PS4 vs XB1 Size Comparison Shots (Spoiler: Xbox is xbox hueg)

This is a discussion on PS4 vs XB1 Size Comparison Shots (Spoiler: Xbox is xbox hueg) within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; ...

INTJ

PS4 vs XB1 Size Comparison Shots (Spoiler: Xbox is xbox hueg)

Lvl 8 - Gold

Reminds me of the original Xbox.

Breakfast and Chill

I've tried to refrain from making the Xbox= VCR jokes, but this is too far.

PRO Member

Never again xbox

Fight the Future

Damn, the Xbone is huge. It is nearly as bad looking as people were making it out to be though, in my opinion at least.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

That is mental, I had no idea it was THAT big. Microsoft must have been really cautious about the console's internal temperature, leaving a lot of breathing space for the components along with using an external power brick.

They might have played a good hand here though. The PS4's compact nature does raise a few concerns with me with regards to overheating, especially since the power brick is internal.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by germ1984 View Post
    That is mental, I had no idea it was THAT big. Microsoft must have been really cautious about the console's internal temperature, leaving a lot of breathing space for the components along with using an external power brick.

They might have played a good hand here though. The PS4's compact nature does raise a few concerns with me with regards to overheating, especially since the power brick is internal.
    But even them leaving enough breathing room, it has 3 OS (unless the specs have changed since I last read them).

★ Extra Astronomical ★

I think it's smart. Microsoft will have a redesign out down the line, and its size will be similar to the PS4. The size difference will compel more people to buy/upgrade. I can't see the PS4 getting any smaller than what it is.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Pancake Model View Post
    I think it's smart. Microsoft will have a redesign out down the line, and its size will be similar to the PS4. The size difference will compel more people to buy/upgrade. I can't see the PS4 getting any smaller than what it is.
    Makes sense, but even so, how small can they make it with what it's got under the hood? Seems like if they made it the size of the PS4, there'd be serious overheating problems.

Lvl 9 - Gold

That size difference is not a good thing for xbox. Smaller the better if your trying to fit it nicely in a small bedroom.... oh wait Microsoft haven't made a console for the bedroom, they think all gamers play in their living room.

Every time I see the PS4 design I like it more and more.

I wonder how that compares to the original PS3 which was huge

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by parkerdip View Post
    That size difference is not a good thing for xbox. Smaller the better if your trying to fit it nicely in a small bedroom.... oh wait Microsoft haven't made a console for the bedroom, they think all gamers play in their living room.
    Henceforth why I hate the Kinect.

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by germ1984 View Post

The PS4 runs significantly cooler than the PS3 - PlayStation 4 Operating Temperature Revealed - IGN NEWS - IGN Video

Lvl 8 - Gold

Jesus I seen the xbone at GS but I didn't expect it to be this big. Even with the power brick lol.

I make lego out of you!

the XBONE will cool better! PS4 will probably have heat issues especially launch models :]

EDIT: word correct
    Last edited by ROBO3AG13; 11-15-2013 at 12:46 AM.
    Making plat cards

Negator

I hope most of that additional girth is for airflow...kinda has me slightly concerned for the PS4. We'll give it a few months and see where we stand.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Cops vs Robbers Rangers??

wow was that a vcr from the 80's its huge lol o well im gonna wait on getting the ps4 til they get most of the bugs crushed out of the system

Rangers F.C

I don't think any of them are particularly good looking consoles, it does make you wonder what kind of NSA spying devices are built into the Xbox when it is less powerful and twice the size .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Platinum Dohvakiin

Dear M$ the '80's called they want their design back.....

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    The PS4 runs significantly cooler than the PS3 - PlayStation 4 Operating Temperature Revealed - IGN NEWS - IGN Video
    "5 to 35 degrees Celsius"

(60 C)

seems legit

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    "5 to 35 degrees Celsius"

(60 C)

seems legit
    Take it up with the FCC -

According to a recent FCC analysis of the upcoming PlayStation 4, Sony's latest console has an operating temperature range roughly 40 degrees below that of its predecessor.

According to the FCC, standard operating temperatures for a PlayStation 4 range from 41 to 95 degrees Fahrenheit. Compare that to the PlayStation 3 which was designed to operate in temperatures between 113 degrees and 131 degrees Fahrenheit. More anecdotally, anyone who's played games on a PlayStation 3 (especially the original model) for an extended amount of time will tell you that the console had a tendency to heat whatever room it was in. Often to the point where it was simply unplayable on especially hot days, as at certain temperatures not too far beyond its specified operating range, the PlayStation 3 could cease functioning or even damage games and peripherals with its heat. By contrast, the PlayStation 4 should have fewer overheating issues, and hopefully a longer mechanical lifespan as a result.
    https://apps.fcc.gov/eas/GetApplicat...tml?id=2016965

Seems legit.

You know how to use Google, right? 5 to 35 degrees is the PS4 OS operating temperature. Of course it's going to increase under load when playing a game.

The FCC rated its standard range at 41 to 95 degrees, which is 40 degrees cooler than the PS3. Stick a PS4 in an overheated environment and you're going to get the results from your totally-not-biased XB1 fanboy site.

Regardless, Sony resolved the PS3 overheating issues by changing the solder in the Slim. That's obviously been passed onto the next generation, so there should be less concerns about overheating this time around.