be lame and call it gay.
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Hedberg
    We don't need to bring ink and paper into this
    The only reason any of us would want a physical manual is so we had something to read while on the toilet...but we use our phones/tablets/laptops now anyway.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    The only reason any of us would want a physical manual is so we had something to read while on the toilet...but we use our phones/tablets/laptops now anyway.

it showed how much the devs cared for their game. a good manual is one that shows the greatness of the game without you playing it.

look at the MGS4 Manual for example.

Atlus also showed game manual love, full color manuals with great art built in. But now this digital manual stuff is forcing them to not make physical manuals anymore.

Lvl 8 - Gold

In all honesty, they've been pushing this for a few years now, so this isn't really a surprise. It still sucks, though.

PRO Member

Don't really matter to me as I hardly ever read a manual. Just pop the game in and play.

Sig and Avatar by Jondeere

Lvl 8 - Gold

Highly doubt this a "Sony" move, seems more like a publishers/developers choice. Shame nonetheless, its great reading manuals and finding some information on characters and such.

I used to steal manuals all the time when I rented games from Blockbuster. I literally had a stack of manuals, from PS2 to GB manuals. One day I rented a new game and the guy looked at me and said "see this manual, I want it back". lol

Platinum Dohvakiin

I use to be one of those people who liked/wanted a physical manual. But after the last few years of just getting a piece of paper in the game box. I do not even look on that side of the box anymore, because I just expect it to have a piece of paper and no manual.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

Bob 'n' Becca

Manuals were the business back in the day. I used to keep them whenever I traded a game it. I actually would cut them up from certain games and add various pictures to collages. This is nothing new, honestly. A lot of games this cycle already don't have manuals. I deal with it. What I strongly dislike however is when games have an actual manually on disc. Not just a page where you can figure out the control schemes, but actual manuals, page by bloody page, as if I was reading a book on my television screen.

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

Fight the Future

I love my manuals too (Mobile Suit Gundam: Zeonic Font being one of my favorite) but I saw this coming. There are plenty of current gen games that have no manuals and Vita games don't come with manuals so I expected the same form the PlayStation 4. It sucks but it is part of the industry now.

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    it showed how much the devs cared for their game. a good manual is one that shows the greatness of the game without you playing it.

look at the MGS4 Manual for example.

Atlus also showed game manual love, full color manuals with great art built in. But now this digital manual stuff is forcing them to not make physical manuals anymore.
    None of my Wii U games have manuals. Gay.

Fight the Future

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Sony's just copying Nintendo again. When will they ever think of anything original?

Lvl 9 - Gold

I don't even know why they included a manual with arkham origins has nothing in it but put the disc in disclaimers etc no information on controls or anything its like 6 pages of nothing at all, they would have been better off just having that info in a menu on the games start screen or something.

DELTA CUBES, DELTA CUBES!

95% of games I've purchased in the last year haven't had manuals either... Sometimes just a little piece of paper with a code on it for online or something.

non-issue.
    Avy by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by 957_Bob_Hollywood_13_HFS View Post
    This is nothing new, honestly. A lot of games this cycle already don't have manuals. I deal with it. What I strongly dislike however is when games have an actual manually on disc. Not just a page where you can figure out the control schemes, but actual manuals, page by bloody page, as if I was reading a book on my television screen.
    My thoughts exactly. What irks me more than just having a manual on disc is the reason (or at least one of the reasons) for them not including manuals in games nowadays is the idea that it's cutting cost to not have a physical manual, and have it on disc, as it seems that it would be cheaper, if not the same cost as, paying to print out the manual rather than pay for it to be programmed and printed on the disc. I wouldn't be to bothered if there was a price reduction, but at the beginning of this console generation, games were the same price then as they are now.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by mikesorrell View Post
    My thoughts exactly. What irks me more than just having a manual on disc is the reason (or at least one of the reasons) for them not including manuals in games nowadays is the idea that it's cutting cost to not have a physical manual, and have it on disc, as it seems that it would be cheaper, if not the same cost as, paying to print out the manual rather than pay for it to be programmed and printed on the disc. I wouldn't be to bothered if there was a price reduction, but at the beginning of this console generation, games were the same price then as they are now.
    If you adjust costs for inflation, video games are actually cheaper now than they were when Microsoft and Sony changed the prices from $50 to $60 in 2005 and 2006.

INTJ

yea it sucks shit

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbedkinpark View Post
    If you adjust costs for inflation, video games are actually cheaper now than they were when Microsoft and Sony changed the prices from $50 to $60 in 2005 and 2006.
    Although I didn't account for inflation (I just look at the cost of things, such as gas, everyone in my area travels 50+ miles to work, then and what the average annual household income for my area, and go from there) a large number of games still came with manuals in 2010, and with how I've calculated the cost of living in my area versus the income, the cost of living has slightly increased whereas the income has slightly decreased (due to the fact most people in my area are government or construction workers and both industries have seen a decrease in demand since 2007).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast