Naughty Dog’s Next Game In Space

This is a discussion on Naughty Dog’s Next Game In Space within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Our good friends at Naughty Dog are participating in an exciting company tour of SpaceX today. A buddy of mine, ...

Retired...

Naughty Dog’s Next Game In Space

Our good friends at Naughty Dog are participating in an exciting company tour of SpaceX today. A buddy of mine, Naughty Dog Environment Artist David Ballard, tweeted his excitement for the tour earlier today.

Now while this clearly appears to be nothing more than a fun, friendly company outing, an inquiring mind has to wonder what types of inspiration to expect creative geniuses like the folks at Naughty Dog to leave such a location with. What if (and that’s a huge, for the sake of speculation if) the folks from ND are currently in the midst of making a sci-fi game of some sort. It would definitely be uncharted (no pun intended) territory for the studio and would be an interesting direction for them, especially considering how frequently they set high standards with their projects.

SavageAnother thing not to be forgotten, is the rampant Savage Starlight comic found in Naughty Dog’s last game The Last Of Us. What at the time seemed like just an in-game comic may actually have been ND’s easter egg teasing everyone of their future release. The Savage Starlight domain is, after all, secured and the name sounds like a good one for a future-proof IP.

An even better question to be asked: With how good Naughty Dog’s action-adventure and survival-adventure games have been turning out, could you imagine how good a sci-fi adventure game would be? Definitely something to be considered if you ask me. Hopefully someone from Naughty Dog stumbles upon this rambling and that eventually leads to some amazing sci-fi experience during the next-gen. That is, of course, considering they’re not already working on one to begin with. Hey, anything’s possible.
    Naughty Dog's Next Game In Space - Max Level

Signature made by dsluckay & PPS bar made by RaveNScythE18

INTJ

i thought this was deadly obvious when they started linking that space comic from the last of us randomy when you visit their page.

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Seems likely Savage Starlight was indeed the next project, curious to see what they can do with that. Personally, i'm hoping for something around the awesome mark.

Breakfast and Chill

Color me interested. Naughty Dog is good at hinting towards their next games with each release.

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

I thought Savage Starlight was just cheeky dig at Mass Effect?

Whatever ND do I just hope they put some effort in multiplayer this time

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

Lvl 7 - Gold

Naught Dog is a solid firm, they will give us a great game.
    Awesome Sig by ERICVOLTAGE

Lvl 6 - Silver

Uncharted: Space
    Batman Arkham Asylum l Batman Arkham City l Bioshock l Borderlands l GoW: Chains of Olympus l God of War
    GoW: Ghost of Sparta l God of War II l God of War III l InFamous l Killzone l Killzone 3 l LEGO Batman 2 l LEGO LotR
    LittleBigPlanet l LittleBigPlanet Vita l Plants Vs. Zombies Vita l PS All-Stars Vita l R&C: Going Commando
    R&C: Up Your Arsenal l R&C: A Crack in Time l R&C: All4One l R&C: Full Frontal Assault l Resistance: Burning Skies
    The Walking Dead l Trine 2 l Uncharted: Golden Abyss

Lvl 1 - Bronze

nice looks good

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Uncharted 4: Drake's Lost in Space or Uncharted Space so all the complaints about this game being too linear and reviewers wanting an open world Naughty Dog turns around and stays one step ahead and says take this reviewers how'sa about open universe you bunch of whiners because us as a company are so far ahead of the curve that we knew that if we brought out an open world game you reviewers would be like "oh it's all in good "but" it would have been better if it was open universe". Stupid reviewers Uncharted 3 was awesome and yes I do realize that the game got good scores but there was a lot of nitpicking about it's linearity too much.

Would be sweet for something new by Naughty Dog and they always bring something new to the next gen consoles. I hope they do Jak 4 or any new Jak game and also Uncharted 4 as well.

Lvl 7 - Gold

I have full faith in this company - TLOU is one of the best games that I can ever remember playing and I'm positive that no matter what this company does, it's going to be great. Is it dangerous to put them up on a pedastal like that? Eh...probably....but I really believe that this is our reaction to them:

http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=969355

Cause I'm the Wilt Chamberlin of that upper body grip!