Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

5 PS4's already broke

This is a discussion on 5 PS4's already broke within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Ill just leave this here as you continue to try and troll Sony in your lame threads before launch News ...

Trophy Guide Grand Master

Ill just leave this here as you continue to try and troll Sony in your lame threads before launch

News
    WiiU
    Server Stress and Broken Systems Vex Wii U Launch

by Michael Cole - November 18, 2012 - 5:43 P.M. PT
    Total Comments: 26

A lengthy system update and defective units may disappoint new Wii U owners.

Nintendo's Wii U launch today was met with excitement, but also technical difficulties.

Exceedingly long download times for Wii U's software update service and defective units may have put a damper on the launch day excitement. NWR staff and others have reported hour-plus download times and server errors when downloading the critical day-one software update, which enables Wii backwards compatibility, among other features. The lengthy Wii-to-Wii U transfer process also introduces additional waiting periods as part of the console's initial setup.

Compounding the problem are reports of defective Wii U units. There have been reports of broken, or "bricked," systems due to power failure during the lengthy software update process. Others have complained about quality assurance problems such as broken disc drives and problems with video output.
    Server Stress and Broken Systems Vex Wii U Launch - News - Nintendo World Report

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by MAXTHUNDER View Post
    I love consumers that do not read the instruction manual before doing anything and then their console breaks because they wanted to dick around on the system without any know how between anything and if it doesn't go as fast as they want too they flip out and press a whole bunch of buttons.
    he didn't dick around.

he did everything slow then downloaded DC universe online (The PS4 Decided to download it twice). then it crashed on him

edit:

Shots fired

https://twitter.com/OXMUK/status/400629106297290752

There's a difference between faulty hardware Causing problems and impatient users causing problems.

it was confirmed on the wii u that everyone that "Bricked" shut it off before the update finished.

Deathless Destroyer

And that's why I'm getting it in January so that the beginning problems are over and I get the first 2 PS4 patches gratis without needing to download them
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

Retired...

It was a faulty patch update, the Twitch dude reformatted his HDD and re-downloaded the patch and his console working once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Encorporeus View Post
    And that's why I'm getting it in January so that the beginning problems are over and I get the first 2 PS4 patches gratis without needing to download them
    +1

Signature made by dsluckay & PPS bar made by RaveNScythE18

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Smashguy View Post
    It was a faulty patch update, the Twitch dude reformatted his HDD and re-downloaded the patch and his console working once again.

+1
    then it broke again

he's still trying to fix it on twitch tv.

http://www.twitch.tv/hi11zones

Drunken Nights

Question is why did this guy remove the HDD while the console was on

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by GHO5T View Post
    Question is why this guy remove the HDD while the console was on
    that was the only time he did something wrong, but that was after the second time it bricked.

i been watching him for the past two hours and it's hilarious. he misinterpreted the safe mode instructions

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by germ1984 View Post
    Stuff like this is one of the reasons why I didn't preorder for launch.

Well, that, plus the fact I'm skint.
    ^ This.....

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

KCCO!

Well, I'll take my chances. Of all the consoles that will sell, I'd like to know the true failure rate rather than a few incidents here and there.

Lvl 6 - Silver

who fucking cares... these are pre launch consoles.. and almost every console comes buggy... the PS1 had em *my launch fried in months* ps2 had one *the early fats sucked* and the launch ps3s had their issues... this shit happens... who cares

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Well, I'll take my chances. Of all the consoles that will sell, I'd like to know the true failure rate rather than a few incidents here and there.
    And it'll be some time before we even get reliable figures to trust, considering it's having a staggered launch across different markets.

But don't worry everyone, we'll have our dedicated (not obsessed), fact-seeking (non-skewing), non-biased (is only full of love), valued (not a troll) reporter PS360 on the case in the meantime.
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Can't say i've ever had huge problems with any Sony console to date. The absolute reason i continue buying their consoles and handhelds is simple. My buyer history with them reads....

