Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

5 PS4's already broke

This is a discussion on 5 PS4's already broke within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by James_Page So I've read somewhere that there are about 5,000 or so PlayStation 4 units in circulation ...

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by James_Page View Post
    So I've read somewhere that there are about 5,000 or so PlayStation 4 units in circulation with 6 reported failures. Do the math and that is an extremely small failure rate, something like 0.0012.

I've bought every single PlayStation product on launch (PlayStation, PS2, PSP, PS3 and PS Vita) and every single one of them works perfectly to this day. I've had one PS2 break on me (not my launch one) and that was because my wife dropped my sledgehammer on it when we were moving. It had already taken a 6 foot drop right on it's disc tray too and worked fine, so I am confident in Sony to build a quality machine.
    Lol. It took a bludgeoning to kill your PS2. I knew they were indestructible!

Lvl 4 - Silver

As was said by many above, I'm waiting several months before getting my PS4 anyway, need to save up some cash and honestly the launch line up isn't for me. So if there is a real problem at launch, it'll be solved by the time I get a PS4. And honestly, the numbers don't seem that bad either and you can literally just ship it back and get a new console if this happens.

"Jigglypuff is the Finest"

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post

There's a difference between faulty hardware Causing problems and impatient users causing problems.

it was confirmed on the wii u that everyone that "Bricked" shut it off before the update finished.
    My buddy had his brick when there was a 5-second hiccup with his internet. I was there when it happened. As the internet in my area is even worse than it is in his area, this is one of the two reasons I still haven't gotten a Wii U, the other being that there isn't even a handful of games on it currently that I'm interested in.

worlds biggest welch fan

ps360 just jizzed in his pants.

his day is fulfilled from 1st gen Ps4 problems.

Xbox1 is going to have no problems, every console is going to be perfect, they were all hand crafted to perfection.
    Sig By Me

Mirrors Edge Platinum

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyHasselhoff View Post
    I really hate when shutting the power off on my ps3 breaks my disc drive.....seriously bro, if you want to post shit bashing on sony products how about instead of making excuses for Nintendo to try and defend all their issues you accept the fact that they have their own myriad of problems as well....

OR maybe I should just start closing all your troll threads about sony as you only post them to get people arguing as you sit back and try and paint Nintendo as the best company in gaming that couldn't possibly have any problems
    PS360's desperate, posting links to Twitter, where people quote Metacritic for reviews for games that aren't even available to the public yet. They are also praising a console and games that haven't been made to the public yet; really, I've actually read people praising Ryse on there that don't work or are endorsed by Microsoft. A friend of mine played the demo for Ryse, and just like what I predicted, it's as fun as dialing a phone number.

PRO Member

I don't really see this as a significant problem since, you know, they are launch consoles which almost always have issues.

Which is why I wait. Nice try kiddo, but your report isn't necessarily valued.

Your links do not interest me and are considered spam.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Fight the Future

Quote Originally Posted by GHO5T View Post
    Update: Sony has reached out to us to clarify the number of units that could be subject to failure. According to a representative, the .04 percent number we were provided is incorrect by a magnitude of ten. The correct anticipated percentage of units that will suffer from problems is .4 percent. Based on a projection of five million units sold by end of fiscal year (March 31, 2014), that accounts for approximately 20,000 units with hardware problems.

[Update] Sony Addresses Reports Of Failed PlayStation 4 Units - News - www.GameInformer.com
    If that is true that will be pretty amazing. While 20,000 may sound like a lot the percentage is absolutely tiny. The launch 360 supposedly had around a 50% failure rate and they're predicting the PS4 will have a .4% failure rate. I personally think it'll be higher than that but color me impressed if it isn't.

Drunken Nights

Update: Sony has reached out to us to clarify the number of units that could be subject to failure. According to a representative, the .04 percent number we were provided is incorrect by a magnitude of ten. The correct anticipated percentage of units that will suffer from problems is .4 percent. Based on a projection of five million units sold by end of fiscal year (March 31, 2014), that accounts for approximately 20,000 units with hardware problems.

[Update] Sony Addresses Reports Of Failed PlayStation 4 Units - News - www.GameInformer.com

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by James_Page View Post
    If that is true that will be pretty amazing. While 20,000 may sound like a lot the percentage is absolutely tiny. The launch 360 supposedly had around a 50% failure rate and they're predicting the PS4 will have a .4% failure rate. I personally think it'll be higher than that but color me impressed if it isn't.
    I thought the same. At first, I didn't like the aspect that in 3 1/2 months the console would have been available that 20,000 units would have hardware problems, however with a projected 5 million units sold, only 20k would have issues, meaning a .4% failure rate is actually surprising.

WHO DAT!!!!

The ps4 has been in development since 2008 and we all trust sony to have great QA and QC. Enjoy getting your ps4 tonight(like me) and don't worry about it. We have been pumped about this for so long and now it's here. Don't let some asshole troll ruin it. Xbox one had to do something about the ps4's awesomeness. We are now on top with the ps4, don't forget that!!

edit: my ps4 works perfectly AWESOME
    Last edited by gixxerrider; 11-15-2013 at 08:44 AM.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by nevetsteven2 View Post

Xbox1 is going to have no problems, every console is going to be perfect, they were all hand crafted to perfection.
    Launch problems are unacceptable. They clearly needed more time to work on the console.

worlds biggest welch fan

Quote Originally Posted by Outstandind View Post
    Launch problems are unacceptable. They clearly needed more time to work on the console.
    A little sarcasim on the bottom.
    Last edited by nevetsteven2; 11-15-2013 at 09:03 PM.
    Sig By Me

Mirrors Edge Platinum

INTJ

tons of Amazon verified purchases bombarding the review page with 1 stars saying their ps4 is broke

Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: PlayStation 4: Launch Edition

45 page thread on broken ps4's on the official playstation forum:

Broken PlayStation 4 Systems - PlayStation® Community Forums

Enjoy videos of PS4's overheating

Lvl 2 - Bronze

5.0 out of 5 stars Attention, Honest customer speaking!, November 15, 2013
    By
    W.Lin - See all my reviews

Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
    This review is from: PlayStation 4: Launch Edition (Video Game)
    I write this review on Nov 15th. If you click on the name of those who gave a one star review for ps4, you will find their review history interesting----only one review. For those who gave 5 or 4 stars, you may find other review history.(Like me) Secondly, how do they know their PS4 is DOA if the ps4 HAS NOT EVEN BEEN SHIPPED? As far as I know, if you order the item on 12:01 am Nov 15th, even the best delivery won't allow anyone to recieve it before Nov 16th. But those one star customers got their PS4 on Nov 15th. Did they pre-odered it? Did they all choose one-day delivery? All 100plus of them?

PRO Member

A little sarcasim on the bottom.
    I interpreted that as a statement that it's normal for consoles to have problems and therefore it's ok.

WTF did you mean?

worlds biggest welch fan

I interpreted that as a statement that it's normal for consoles to have problems and therefore it's ok.

WTF did you mean?
    Launch problems are unacceptable, got it.
    Misread it earlier

Schucks
    Sig By Me

Mirrors Edge Platinum

Trophy Guide Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post

Enjoy videos of PS4's overheating
    Enjoy videos of WiiUs breaking

Get bent...

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyHasselhoff View Post
    Enjoy videos of WiiUs breaking

I can't get past how dirty that guys room is. WTF?
    What happens to CoD players when they try to play Dark Souls...

Formerly known as Tyrion619

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion619 View Post
    I want to know how he made it over to the console so quickly!

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion619 View Post
    He's gone for that can't be fucked so I'll live like a tramp look. It's popular amongst teens and lazy twats

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast