Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thoughts on the console (for those who have it right now)?

This is a discussion on Thoughts on the console (for those who have it right now)? within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by mikesorrell It's only if you're not a current member. I've never been able to get trials to ...

Legalize it...

Quote Originally Posted by mikesorrell View Post
    It's only if you're not a current member. I've never been able to get trials to stack.
    Figured as much. Im good with + until next December so I dont really care, but would have liked some free days. Ill probably end up getting 2 more years from Game Stop on Black Friday too just because its 2 years for only $10 more than 1 year cost...

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    pretty great

streamed on twitch tv with knack last night on hard difficulty
    You played a game on Hard? It must be pretty great then.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by JDizzle0420 View Post
    Figured as much. Im good with + until next December so I dont really care, but would have liked some free days. Ill probably end up getting 2 more years from Game Stop on Black Friday too just because its 2 years for only $10 more than 1 year cost...
    I can only afford to get the one year on Black Friday, however it is an awesome deal getting it $20 off, hence why I didn't bother getting the year subscription today to get the $10 bonus for getting it on day one.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Very impressed with remote play. I didn't any lag what so ever. Even away from home.

Drunken Nights

Loving it so far

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Overall I am loving the PS4 so far! Graphics are insane...Resogun is amazing for a free game in HD 1080p. Moving between game and menu is seamless and fast. I wish I knew how to delete messages as group....aif anyone knows please comment! I hope we can have themes soon. I would love to leave more details but I need to get back to gaming...... if you don't have one yet get one, you wont be disappointed.

Lvl 7 - Gold

The streaming feature is Doom's favorite by far. Just gotta wait till they release a fighter in the VS series and I'll be set. Or at worst another Street Fighter.
    Doom runs a country, bitch! A nation of slaves! Dig you a grave! I'll make Umbrella look like Welfare, minimum wage! Doom is getting enraged! I come harder! Killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into a suit of armor! Beat you to death with your legs, leave you in stitches, Marvel 2 is the shit, RE 5 is for bitches!

Sig made by Auburn
    First Latverian to Platinum Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Liking mine a lot so far, enjoying all the games ive tried.

The Old Guy

I agree with most of what's been said here - I would like the ability to customize the color of the UI but apart from that I feel like there's too much going on for full custom themes to really work. But man, that thing works and works fast! Going in and out of games, back to messages, trophies, etc, are all 100 times faster than ps3 and even faster than on the Vita.

My only minor complaint so far is with the fan/heat. It's nowhere near as hot or loud as the original ps3, but the fan does run constantly when playing games and is noticeable depending on what's going on in the game. Heat-wise, it's probably slightly hotter than my current ps3 (especially in the back), which is one of the last matte black ones (right before they released the super-slim), but not extremely so. That kind of makes me wonder why the fan is always running because the fan in my ps3 never runs.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I have a PS4 and I love it so far. I feel like the UI is greatly improved and cleared up versus the PS3 UI. I got used to the PS3 UI, but the new one is so much cleaner and simple to use, it's beautiful. I love the DualShock 4 as well. Great controller in every regard. The applications snap open almost instantly. Trophies sync incredibly fast, although not quite as fast as on the Vita. I absolutely love the way it handles downloads and installs now versus on the PS3. It populates a list of all the downloads and installs everything once they're downloaded. All this happens in the background too. No need to click on the "bubble" and wait for the installation any more! So far I can't think of a single complaint.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by dturnover1 View Post
    I have a PS4 and I love it so far. I feel like the UI is greatly improved and cleared up versus the PS3 UI. I got used to the PS3 UI, but the new one is so much cleaner and simple to use, it's beautiful. I love the DualShock 4 as well. Great controller in every regard. The applications snap open almost instantly. Trophies sync incredibly fast, although not quite as fast as on the Vita. I absolutely love the way it handles downloads and installs now versus on the PS3. It populates a list of all the downloads and installs everything once they're downloaded. All this happens in the background too. No need to click on the "bubble" and wait for the installation any more! So far I can't think of a single complaint.
    My trophies sync as quick on the PS4 as it does my Vita, however, both are still twice as fast as my PS3. The only complaint I have had so far is how long it took to install update 1.50.

Buy my book, Alteration

I'm gonna get one when the stores restock, glad to hear the positivity.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

PRO Member

Amazing system and extremely fast. It is awesome to synch your trophies in less than 10 seconds. I always dreaded doing it on the PS3 as you never knew how long it would take as it would seem to snag on a certain percentage and stay there for some time.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Damn you guys :-D
    I still have to wait 11 more days aaaargh :-D

But great to hear that you are happy with your consoles

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I love my PS4! I would agree with how fast it loads and syncs trophies. I'm very pleased.