PSOne - Only had one all the way though 1997 - 2002, sold not broken.
    PS2 - One console from mid 2001 to right now and it still works fine
    PSP - One from 2006 until 2012, sold not broken.
    PS3 - Launch model died after 3 years in 2010 ( i wasn't too careful with it to be honest ) and it's replacement is still going strong nearly four years on. ( I could add the Vita but i've only had that 9 months. )

I struggle to believe this is going to be a common problem with the PS4 but the levels of fandom this time around ( Thanks interwebs! ) is making every story about either console an endless battle of ( ahem ) wits punctuated by PC snobs stating the obvious and forgetting the obvious in the same sentence and Nintendo fans reminding me of the defiantly stubborn SEGA fans ( myself included ) of the Dreamcast's death rattle era.

It's like the 90's all over again and it doesn't leave me as happy as i would have imagined.

Legalize it...

Lol Ghost, you beat me to it by 1 min...

Drunken Nights

Quote Originally Posted by JDizzle0420 View Post
    Lol Ghost, you beat me to it by 1 min...
    Sorry man

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

know what ill do if my ps4 breaks down at any point? ill ship it back to sony and get a new one. problem solved.

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
    know what ill do if my ps4 breaks down at any point? ill ship it back to sony and get a new one. problem solved.
    Exactly. Yes, it will be a set back in playing but it's not like buying a used "as is" vehicle. You're not getting completely screwed if you're still under warranty. Also, buy an extended warranty that covers system passed factory warranty. Just the smart thing to do with any console at launch.
    Sig by Alison//Avatar by kid420247//PPS BAR by RaveNScythE18

Fight the Future

So I've read somewhere that there are about 5,000 or so PlayStation 4 units in circulation with 6 reported failures. Do the math and that is an extremely small failure rate, something like 0.0012.

I've bought every single PlayStation product on launch (PlayStation, PS2, PSP, PS3 and PS Vita) and every single one of them works perfectly to this day. I've had one PS2 break on me (not my launch one) and that was because my wife dropped my sledgehammer on it when we were moving. It had already taken a 6 foot drop right on it's disc tray too and worked fine, so I am confident in Sony to build a quality machine.

Trophy Guide Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyHasselhoff View Post
    Others have complained about quality assurance problems such as broken disc drives and problems with video output.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    There's a difference between faulty hardware Causing problems and impatient users causing problems.

it was confirmed on the wii u that everyone that "Bricked" shut it off before the update finished.
    I really hate when shutting the power off on my ps3 breaks my disc drive.....seriously bro, if you want to post shit bashing on sony products how about instead of making excuses for Nintendo to try and defend all their issues you accept the fact that they have their own myriad of problems as well....

OR maybe I should just start closing all your troll threads about sony as you only post them to get people arguing as you sit back and try and paint Nintendo as the best company in gaming that couldn't possibly have any problems

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Larrydavidsavatar View Post
    Can't say i've ever had huge problems with any Sony console to date. The absolute reason i continue buying their consoles and handhelds is simple. My buyer history with them reads....

PSOne - Only had one all the way though 1997 - 2002, sold not broken.
    PS2 - One console from mid 2001 to right now and it still works fine
    PSP - One from 2006 until 2012, sold not broken.
    PS3 - Launch model died after 3 years in 2010 ( i wasn't too careful with it to be honest ) and it's replacement is still going strong nearly four years on. ( I could add the Vita but i've only had that 9 months. )

I struggle to believe this is going to be a common problem with the PS4 but the levels of fandom this time around ( Thanks interwebs! ) is making every story about either console an endless battle of ( ahem ) wits punctuated by PC snobs stating the obvious and forgetting the obvious in the same sentence

It's like the 90's all over again and it doesn't leave me as happy as i would have imagined.
    I don't see this being a massive issue with the PS4, either, but we'll see how it turns out. I also never had an issue with a Sony console, including my PS3 that I got Black Friday in 2007. The only console I've ever had serious issues with is the 360 (bought a new 360 at Gamestop in summer of 2007, came home, hooked it up, turned it on and it automatically red ringed); I went through 8 original models before getting a slim in 2010. And, although it was a store demo, the first time the Wii U at the Gamestop up the street from my house was used after the Nintendo rep put it in was when I tried to play it and it broke during the boot up of whatever game I selected; that's right, it broke 3 minutes after it was hooked up. If PS4 does have a massive system failure, I will be disappointed as I was with the 360, but either way, when I can afford an Xbox One and there's something that interests me, I'll get it, same as Wii U, except there has to be more games that interest me in order for me to get that. Unfortunately though, fanboyism will never die.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast