Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

5 PS4's already broke

This is a discussion on 5 PS4's already broke within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Kotaku's Review PS4 Broke (Review ps4's = Retail ps4): The PlayStation 4: The Kotaku Review (In Progress) Aside from all ...

INTJ

5 PS4's already broke

Kotaku's Review PS4 Broke (Review ps4's = Retail ps4):
    The PlayStation 4: The Kotaku Review (In Progress)

Aside from all this online stuff, there's one other awkward detail that I can't accurately assess at this moment. It's this: the first retail PS4 we got from Sony didn't work. Now, please, don't panic. It's impossible to tell how much of a fluke this was or whether this is the canary in a coal mine of pending PS4 hardware troubles.
    Neogaf user's Taco Bell PS4 Broke:
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=715057

After playing a brief game of NBA 2k14 I quit and inserted my battlefield 4 disk. The system prompted for an update, so while watching the progress bar (Around 20%) my controller light turned from blue to white. Hasn't worked since...

Get those extended warranties ready! and SCEA on speed dial!

Reddit user's Taco Bell PS4 Broke:
    I have the Taco Bell PS4 right now in my hands, AMA : PS4

When I turn on my console it just sits there pulsing blue. As far as I can tell it is supposed to turn white but it isn't doing that. There is no signal on my tv either. I talked to at least 5 tech support people on the phone and 1 on-line. All of them but two outright refused to help me saying that the console is not yet released and they can't help me. Two of the tech tried to help me boot it up into safe mode and that failed. At that point they both told me to call back Friday. I have the video of my initial boot up here:arogon1416 - Streaming PS4 thingies - Twitch if you want I can make a new video better explaining my problem.

Another Reddit user's Taco Bell PS4 Broke:
    So, I also got a faulty ps4 from tacobell, here is my support story : PS4

So I also had a faukty ps4 shipped to me this morning, when I realized that it wasnt working I called support and this is that account.
    I was first connected to a girl called Lauren, she was very nice and helpful and took me through a normal troubleshooting process, when none of that worked she created a full support ticket and said I would receive a call back.

About an hour later I got a call from a guy called Joe concerning my support ticket. He also took me through some troubleshooting before taking me that my console would have to be shipped in for support. He offered to expedite the whole process as much as he could, and apologized profusely for the mistake.

So overall it is a dissapointing day, but I'm at least glad I got good support from the people at Sony, and that it is being handled as quick as possible.

TLR broken ps4 was handled by Sony in a quick, yet still dissapointing manner.

PS4's Crashing at Target:

EDIT:

Another PS4 Hangup

edit 2:

Rangers F.C

I love how people including myself think that pressing all the buttons randomly and fast helps crashing consoles lol
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Lvl 5 - Silver

This is very troublesome. I really hope that launch units are well-made with an under 10% failure rate.

Fight the Future

I'm surprised more of the display units in places like Target and GameStop don't break. They are enclosed in a space with very little ventilation and left on all the time.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by James_Page View Post
    I'm surprised more of the display units in places like Target and GameStop don't break. They are enclosed in a space with very little ventilation and left on all the time.
    yeah i was just gonna say it's not surprising since the console in locked up in a hot box, can't be good for it.

Game on....

This doesn't mean anything. Ps360 would want nothing more than a massive PS4 failure and hardware recall at launch, so he can laugh to himself while playing his Wii U in his Nintendo shrine. That is your dream isn't it Ps360...?

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless-Enigma View Post
    This doesn't mean anything. Ps360 would want nothing more than a massive PS4 failure and hardware recall at launch, so he can laugh to himself while playing his Wii U in his Nintendo shrine. That is your dream isn't it Ps360...?
    This is more of a journal of PS4 units he's successfully sabotaged. I imagine we'll get an update on every 5 he breaks.
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

PRO Member

Lol... guess we knew there were some troubles on the way. Imagine how many more machines are already broken/soon to be broken given that several more or less come out of the box useless.

Not cool but they kinda have to rush to get a competitive edge.

PRO Member

Nothing is perfect duh

Check Those Corners

Everyone knew this.. of course 360 got aroused when seeing a modest issue with launch consoles the day/BEFORE official release, makes a big deal about it.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Stuff like this is one of the reasons why I didn't preorder for launch.

Well, that, plus the fact I'm skint.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

In terms of a hard reboot that only took just under 2 minutes and my question is why would they hit the button to turn the controller on? Any true SONY fan would know enough to press the button. If you ask me the guy that made the video is trying to detract sales away from SONY by trying to bash them and depict the system as slow and unresponsive. Plus my other question is did that store download the update?

Banned

Oh, well... hmm... I don't know what I try to say about this, these PS4s are not real gaming, it is just like demo in a kiosk, there's always problems with the demo-game consoles like PS3 and XBox 360 at everywhere like Wal Mart, Target, GameStop, and other retail stores whichever they have them for demo-game consoles. About Taco Bell thing, I'm glad I don't win that prize and I read about they had complained about PS4 problem, maybe Sony didn't finish them and they saved them for Taco Bell prizes before they send them to the retail stores for PS4 launching.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by James_Page View Post
    Probably, that's what I thinking about.

INTJ

Guy's PS4 got Bricked in 5 Minutes Flat

watch him try to fix it

Hi11Zones - Twitch

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    Guy's PS4 got Bricked in 5 Minutes Flat

watch him try to fix it

Hi11Zones - Twitch
    Liquidln2 - Twitch Watch a guy who is actually streaming at high quality from the PS4 instead of a dumbass that unplugged his ps4 while downloading the console patch and removed the HDD.

PD: Necromarker666 is your username in Twitch ? Kind of lame you were posting your thread link in the chat and nobody gave a flying f*ck.
    PS4: jGezze7
    ''War... War Never Changes...... Men do, through the roads they walk.''

The Old Guy

Someone was actually dumb enough to link this thread in the IGN comments section as a "source" showing the PS4 having launch issues. Probably the best thing that ever happened to the internet persona that is Ps360....

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by iRock View Post
    Liquidln2 - Twitch Watch a guy who is actually streaming at high quality from the PS4 instead of a dumbass that unplugged his ps4 while downloading the console patch and removed the HDD.

PD: Necromarker666 is your username in Twitch ? Kind of lame you were posting your thread link in the chat and nobody gave a flying f*ck.
    nope

miyac1 is mine

also blindly accepting twitch chat as truth is a bad idea. he was actually operating the PSN and stuff then it crashes.

http://www.twitch.tv/hi11zones/b/479472614

The Bricking begins at 23 minutes. it bricks before unplug (Same thing that happened with the neogaf poster, The ps4 went white and bricked.)

INTJ

And The Twitch Streamer fixed the problem!

The HDD is the problem!

"I did something sony could not. Fix my Playstation"

edit:

the drive is being retarded again, it bricked the PS4 Again.
    Last edited by Ps360; 11-13-2013 at 09:23 PM.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

I love consumers that do not read the instruction manual before doing anything and then their console breaks because they wanted to dick around on the system without any know how between anything and if it doesn't go as fast as they want too they flip out and press a whole bunch of buttons.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast