Results 1 to 15 of 15

PS4 Reviews

This is a discussion on PS4 Reviews within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; More reviews: PlayStation 4: The launch unit review - ComputerAndVideoGames.com Review: PlayStation 4 | Joystiq The PlayStation 4: The Kotaku ...

  1. #1

  2. #2
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    M40A3's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    847
    Reputation
    24

    They're going to give the xbone a 8/10 or above. Called it. Polygon has a thing for Sony.

  3. #3
    Puns always intended.
    Larrydavidsavatar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    One dimension short of being in a 3D game.
    Posts
    2,432
    Reputation
    161

    Quote Originally Posted by M40A3 View Post
    They're going to give the xbone a 8/10 or above. Called it. Polygon has a thing for Sony.

    I'm guessing that may well be true seeing as they scored KZ a whole two and a half points lower than anyone else. Opinions and all that.

  4. #4
    Rangers F.C
    UNCLEPAULIE's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,856
    Reputation
    109

    I am almost certain the PS4 is the better machine and will be followed closely by Xbox One, I am not expecting this massive gap all the kiddies are fighting about . I am glad now that I never pre-ordered any of the consoles .

    Sony has the slightly more powerful machine but has a much weaker launch, Killzone was the one stand out game for me but looks like fancy cut scenes and no solid gameplay IMO, COD springs to mind .

    MS has IMO a far better launch lineup with Dead Rising 3 and Ryse being the games that interest me the most . The games however come down to personal taste and Titanfall looks like it to could be awesome .

    My main gripe is that the closer we have gotten to the launch, more and more little things that suck have been revealed and I wonder if there will be a few upset customers when all is revealed . I usually act like a kid and rush out and buy everything on day one but this time I am going to wait for a price drop and for all to be revealed . The price for both consoles was very fair IMO so this is not the issue but I just want to see how it all pans out, I think April - May would be a good time, doubt there will be a price drop by then but that's not a big deal .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

    I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

    To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge


  5. #5
    INTJ
    Ps360's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,268
    Reputation
    310

    8 hour battery on a controller jesus christ

    at least i can replace the wii u gamepad battery with any one i want but on DS4 your stuck.

  6. #6
    worlds biggest welch fan
    nevetsteven2's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Washington biosphere
    Posts
    811
    Reputation
    63

    Just picked up a ps4 controller yesterday to jam on the ps3 with the Micro Usb cord.
    here are my 2 cents on the device.

    They should of kept with rounded thumb sticks instead of thumb grooves on the new controller.

    There signature feel is gone, I started jamming PS1 when it first came out that could be why.

    time to adapt thy thumbs

    Overall im stoked to wait 6 months for the PS4 and start fresh with a new PSN name too.
    Sig By Me

    Mirrors Edge Platinum









  7. #7
    INTJ
    Ps360's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,268
    Reputation
    310

    the controller is still better than the DS3 and below

  8. #8
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    parkerdip's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,212
    Reputation
    30

    I was wanting a PS4 for Christmas as it would be a really nice thing to open on Xmas day but the launch lineup doesn't really have anything that I fancy. Never played Killzone looks like any other shooter. It seems like the big games get released next year like Watch Dogs, The Crew and DriveClub got delayed.

    Also I bet there will be issues with launch and they will release software updates so I'm thinking the best time to get a PS4 for me could be Easter time when there is a slightly bigger selection of games and some issues are fixed.

    But now I don't know what to get for Christmas, usually its games but I can't think of any games I want that is not releasing on PS4. Might as well wait like Assassin's Creed IV.

  9. #9
    Lvl 2 - Bronze
    LatinoHeat31's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    california
    Posts
    78
    Reputation
    1

    Can't wait for tomorrow night!!! Not sure what time to get in line haha

  10. #10
    Drunken Nights
    Ghost's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,866
    Reputation
    117

    You'll hate: How dang hot the PS4 gets:

    This could get ugly. Even when the PS4 is idling, without any application or game running, this system gets heated. The top of the console won't get hot enough to fry an egg, but the heat exhaust from the back of the system is palpable. If you're planning on some marathon gaming sessions with your new console, you could make it double as a space heater. And we highly advise that you don't leave it in an enclosed home theater case--our best guess is that it'd be cooked to well done in an hour.

    Thus far, the PS4's heat hasn't been an issue; then again, we've only had it for less than a month. We're not saying that the first generation of PS4s is destined for a mass red-ring-of-death/yellow-light-of-doom scenario, but if you're nervous about sending your console in for repairs, you might want to consider waiting to see how the initial production run fares in the wild.

    PS4 review | GamesRadar



    The figures sound meaty but the reality is that PlayStation 4 remains fairly discreet throughout general gaming - easily quieter than a launch PS3 overall, but not quite as unobtrusive as the latest PS3 Super Slim model (when its Blu-ray drive is inactive, at least). Only when you run a game and then move to the menus does the system start to kick out some serious heat. We measured 50-degrees Celsius venting from the rear (better out than in, we say) with the casing itself heating up to 45 degrees - that's approaching launch PS3 territory.

    We ran a series of tests using an infra-red thermometer that we pointed at the "hot spot" area on the casing, where temperatures were consistently at their highest. We also used a basic noise meter to get an idea of the loudness of the system. Conditions weren't totally ideal - ambient noise was 40dB, but the impact of the fans was lessened considerably just one metre off and barely noticeable at all at three metres. The 'close' measurement is a literally a case of measuring the noise direct from the fan exhaust, where the PS4 is likely to be at its noisiest.

    "When the system is drawing max power, the fans can get a little noisy - but across a general run of gameplay, the PS4's acoustics aren't overly obtrusive."

    Idle Blu-ray Gaming Game + UI
    Max Temp 40 Degrees Celsius 41 Degrees Celsius 44 Degrees Celsius 45 Degrees Celsius
    Power Draw 80W 100W 131W 140W
    Noise: Close 42dB 42dB 51dB 53dB
    Noise: 1 metre 40dB 40dB 42dB 42dB
    Noise: 3 metres 40dB 40dB 41dB 41dB

    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...-playstation-4

  11. #11
    PRO Member
    GatorShea's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    57
    Reputation
    0

    I truly don't see how the PS4 will get that much hotter than a laptop or pc when in use. Most of the time the information will be coming from the HDD and not the disc like a computer. Yes, there will be heat but I don't even expect it to get as hot as the current PS3 models do when running games like GTAV. My slim sounds like a jet is taking off when playing that game and that is most because the fan is running while the disc is spinning like a madman riding a top.

  12. #12
    Lvl 8 - Gold


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Away from civilization
    Posts
    931
    Reputation
    33

    Quote Originally Posted by nevetsteven2 View Post
    Just picked up a ps4 controller yesterday to jam on the ps3 with the Micro Usb cord.
    here are my 2 cents on the device.

    They should of kept with rounded thumb sticks instead of thumb grooves on the new controller.

    There signature feel is gone, I started jamming PS1 when it first came out that could be why.

    time to adapt thy thumbs

    Overall im stoked to wait 6 months for the PS4 and start fresh with a new PSN name too.
    I've been using my DS4 for about a month now, and I, too, started on the PSX, and I can say, yes, it takes some time to get used to.

  13. #13
    Lvl 8 - Gold


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Away from civilization
    Posts
    931
    Reputation
    33

    Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    8 hour battery on a controller jesus christ

    at least i can replace the wii u gamepad battery with any one i want but on DS4 your stuck.
    Hey, at least we don't have to keep buying AA batteries or a Play and Charge kit like we would on the Xbox One.

  14. #14
    Lvl 8 - Gold


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Away from civilization
    Posts
    931
    Reputation
    33

    Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    I am almost certain the PS4 is the better machine and will be followed closely by Xbox One, I am not expecting this massive gap all the kiddies are fighting about . I am glad now that I never pre-ordered any of the consoles .

    Sony has the slightly more powerful machine but has a much weaker launch, Killzone was the one stand out game for me but looks like fancy cut scenes and no solid gameplay IMO, COD springs to mind .

    MS has IMO a far better launch lineup with Dead Rising 3 and Ryse being the games that interest me the most . The games however come down to personal taste and Titanfall looks like it to could be awesome .

    My main gripe is that the closer we have gotten to the launch, more and more little things that suck have been revealed and I wonder if there will be a few upset customers when all is revealed . I usually act like a kid and rush out and buy everything on day one but this time I am going to wait for a price drop and for all to be revealed . The price for both consoles was very fair IMO so this is not the issue but I just want to see how it all pans out, I think April - May would be a good time, doubt there will be a price drop by then but that's not a big deal .
    Thanks for saying what needed to be said. If you are interested in Dead Rising 3 and Ryse, that's fine, personally, I never liked the Dead Rising games, and from what I've seen of Ryse, I'm not too interested in it. I have enjoyed the Killzone series, and Knack's started to interest me. I don't care what Metacritic states, as games I like don't score too "high" on there, but keep in mind A Link To The Past is ranked LOWER than Majora's Mask, and GTA IV for PS3 is the third best game, with a user score of 7.5. Anyways, thanks for saying what needed to be said.

  15. #15
    PRO Member
    GatorShea's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    57
    Reputation
    0

    It is an easy solution. Have two controllers on hand and have them charged once one is dead then connect it and charge it in 2-3 hours while you use the other one. This is much easier than replacing batteries or taking them out to recharge them elsewhere. What else is there to piss and moan about? How about not bother doing anything at all and stay under your blanket with your pillow and be safe from this difficult world.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:30 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO