Gears of War coming to PS4?

This is a discussion on Gears of War coming to PS4? within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; https://twitter.com/MarkRein/status/398283483434745856...

Drunken Nights

Banned

Gears of War is the only orignal Xbox360 as Halo game series, no way they can make the popular Xbox360 games for PS3 nor PS4.

Negator

I remember reading something about a year ago about Epic wanting to drop exclusivity and go multiplatform with the Gears franchise.

I support all developers who want their content on all current/future platforms.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Lvl 6 - Silver

Wouldn't surprise me if Gears does wind up no longer an Xbox exclusive. We've seen in the past with Microsoft exclusive IPs (that they don't own) eventually come over to PlayStation.

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

never been big on the gears of war games but id definitely give it a play if it did come

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

PRO Member

Now just get Forza over to Sony too, and I'd be happy as a pig in shit... apparently that's pretty damn happy!

Lvl 8 - Gold

That tweet doesn't suggest even in the slightest bit that Gears could be coming to the Playstation.

INTJ

epic owns gears of war, not microsoft.

so if they want to bring it over they can. Microsoft can't do shit about that.

just note that the series is outdated due to being the first big third person cover shooter.

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by ScaryAbel210 View Post
    Gears of War is the only orignal Xbox360 as Halo game series, no way they can make the popular Xbox360 games for PS3 nor PS4.
    Epic presumably had an exclusivity deal with MS for the 360 and agreed not to publish the Gears of War games on PS3. That possibly doesn't cover the PS4 and they may now be free to bring the franchise over to Sony.

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    just note that the series is outdated due to being the first big third person cover shooter.
    So is every PS2 HD collection, but that hasn't stopped us buying the games on PS3. Use a similar marketing strategy for Gears of War (we're all aware the games are ageing but they still look great) and it'll sell by the truckload.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    So is every PS2 HD collection, but that hasn't stopped us buying the games on PS3. Use a similar marketing strategy for Gears of War (we're all aware the games are ageing but they still look great) and it'll sell by the truckload.
    Exactly. I don't mind, but I probably won't pick it up for other reasons.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Threat

Just like Halo, I wouldn't care. No interest in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by ScaryAbel210 View Post
    Can't argue with this reasoning.
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

Kiwi Defender

Not bad for whoever wants to try them out (in case it does happen). I for one have played all three (although I only finished the first two), and they never really felt like a long-lasting experience since I never fell in love with the online and Horde only entertained me for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    I'd say only Gears 3 looks great. The first Gears looks a bit choppy and squareish for today's standards and the second one is in-between. Obviously they can just give it a new, shinnier look and, like you say, make it sell by the truckload, so that's hardly an issue.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    I'd say only Gears 3 looks great. The first Gears looks a bit choppy and squareish for today's standards and the second one is in-between. Obviously they can just give it a new, shinnier look and, like you say, make it sell by the truckload, so that's hardly an issue.
    Mass Effect 1 looks like shit for the most part too, but it made the transition from 360 to PS3 with no problems.

We accept that older games from last generation aren't going to look quite as pretty as newer ones and as far as 360 exclusives go, Gears of War is one of the better-looking franchises.

Lvl 6 - Silver

that is like saying that the Xbox-one will be getting the uncharted series i always wanted to play gears of war but i am not a big fan of the xbox controller.

Lord of all Goat-Men

Quote Originally Posted by Aboelsas View Post
    that is like saying that the Xbox-one will be getting the uncharted series i always wanted to play gears of war but i am not a big fan of the xbox controller.
    It's actually nothing like saying that. As has been said, Epic, an independent developer, own the rights to the Gears franchise. Naughty Dog, on the other hand, is a first-party developer, meaning they're owned by Sony, who also own the rights to the Uncharted franchise.

There's no chance in hell that you'll ever see an Uncharted game on a non-Sony platform (or, say, a Halo game on a Sony platform), but it is entirely possible that, one day, we might see Gears make the leap to multi-platform.

PRO Member

i hate to admit this but this is the only Ms exclusive i like its a really good game i enjoyed it alot back in the day when i played xbox id be more then happy if it came to sony haha in ms face.