PS4 outsells Wii U LTD in 48 hours [250k]

This is a discussion on PS4 outsells Wii U LTD in 48 hours [250k] within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; PlayStation 4 UK launch sales hit 250k • News • PlayStation 4 • Eurogamer.net An industry source has told Eurogamer ...

Lvl 8 - Gold

PS4 outsells Wii U LTD in 48 hours [250k]

PlayStation 4 UK launch sales hit 250k • News • PlayStation 4 • Eurogamer.net

An industry source has told Eurogamer that life-to-date Wii U sales in the UK are still around the 150,000 mark after a year on sale.
    It's good to see both Microsoft and Sony have had such good launches. Maybe people can start shutting the fuck up about console gaming being dead...

Fight the Future

Obviously people weren't ready for the "Nintendomination." Or maybe it was people just wanted to wait and buy a real next gen console instead of spending $300 on a console that is as powerful as something we've already been using for 7 years now...

I am glad both Sony and Microsoft have had such an awesome launch though. Both consoles seem awesome (I'll be getting an Xbone sooner or later) and it is really a great time to be a gamer.

Lvl 8 - Gold

I sort of like the Wii U. I just hate the controller design. I will be picking one up after getting the PS4, Xbone? Not any time soon at the moment, too much out goings, not enough incoming .

PRO Member

Nice 1 Oxymodon28 I seee who your baiting.
    In all fairness I got Ps4 Friday but I also got Mario 3d and I've had a better laugh. On Mario.

PRO Member

Maybe when the WiiU drops to $100-150 dollars in 4-6 years or whatever I'll get one. Can't justify $300 on a system I'm barely interested in (It's most alluring title for me is a 10 year old remake).
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

Ps360, where are you woman?

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

PRO Member

Seriously though, stop it. It gives them the impression that their feedback is actually valued, yet they're too stupid to realize everyone is just laughing at them.
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

Quote Originally Posted by Shuklar View Post

Seriously though, stop it. It gives them the impression that their feedback is actually valued, yet they're too stupid to realize everyone is just laughing at them.
    I don't laugh at her. I find her topics worth a butchers as there's always something worth reading

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

Lvl 4 - Silver

Personally the only reason I haven't bought a Wii U yet is because there's nothing on it I've wanted yet. Unlike a lot of other people I don't find it too childish or some other ridiculous reason, it's just the lack of games. Once the new Smash Bros. or a NEW (not HD Windwaker remake) comes out, I actually may buy the system.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Knack also beat out Super Mario 3D world in sales
    UK Sales Charts: Killzone: Shadow Fall Debuts at #4, Knack Beats Super Mario 3D World - PlayStation LifeStyle
    (See 13 and 14)

I'm a little glad the Wii U isn't doing too well, Nintendo needs to catch up with technology. They need to learn that there is nothing wrong with trying new things but forcing them on people is a bad way of doing it and puts more people off than attracts them

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Oxymoron28 View Post
    I sort of like the Wii U. I just hate the controller design.
    It's built for a purpose and that's first-party Nintendo games and when put in that context, the Gamepad is actually pretty good and far surpasses the wagglestick we endured on the Wii. If my 3 year old can use it, it can't be all bad and it does add a level of interactivity to games.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    It's built for a purpose and that's first-party Nintendo games and when put in that context, the Gamepad is actually pretty good and far surpasses the wagglestick we endured on the Wii. If my 3 year old can use it, it can't be all bad and it does add a level of interactivity to games.
    Yeah, when used correctly, it's a great addition. However, the number of games that actually make a good use of it, as well as the number of games that will do it in the future, will be a relatively small one. Just like the Wiimote was a good addition in some cases and was utterly annoying on every other game, only 1st party games and a handful of 3rd party ones will make a good use of the Gamepad.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Yeah, when used correctly, it's a great addition. However, the number of games that actually make a good use of it, as well as the number of games that will do it in the future, will be a relatively small one. Just like the Wiimote was a good addition in some cases and was utterly annoying on every other game, only 1st party games and a handful of 3rd party ones will make a good use of the Gamepad.
    What are third-party games?

When buying Nintendo, know what you're buying or don't do it at all. You're buying a small catalogue of first-party titles per generation, which is exactly their target market. The Gamepad works well for those games and if for some strange reason you bought third-party games on Wii U (why?!?), they have the Classic Controller for that.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Still gonna get Wii U firt, i'm waiting for Bayonetta, pretty sure the'll make some nice bundle.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

I could really care less about Nintendo. People complain about EA, Activision and Capcom. What about Nintendo. Here you are suckers here is the DS then the DS Lite then the DSi then the DSi XL and from the 3DS to the 3DS XL then to the 2DS now that's more of a major cash cow then on disc dlc, rehashing the same sports title every year and micro transactions put together but hey if parents are stupid enough to buy their kids a new handheld every six months then why not bring a redesign upon redesign.

Cipher sent us to hell

I feel like a horrible person for coming to this thread awaiting a particular individual's reply.
    With that said, I will be getting a Wii U eventually. I like the console, I just don't have the funds to justify getting one when I will have much more immediate use for a PS4.
    PS3/Vita/PS4: x13ucketHeaDx | X360: x13ucketHeaDx | Steam: x13ucketHeaDx

"Kaz... I'm already a demon."

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by MAXTHUNDER View Post
    I could really care less about Nintendo. People complain about EA, Activision and Capcom. What about Nintendo. Here you are suckers here is the DS then the DS Lite then the DSi then the DSi XL and from the 3DS to the 3DS XL then to the 2DS now that's more of a major cash cow then on disc dlc, rehashing the same sports title every year and micro transactions put together but hey if parents are stupid enough to buy their kids a new handheld every six months then why not bring a redesign upon redesign.
    Or, like me, you just wait until the XL model hits the market.

The 3DS XL rocks, no two ways about it. I normally dislike Nintendo handhelds due to the shoddy construction, but this thing is well made and has some damn fine games on it.

The same applies to the Wii U which is easily their best home console to date. The problem is, it's 7 years too late!

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Or, like me, you just wait until the XL model hits the market.

The 3DS XL rocks, no two ways about it. I normally dislike Nintendo handhelds due to the shoddy construction, but this thing is well made and has some damn fine games on it.

The same applies to the Wii U which is easily their best home console to date. The problem is, it's 7 years too late!
    I don't fund on any Nintendo console. I was just basing my comment on how many handhelds come out of Nintendo and judging by the sales a lot of parents are buying them kinda like people complain about COD or EA bringing out new games every year but if it sells they'll keep on feeding us unnecessary garbage.