Also, I like the new controller layout, but my thumbs do tend to slip off the sticks, and I could use some larger R1 and L1 triggers. I have also noticed that my R1 trigger tends to stick a bit. Maybe it just needs to be broken in more. We'll have to see.

I am still a bit paranoid of it overheating, so I keep a fan pointed directly at it when I'm playing. I did game for 7 hours with COD: Ghost and it was pretty cool.

I can't wait for some new themes and avatars to customize my XMB.
    Sometimes, I wish life had a Pause Button....

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    You played a game on Hard? It must be pretty great then.
    Knacks hard difficulty is artificial difficulty (one hit kills 99% of the time) but yea it's hard.

Also Killzone shadow fall is the first killzone game i actually liked. Never expected "Cold war in space" to be interesting. got boring when you go back to helgan though.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by ONUOsFan View Post
    I agree with most of what's been said here - I would like the ability to customize the color of the UI but apart from that I feel like there's too much going on for full custom themes to really work. But man, that thing works and works fast! Going in and out of games, back to messages, trophies, etc, are all 100 times faster than ps3 and even faster than on the Vita. My only minor complaint so far is with the fan/heat. It's nowhere near as hot or loud as the original ps3, but the fan does run constantly when playing games and is noticeable depending on what's going on in the game. Heat-wise, it's probably slightly hotter than my current ps3 (especially in the back), which is one of the last matte black ones (right before they released the super-slim), but not extremely so. That kind of makes me wonder why the fan is always running because the fan in my ps3 never runs.
    My ps4 is whisper quiet,and its on from the time i get up til i go to bed.I do hate that the alot of the features in the ui dont work though.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

I don't like the feel of the new controller. It holds my wrists at a downward angle and it bugs the nerves in my wrist and forearms and I don't like the L1 and R1 buttons because seeing my hand is angled downwards it makes it hard to get to them. I also don't like the analog sticks. The rubber indents feel cheap along with the sticks that feel like they will snap if I push a little to hard. I'm hoping Sony will release a controller just like the dualshock 3 but I know they won't. My 9 year old son he cannot use the new controller whatsoever. I guess Sony's PS4 isn't entirely for gamers it's for gamers who can use the new controller.

Fight the Future

Quote Originally Posted by MAXTHUNDER View Post
    I don't like the feel of the new controller. It holds my wrists at a downward angle and it bugs the nerves in my wrist and forearms and I don't like the L1 and R1 buttons because seeing my hand is angled downwards it makes it hard to get to them. I also don't like the analog sticks. The rubber indents feel cheap along with the sticks that feel like they will snap if I push a little to hard. I'm hoping Sony will release a controller just like the dualshock 3 but I know they won't. My 9 year old son he cannot use the new controller whatsoever. I guess Sony's PS4 isn't entirely for gamers it's for gamers who can use the new controller.
    Why do gamers always have to be so dramatic? That sentence alone made your post go from looking like a valid complaint to making you seem like a whiny drama queen.

Anyway, I'm sure there will be third party controllers soon enough that will be more like either the DS3 or 360 controller so you probably won't have to deal with the DS4 for a whole lot longer.

Personally though, I love the new controller. The DS3 was my favorite last generation but I think this one is a big step up in terms of comfort. The sticks feel better, the triggers feel a whole lot better (I actually enjoy using L2 and R2 for shooters now, I think it feels great) and it has a little more weight to it so it just feels better in my hand. My only complaint do far is the short battery life but since it can be charged while the PS4 is in standoff mode it isn't a big deal to me at all.

It sucks you can't enjoy the PS4 as much as possible because you don't like the DS4 but hopefully really soon there will be a third party controller that will suit your needs.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by James_Page View Post
    Why do gamers always have to be so dramatic? That sentence alone made your post go from looking like a valid complaint to making you seem like a whiny drama queen.

Anyway, I'm sure there will be third party controllers soon enough that will be more like either the DS3 or 360 controller so you probably won't have to deal with the DS4 for a whole lot longer.

Personally though, I love the new controller. The DS3 was my favorite last generation but I think this one is a big step up in terms of comfort. The sticks feel better, the triggers feel a whole lot better (I actually enjoy using L2 and R2 for shooters now, I think it feels great) and it has a little more weight to it so it just feels better in my hand. My only complaint do far is the short battery life but since it can be charged while the PS4 is in standoff mode it isn't a big deal to me at all.

It sucks you can't enjoy the PS4 as much as possible because you don't like the DS4 but hopefully really soon there will be a third party controller that will suit your needs.

You call me whiny so I'll call you sweetheart. OK, sweetheart I wasn't whining for me I was whining for my 8 year old son who cannot play Knack which was SONY's more child friendly game but I guess it's not and I don't own a PS4 until some good games come out and a better controller for kids.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast