How to get Twitch veiwers?

This is a discussion on How to get Twitch veiwers? within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I try and stream but no one likes to join and watch, does anyone have any suggestions? It appears you ...

Administrator

How to get Twitch veiwers?

I try and stream but no one likes to join and watch, does anyone have any suggestions?

It appears you channel is not listed unless you make a minimum of 4-5 viewers? Why doesn't the PS4 show all streams?

Lvl 8 - Gold

First and foremost, I been on Twitch for years, including Justin.tv (/hipster rant over)

You need time, money, and dedication to build your channel. If your streaming through your PS4, understand that the quality won't be great. Setup a mic and camera. They're both optional, but viewers love streamers that interact with them.

Secondly, what games are you streaming? If your streaming BF4/CoD, you won't get much viewers unless you build a fanbase or your popular on YT. Try to diversify your channel. You won't get much viewers at first, but it grows eventually. If you stream the game that millions of others are streaming, you won't get much viewers.

Thirdly, patience. There's people that been streaming for ages and never reached the 100 viewers mark. Granted, it may sound worthless to you but they build a fantastic "community" through their stream. They get dedicated viewers (like me) that been with them since day one.

There's going to be a lot of times where you put so many hours yet not even achieve 10 max viewers, but thats ok. As long as your having fun, everything is cool. =)

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Be a hot chick lol that seems to work

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by M40A3 View Post
    First and foremost, I been on Twitch for years, including Justin.tv (/hipster rant over)

You need time, money, and dedication to build your channel. If your streaming through your PS4, understand that the quality won't be great. Setup a mic and camera. They're both optional, but viewers love streamers that interact with them.

Secondly, what games are you streaming? If your streaming BF4/CoD, you won't get much viewers unless you build a fanbase or your popular on YT. Try to diversify your channel. You won't get much viewers at first, but it grows eventually. If you stream the game that millions of others are streaming, you won't get much viewers.

Thirdly, patience. There's people that been streaming for ages and never reached the 100 viewers mark. Granted, it may sound worthless to you but they build a fantastic "community" through their stream. They get dedicated viewers (like me) that been with them since day one.

There's going to be a lot of times where you put so many hours yet not even achieve 10 max viewers, but thats ok. As long as your having fun, everything is cool. =)
    Yeah I guess the more subscribers you get the more people notified to come watch.

I'm curious when does your stream shows up in the PS4.

Administrator

Played over n hour, had 1 view. I just don't see how so little people are browsing Twitch or the app is just no showing all channels and is picky.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

What's your channel name? I'd be happy to watch you. Wow that sounds creepy.

Administrator

Well I don't stream that much but it is breakpoint25 - Twitch, be sure to Follow the channel

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Breakpoint View Post
    Played over n hour, had 1 view. I just don't see how so little people are browsing Twitch or the app is just no showing all channels and is picky.
    I use the iOS app and I can't search for people who aren't streaming which is retarded.

Do you schedule your streams? That might help get you some regular viewers.
    If I see you streaming I'll follow.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Id like to stream if my upload was better lol pretty hard to get viewers though I would guess.