Really so many PS4 consoles already broken?

This is a discussion on Really so many PS4 consoles already broken? within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Hello Guys, are there really that many problems with PS4 consoles in the US? We in Europe have to wait ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Really so many PS4 consoles already broken?

Hello Guys,

are there really that many problems with PS4 consoles in the US?
    We in Europe have to wait two more weeks until we can get our hands on the PS4, but we are all reading the comments and ratings on amazon.com.

It seems that a batch from the Hongfujin Yantai factory in China is very bad.
    Amazon.com: Customer Discussions: Where was your ps4 manufactured.

Can you guys tell me anything about this?
    Are you having issues also?

I pre-ordered my PS4 from amazon.de and I hope that I will get a working one.

PRO Member

I wouldn't read too much into it. That thread you linked has only 27 postings, not all confirming that specific batch was bad.

Keep in mind that in the past 7 years since the last launch, people have been exercising their bitching muscles furiously via the explosion of social media. Everyone has an opinion that must be heard, so while it seems like the PS4 is having a fuck ton of issues, just keep it in perspective that you're hearing about it a heck of a lot more than last generation.

I'm not saying the PS4 isn't having issues, yet just try to be realistic. If we see 1000 reports of consoles failing, yet a million have been sold, that's only 0.1% failure rate. Take a look at this PDF from SquareTrade, a warranty firm that has some data to back up current gen rates - They're all a lot higher than 0.1% http://www.squaretrade.com/htm/pdf/S...ility_0809.pdf

We won't actually know any concrete information until Sony releases it, or consumer rights groups decides to do the digging for us. Until then, don't stress yourself out on what could or couldn't happen.
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Thanks Shuklar.
    Yeah the internet is ruining everything :-D

In Europe we can not wait anymore and are freaking out about these reports in the US.
    But you are right millions of consoles were sold and I would not even mind to write a review on amazon because I would be busy with playing :-D

So only the guys with problems are posting thier angry reviews.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I heard that interns at foxconn in China who manufactured a batch purposely did a crappy job to get back at Foxconn and sony for enslaving them, it s a whole big thing if your interested on that subject google it, anyways my ps4 is due to come in on Friday and i'm pretty worried about it bein one of the faulty ones, does anybody know where to find where your ps4 was made? I heard those made in China are mostly the ones having the problems, want to check and see before I open it if possible.