Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tomb Raider being ported to PS4/X-Box One

This is a discussion on Tomb Raider being ported to PS4/X-Box One within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Outstandind The upgrades will be used to add features that weren't possible before, NOT just the same ...

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Outstandind View Post
    The upgrades will be used to add features that weren't possible before, NOT just the same shit in a slightly higher resolution. E.g. complex character models like Knack or plenty more enemies such as what you see in Dead Rising.
    Yep...slightly improved graphics and adding more shit to levels.

In theory, you're right and I'm sure we'll see some fantastic next-gen titles in a couple of years. But in the shorter term, a 1080p upgrade to some of the more recent PS3 titles will suffice to tide us over during the launch period.

PRO Member

'adding more shit to levels' is going to make a BIG difference, I'm sure of it!

More than anything else on the PS3, the scope of a game has been the biggest limitation. We saw it in games like Dead Island that could only handle a few enemies on screen at any given time, doing only a few things at any given time.

Of course in the short term we have knack... ps2-level gameplay with a ps4-level main character. Wasted opportunity imo but ah well.

I really enjoyed Tomb Raider this year but... yeah.. not a big fan of them porting it to PS4. Undermines what 'next-gen' is supposed to be about.

:|

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Welcome to the realisation that that's exactly what the next generation is.

Sacrifices have been made over the last couple of years to get games like Tomb Raider running on PS3 and 360. The PS4 and XB1 aren't quantum leaps in technology, they're iterative upgrades with more memory, which allows developers to run the same games in 1080p instead of 720p, along with the flexibility to add more shit into the levels. That will amount to little more than slightly better graphics for the vast majority of games.
    Sadly as much as I hate this fact, its true. I don't expect any frog leap from PS3 to PS4. Not like the jump from PS2 to PS3 was.

Lvl 8 - Gold

ill get it if it comes in a steelbook case.
    Uplay: JasonVoorhees98
    Steam: JasonVoorhees987 - Origin: JasonVoorhees987
    XBL: CMaggotbone - Social Club: GrimReaper4383

Threat

Well this gives me a chance to finally play it
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

PRO Member

I'm up for it if it's under $60 didn't get a chance to purchase it before and I'm pretty sure there's plenty of people like me that haven't purchased it and seeing as how currently there isn't a huge variety of games the sooner this comes out the more money they can make if that's what they are aiming for.

"PS3T.com Member Since 2009"

Lvl 3 - Bronze

These types of shenanigans scream of 3D movie conversions...and look how well those have tended to work out. Offer me a $10 upgrade with a trade-in for the previous version, then I may be interested.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Marccap View Post
    He's a female trapped in a males body.......

i noticed that a lot of females trapped in males body, i think they change their female look from time to time also

★ Extra Astronomical ★

Amazon listing for Tomb Raider: The Definitive Edition. It has Jan. 28th down as the release date and is $60.

Amazon.com: Tomb Raider: The Definitive Edition - PlayStation 4 Standard Edition: Video Games

• Live the critically acclaimed, cinematic action-adventure, re-built specifically for next gen consoles
    • Survive high-octane combat, customize Lara's weapons and gear, and overcome grueling environments to uncover the island's deadly secret
    • See Lara Croft like never before, with every bead of sweat, strand of hair, and article of clothing delivered in obsessive detail
    • Endure a stunningly re-imagined island, fraught with new, unforgiving storms, and alive with motion
    • Own the complete Tomb Raider experience with all of the DLC, including the Tomb of the Lost Adventurer, six outfits for Lara, a digital mini art book, and the digital comic "The Beginning

Lvl 9 - Gold

Man I was thinking about getting this for Christmas but now its being ported I don't know whether to wait till I get a PS4 or just get it now.

What's the point in this just make a sequel for next gen

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12