PS4 Remote Play Footage

This is a discussion on PS4 Remote Play Footage within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Jesus that accuracy......

Lvl 8 - Gold

PS4 Remote Play Footage

Jesus that accuracy...

Lvl 8 - Gold

So remote play is pretty much pointless,unless i have a stomache virus and spending alot of time on the toilet.

Rangers F.C

Total shit, I watched IGN with it and it lost connection all the time . I thought the PS4 would bring about a massive success story for the Vita, I was even thinking of buying myself another after giving my first one to a nephew . I will not bother and it looks like there is no saving the little gadget now, even though its a great little bit of kit .

Sony - please buy the PS4, the camera, the Vita, the expensive controller, the headset, the expensive games . Investing in a PC which is far superior does not seem all that expensive after all .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

PRO Member

I think it'll come in handy for one-display households, and not much else.

I'm currently using my TV as my PC monitor, since it broke, so I imagine I could use this feature while I watch b-grade movies or look up a game guide in the background. Multitasking for the win...

Also, I think this will be much more worthwhile on simplistic games where a lot of accuracy or latency won't be an issue. Not really going to be using this on FPS or action games.
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Well, i saw the IGN demos of Remote Play and they explained the connection issue as being down to using a hotel Wi-Fi along with a ton of other journos so in real life, not such a problem. Also didn't see such problems in other demo videos.

It'll be useful to me as unless my Wife is asleep, i don't get to play my PS3 too much so i revert to Vita when she watches TV i don't care for.
    What i've seen so far is far better than i imagined, i really thought that it would be merely Sony exclusives and the odd third party title that would use it but seeing the demos has shown me Sony aren't skimping on this feature.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I think the video is looking great.
    Maybe I will buy a vita, as ps+ member I also would have a lot of great games for free.

The remote play would I use when I am in bed because my TV is in the living room.

Lvl 4 - Silver

I can confirm that remote play works flawlessly. Just for the hell of it I went to my cousins house last night with my vita. I connected to his WiFi and used remote to connect to my ps4. I played killzone and resogun with no lag what so ever. He lives about 5 miles away from me. Anyone who is interested in this feature should get a vita. It's ps4 on the go.

PRO Member

Obviously not the intended or practical method of using Remote Play, yet still a very cool demonstration of what can be done with the systems in place (with the help from an LTE phone).

<signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

DELTA CUBES, DELTA CUBES!

Was watching football today on my TV so I played ps4 on my vita thru remote play. worked perfectly.
    Avy by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 9 - Gold

this may be a noob Q but how does the vita work with less buttons than a ds4???? as it doesn't have r2/l2....

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Man-023 View Post
    this may be a noob Q but how does the vita work with less buttons than a ds4???? as it doesn't have r2/l2....
    The touch screen on back is divided into 4 quarters. Each area representing L1, R1, L3, R3. Takes some getting used to.

★ Extra Astronomical ★

Quote Originally Posted by ooga View Post
    Was watching football today on my TV so I played ps4 on my vita thru remote play. worked perfectly.
    Yep me too, it was amazing. I remote played AC IV until my vita's battery ran out...

Forget I Was Ever Here

Quote Originally Posted by Pancake Model View Post
    Yep me too, it was amazing. I remote played AC IV until my vita's battery ran out...
    I just don't get it why play on a small screen and not a large one? if you are in the bathroom or driving i understand more but sitting at home just seems so weird to me.

It is time for me to go underground

★ Extra Astronomical ★

Quote Originally Posted by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper View Post
    I just don't get it why play on a small screen and not a large one? if you are in the bathroom or driving i understand more but sitting at home just seems so weird to me.
    You missed the part about watching football.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Played bf4 via remote play last night,never again will i use remote play,remote play is garbage.