Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

PS4 & PlayStation Vita Ultimate Bundle coming in December

This is a discussion on PS4 & PlayStation Vita Ultimate Bundle coming in December within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; im defiantly gunna wait for a good bundle to come out before they get my hard earned..... and for the ...

Lvl 9 - Gold

im defiantly gunna wait for a good bundle to come out before they get my hard earned..... and for the bugs to get sorted lol

PRO Member

Let's try to find a decent price for Sony to release this. I'm going to use USD since I'm from the US but you guys can calculate this from anywhere you're from.

A PS4 costs $399.99 which Sony lose $18 per unit. A 3G/Wifi PS Vita costs $199.99 and well we all know they are losing a lot with the VITA since it isn't selling. So the goal here would be to try to get as many PS Vita's into peoples houses as possible to encourage gamers that are on the edge of buying one to get one since their friends will have it. So a smart way to be able to drop the price a bit would be to include the Wifi only PS Vita (this is if Sony is playing it safe with the bundle).

Now if you were to buy these two individually it would set you back $599.98 as of right now they cannot drop the PS4's price so we already know for a fact (obviously) that the bundle will go no lower than $399.99 the number we can work with is going to be the PS Vita's price of $199.99. If Sony were to drop the Vita's price in this bundle to $99.99 they would be crazy or really desperate to get those Vita's into peoples houses and not really worried about losing (this probably won't happen unless another Vita price drop was already on the way). However if Sony were to drop the Vita to that price the bundle would cost approx. $499.98 This is a huge steal and it even sounds appealing to me owner of a PS4. However it's way too much of a risk if people don't go out and buy it. Although not a lot of people have the PS Vita and a lot less have the PS4 (since it isn't out at the time in places outside the US) so it's a risk that sounds good especially in December. Now if they were to play it safe they would price the Vita at $149.99 bringing the bundle up to $549.98. This price sounds heavier, it's still a nice deal for what you're getting and it's also a safer decision considering that they are already losing $18 per PS4 and all the Vita stuff. My bet is that the bundle will cost $549.98 ($550 basically) and they most likely will be throwing in a Vita 8GB memory and PS Plus to make the $549.98 worth it. If they were to throw the bundle any lower there wouldn't be any memory for the Vita and no PS Plus (again if they are playing it safe).

So in conclusion it's going to be no lower than $499.98 and no higher than $549.98.

"PS3T.com Member Since 2009"

PRO Member

Actually surprised to see 4 games there and a 16GB card for the VITA. Seems ok to me.

"PS3T.com Member Since 2009"

Go Blue Jackets!!

that is a great bundle but it's even better because it'll stick around till the next generation. I'll look into getting this coming into the summer, maybe then it'll get a discount so it's even cheaper!

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by CurseShooter View Post
    Let's try to find a decent price for Sony to release this. I'm going to use USD since I'm from the US but you guys can calculate this from anywhere you're from.

A PS4 costs $399.99 which Sony lose $18 per unit. A 3G/Wifi PS Vita costs $199.99 and well we all know they are losing a lot with the VITA since it isn't selling. So the goal here would be to try to get as many PS Vita's into peoples houses as possible to encourage gamers that are on the edge of buying one to get one since their friends will have it. So a smart way to be able to drop the price a bit would be to include the Wifi only PS Vita (this is if Sony is playing it safe with the bundle).

Now if you were to buy these two individually it would set you back $599.98 as of right now they cannot drop the PS4's price so we already know for a fact (obviously) that the bundle will go no lower than $399.99 the number we can work with is going to be the PS Vita's price of $199.99. If Sony were to drop the Vita's price in this bundle to $99.99 they would be crazy or really desperate to get those Vita's into peoples houses and not really worried about losing (this probably won't happen unless another Vita price drop was already on the way). However if Sony were to drop the Vita to that price the bundle would cost approx. $499.98 This is a huge steal and it even sounds appealing to me owner of a PS4. However it's way too much of a risk if people don't go out and buy it. Although not a lot of people have the PS Vita and a lot less have the PS4 (since it isn't out at the time in places outside the US) so it's a risk that sounds good especially in December. Now if they were to play it safe they would price the Vita at $149.99 bringing the bundle up to $549.98. This price sounds heavier, it's still a nice deal for what you're getting and it's also a safer decision considering that they are already losing $18 per PS4 and all the Vita stuff. My bet is that the bundle will cost $549.98 ($550 basically) and they most likely will be throwing in a Vita 8GB memory and PS Plus to make the $549.98 worth it. If they were to throw the bundle any lower there wouldn't be any memory for the Vita and no PS Plus (again if they are playing it safe).

So in conclusion it's going to be no lower than $499.98 and no higher than $549.98.
    What you've said makes sense. But, they will be doing a price drop on the Vita soon, as they announced the new models for the Vita and Vita TV, so those price drops will be coming. They could be doing this to test the waters to see how much they can drop it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12