Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Naughty Dog Is Ready To Reveal Uncharted 4

This is a discussion on Naughty Dog Is Ready To Reveal Uncharted 4 within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Naughty Dog Is Ready To Reveal Uncharted 4 In October, 2013, one of our contacts told us that they knew ...

Retired...

In October, 2013, one of our contacts told us that they knew Uncharted 4 was well in to development. Shortly after that they confirmed that Naughty Dog have a big surprise reveal coming before the end of the year. Today our source sort of confirmed that an Uncharted 4 reveal is imminent.

Before the all the talk of an upcoming Naughty Dog game our source claimed that Naughty Dog were preparing to reveal something big. It was revealed to us that Uncharted 4 had been in production/development for the past two years; we did a little bit of research and the evidence that we found clearly supported our sources claims, so naturally we reported it. A week later our source reported back stating that the next Naughty Dog game is definitely not Savage Starlight and most likely not even set in space. Only hours after we broke the news Christophe Balestra, Co-President of Naughty Dog, confirmed that the next Naughty Dog game would not be set in space. It seemed as though our source was definitely on to something hot, so we probed for some more answers.

Signature made by dsluckay & PPS bar made by RaveNScythE18

PRO Member

Whatever happens will happen at the VGAs then. I'd rather have a new IP though.

O_o

Coming from a site that has this...

I'd say that source is very reliable.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

cant wait to see trailer

PRO Member

Oh yeah hope is a year of release so I get it with PS4

The only sane person here

I don't know...seems to early to be unveiling a 4th title already. Would prefer a new IP and wait a few years before picking back on Uncharted 4.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingLazy View Post
    I don't know...seems to early to be unveiling a 4th title already. Would prefer a new IP and wait a few years before picking back on Uncharted 4.
    After playing Golden Abyss on the Vita and then hearing about Fight for Fortune a week later... it's never too late for an Uncharted 4 Can't get enough of the series.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by annare41 View Post
    So would I, but the new IP won't probably bring in as much money as Uncharted 4 will even if it is a huge success, especially if Uncharted 4 gets released in a year, when the PS死 will still be in need of games (especially exclusives). Therefore, it stands to reason that Naughty Dog would rather release Uncharted 4, and that Sony would pressure them into doing so.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by annare41 View Post
    I'll take both because I'm greedy

Lvl 2 - Bronze

A new naughty dog ip would be nice...but I love the uncharted series and style of game. I hope these rumors are true!

Lvl 6 - Silver

I really hope this isnt true, I think the series is best left as the great trilogy it is and would love to see a new IP for the new console. ND had Jak and Daxter trilogy for Ps2, Uncharted trilogy for Ps3 and I think the ps4 should have its own trilogy. Plus I dont know if im a fan of this whole out in space thing either (if it is actually true)

Uncharted | Ratchet & Clank: aCiT | Uncharted 2 | Heavy Rain | CoD:WaW | Prince of Persia | Resident Evil 5 | Darksiders | Prince of Persia: tFS Assassins Creed 2 | LittleBigPlanet | Modern Warfare 2 | Uncharted 3 | Enslaved: OttW | Battlefield: BC2 | God of War I & II | Mafia II
    NFS: Hot Pursuit | Resistance 2 | Tekken 6 | Bioshock | Star Wars: tFU | Mass Effect | Portal 2 | God of War: CoO & GoS | Tomb Raider

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Sure, i'd prefer new stuff or even Jak 4 but i can't deny that the prospect of seeing a new Uncharted on Next Gen is enticing and a good reason to be interested in the console for the average consumer.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Uncharted 4 CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!
    *****General Of The Army/AoA Leader
    Richard Cser

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Jack 4 would Be Great too and a Next Gen Sequel to the Mark of Kri
    *****General Of The Army/AoA Leader
    Richard Cser

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by powerpound14 View Post
    Jack 4 would Be Great too and a Next Gen Sequel to the Mark of Kri
    I don't like the idea of Naughty Dog doing a sequel to The Mark of Kri. Then again, I wasn't too fond of it when it released and Rise of the Kasai didn't do much for me either.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I'll buy a sequel to any game series I enjoy, but I won't give in to yearly releases anymore after I stopped buying Assassin's Creed games for being like that. I want time to enjoy individual games before I move on to others.

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

i would welcome an uncharted 4 game though i hope its with a new protagonist

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by black__bunny View Post
    I really hope this isnt true, I think the series is best left as the great trilogy it is and would love to see a new IP for the new console. ND had Jak and Daxter trilogy for Ps2, Uncharted trilogy for Ps3 and I think the ps4 should have its own trilogy. Plus I dont know if im a fan of this whole out in space thing either (if it is actually true)
    Just going to leave the Crash Bandicoot trilogy from PS1 out of there?! Anyways while I agree it would be a bit strange for them to break away from their trilogy way of doing things, Uncharted is an extremely large franchise that'll rake in cash guaranteed, whereas making a new IP could be a little risky, not very, as Naughty Dog is pretty well known for maintaining quality among all of their games.

"Jigglypuff is the Finest"

Lvl 7 - Gold

another uncharted

PRO Member

If a new Uncharted is really happening I think it won't have a 4 but a subtitle, just like Killzone Shadow Fall or God of War Ascension, so there'd still a trilogy (remember there is already a 4th Uncharted game, this would be the 5th).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast