Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Features/Options you want to see sooner than later.

This is a discussion on Features/Options you want to see sooner than later. within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; What features do you want to see the PS4 implement as soon as possible, whether they're planned or otherwise? For ...

Lvl 7 - Gold

Features/Options you want to see sooner than later.

What features do you want to see the PS4 implement as soon as possible, whether they're planned or otherwise?

For me?

Game Resuming from Standby
    The Vita has this feature, and it would be great to see this as an option for the PS4. Not having to sit through health/safety warnings and half a dozen logo screens doesn't hurt either.

MP3 Playback during gameplay
    Spending roughly 20 hours so far in NFS: Rivals, and plenty more to go, the built-in soundtrack is not only lame, yet the few tracks that are tolerable, aren't when you've listened to them 10+ times in-game already. Letting us listen to our own MP3s during gameplay will be a welcome addition when it finally does arrive. Don't really care about audio CDs (as they can be ripped to mp3 easily enough)

Themes
    Whether it inherits the PS3 theme system or comes up with its own, personalizing the system is always a nice touch.

Disabling Video Recording
    I don't know about you, yet I don't like the idea of my PS4 wasting processing power (in the end, electricity) on features I'll never use. Would love to be able to disable the option, and potentially reclaim any HDD space reserved for such features.

Disabling/Changing Controller Light
    Would love to disable the light on the controller. Or make it always one color (green for me ), unless it was critically low on power (ie. turning red). Just seems sort of pointless 99% of the time. What's it even used for currently? The Playroom?

What do you guys want to see?
    Last edited by Shuklar; 11-28-2013 at 10:52 AM. Reason: clarification...rawr
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Cross platform play. being able to xnsfer save files to PC, Wii, Xbox, PS3, PS4, Vita and play with friends on any of the above for certain available titles would be nice. I dont PC, Xbox or Wii but I have friends that do and would play more games more often.

ADMlNlSTRATOR

Quote Originally Posted by Zaraeleus View Post
    being able to xnsfer save files to PC, Wii, Xbox, PS3, PS4, Vita and play with friends on any of the above for certain available titles
    Yeah, that's not gonna happen.

O_o

Personally, I'd like a cup holder. I'd never use it, but options are always nice.

PRO Member

Customisable music/themes/avatars, etc. Maybe not avatars I guess 'cause all you'll see are dicks. And I guess they can't sell us themes/music if we can add our own

I don't know, fuck it. It's probably fine as it is.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Outstandind View Post
    And I guess they can't sell us themes/music if we can add our own
    The PS3 lets you do both, so I can't see why they wouldn't down the road for the PS4. Professional first party themes are traditionally better on the PS3 then any custom ones I've seen.

I do believe them when they say the features weren't removed from the PS4 in favor of using Music Unlimited or other first party services, yet that they actually had to prioritize other things for launch to get them done in time. It's pretty evident they didn't have a lot of time based on how bare-bones the OS is in its current form. I know other people don't share my hopefulness though hehe.

Totally agree on the avatars, yet that would be a lot of micromanaging for the entire PSN.

For the current time, yes, but fuck (haha 'butt fuck'...sorry...haha), imagine if the PS3 still had the same features it had when it launched? That would be terrible! This website wouldn't even exist (they added trophy support years after launch)!
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

Lvl 4 - Silver

a portable ps4 mount type backpack, so I can walk down the streets of new York city playing my ps4. fuck yea lol

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Would love the cloud to get a move on so I can get older games to download and play. Guess that's. Just a matter of time.

What at would be really good would be introducing a mission type system like the xbox one has. Basically it is just like another achievement/trophy although you don't get a trophy for it. May be something like kill x amount people on CoD using a sniper within the next x days. Xbox give out rewards such as new avatars for your character, might be new clothes, bg theme, stuff like that. Dunno what PS could reward you with to make it worthwhile. Just nice to have extra achievements to aim for, especially in games like NFS where I tend to get bored of just racing after a while but if I'm working towards something keeps me playing for longer.

PRO Member

A YouTube app. That seems to be the thing I miss the most in my living room since I moved the PS3 to the bedroom. I hate having my giant tv in front of me and watching videos on my phone.

DELTA CUBES, DELTA CUBES!

that update that took years to get for the vita, where you wouldnt get all of the same messages on your ps3 as you already received on your ps4.

so annoying, and should have been implemented already.

HBO Go app too.

Sig & Avy by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 5 - Silver

I would like it to be able to read CDs and flash drives

Signature made by PixieOfDarkness | GDT bar by djunglist

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by christiet937 View Post
    A YouTube app. That seems to be the thing I miss the most in my living room since I moved the PS3 to the bedroom. I hate having my giant tv in front of me and watching videos on my phone.
    You can use YouTube. If you want to use the PS3 version it's www.youtube.com/tv

If you want to use the browser, enable HTML5 first (some videos may not work)

www.youtube.com/html5

Get bent...

The ability to completely delete games with zero trophies earned.

'Hiding' them just doesn't cut it. I wanna completely get rid of 0% games.

Lvl 7 - Gold

A more refined game-centric XMB. With the ability to hide unwanted menu options such as video, music, photos.

(ps3 only i guess) No more of this shutting you off from PSN if you are playing a game and you choose not to update it. I can't carry a conversation through voice chat, so messages have to do and it is really awful to delay playing a game until I am done my conversation. Some games just aren't worth updating.

Option to choose startup splash page from other PS generations.

They're going the Apple route and trying to force you to use their own services for media, it is a shame that it will be the downfall of the unit as a multi-media device. One day maybe they will let me listen to my own music, whether by importing from a digital source or outright playing through a cd.

I am sure with another 20 minutes of experience I could come up with an even bigger list of stuff that needs to be changed.
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

~There is no such thing as an unemployed gamer. You can either pay to play or you don't play at all~

INTJ

scrap ui, get new one similar to xbox one where you can't plaster screen-huge ads all over the screen.

Better voice recognition features

just better software features in general.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    scrap ui, get new one similar to xbox one where you can't plaster screen-huge ads all over the screen.
    Have they been doing that?

I'm the Oogie Boogie Man

Some sort of theme system, something to liven up the usual blue.

Outdated Plat-bar by ThunderStick, sig by DaRe, avatar by ROBO3AG13
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!

cake or death

Skygo and Youtube apps. I'm hoping Skygo isn't some Xbox exclusive as far as consoles go

Big thanks to Bladia for awesome sig
    "Unfortunately the Nazi's don't play cricket - if they did, we wouldn't be on opposite sides now."

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I would definitely like to have a theme of some sort and it would be nice if my friends on PS3 could see when I was online

Writing Things

Customisable music/themes/avatars, etc. Maybe not avatars I guess 'cause all you'll see are dicks. And I guess they can't sell us themes/music if we can add our own

If a Facebook account is linked then you can use your FB picture ( use a bogus account if you don't wish to be on there ) as your Avvy so you can use pretty much whatever image you want. ( within taste boundaries )

Personally, i just want Twitch to allow archiving of PS4 broadcasts and for a less convoluted way of getting your uploaded clips on YouTube. Maybe colour customisation of the UI, pretty content with the setup otherwise.

Sig by DaRe_xLw

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast