Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Uncharted 4 is probably going to be bad, and here's why

This is a discussion on Uncharted 4 is probably going to be bad, and here's why within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Angry Parmigiana While drake may have 'ended' his career as a treasure hunter, this villain will obviously ...

Get bent...

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Parmigiana View Post
    While drake may have 'ended' his career as a treasure hunter, this villain will obviously bring him out of retirement and drag him back into the field so that is sure. And the trailer may not give every detail you want, it gives a fair indicator of what the game will be like with the characters, setting and story
    You sure about that, huh? I mean, of course you have first-hand knowledge of these things right? You've seen/played the final game already? You from the future or something?

The ONLY indication of ANYTHING from that trailer is a possible setting (likely one of many), and that the narrator is pissed at someone for burying him in a hellhole or something for 15 years. That's it. Period.

If you get anything more than that out of that trailer, you're just flat out lying and trolling.

For all we know, there will be a new main character to carry the PS4 for the next 3 games or so just like Drake did with the PS3 (and maybe another new character for 3 more games on the PS5). Who fucking knows? Nobody. That's who.
    What happens to CoD players when they try to play Dark Souls...

Formerly known as Tyrion619

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Parmigiana View Post
    While drake may have 'ended' his career as a treasure hunter, this villain will obviously bring him out of retirement and drag him back into the field so that is sure. And the trailer may not give every detail you want, it gives a fair indicator of what the game will be like with the characters, setting and story
    It still doesn't give hardly any information about the story. It's clear the guy is pissed, probably from being betrayed by Drake when something went wrong, but as far as when and where the game takes place, any additional characters (the main villain in Uncharted 1 wasn't even the main villain, as he got betrayed by his henchman, for example, so the guy might not even be the main villain; the pirate map could just be for the prologue level) has hardly any information, if at all. As far as what it reveals about the story, all it says is the guy has been stuck for 15 years in a "hellhole". I'll agree with you in why make another game in the series and not focus on a new IP for the next gen consoles, however, making a judgment on a 70-some second trailer is kind of stupid in my opinion.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    I, personally, have not been disappointed in any of Naughty Dog's work since the first Uncharted. I even enjoyed Uncharted 3, which by most accounts, isn't nearly as good as the first two, but that's arguable. They did a phenomenal job with The Last of Us. Basically, Naughty Dog knows how to develop games. Saying it's going to suck based on limited information and massive speculating is utterly ridiculous. Let's wait til we get some significant information about the game before jumping the gun, eh?
    That's what I was trying to say.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by mikesorrell View Post
    It could possibly be a sequel, although unlikely due to the fact that Drake threw away his ring, symbolically ending his treasure hunting days. But I agree in that one can not judge the game off that trailer, as it provides very very little information about the game, if anything at all.
    Doesn't really matter. Wouldn't be difficult to write around that.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Outstandind View Post
    Doesn't really matter. Wouldn't be difficult to write around that.
    I know it's not difficult to write around it, but as people were stating it being a good spot for another treasure hunting adventure, Nathan's character was based off his relationship with the ring, and his overall fascination with Sir Francis Drake, which when he threw the ring away, he was devoting himself to Elena. Personally, I think it should be written revolving around their relationship, however, we will have to wait and see what Naughty Dog does with the game.

illegal in 9 countries

Here we go...Parmigiana the Prognosticator is back at it

What's this...your fifth or tenth thread about a game that hasn't seen the light of day and you have the audacity to call it shit when we we know absolutely nothing about it?

According to you, every game and game console ever made or yet to be made is bad, so do yourself a favour and don't bother posting - we already know what you have to say and no-one here gives a flickety-fuck about your idiotic opinion.

None of your predictions have come true to date, so how about you strap on your boots, Robbie Rocketpants back to whatever seedy corner of the internet you call home and be sure not to let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

And yes...that's me being civil

PRO Member

I know it's not difficult to write around it, but as people were stating it being a good spot for another treasure hunting adventure, Nathan's character was based off his relationship with the ring, and his overall fascination with Sir Francis Drake, which when he threw the ring away, he was devoting himself to Elena. Personally, I think it should be written revolving around their relationship, however, we will have to wait and see what Naughty Dog does with the game.
    old habits die hard

PRO Member

oh people of the internet, here we go again, dissing something that doesn't even exists yet...

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Outstandind View Post
    old habits die hard
    Yes, they certainly do.

PRO Member

I just watched that trailer again and I think all the little hidden messages on that map indicate that this game is going to be awesome. And, the voice is that of the protagonist. He is our new hero rising from the ground to destroy the tyranny of the 18th century. This game will be less about treasure hunting and more about escaping the the enslavement of undesirables, such as pirates, by the worlds elitist ruling class. It's going to have ND's largest in game map and longest story line of any of their games today. Not to mentioned displayed in 1920 x 1080p 2k hi definition 3D! Because of my great "analytical skills", I'm able to extract all of that from just a 72 second trailer. Aren't I just awesome! I should start my own threads on futuristic games and you should love me!

Ice Cream Firefighter

Hey guys Angry Parmigiana is entitled to his own opinion about the game, that's his choice. But I will say Angry that you do seem disappointed and bewildered by most things and I really do feel sorry for you Angry as no-one deserves that much disappointment. Even if something is bad, try to find the good in things, instead of just noticing the bad.

On topic though, I've never played the UC series, just the start of #3. With that being said, I read the post saying that Nathan Drake threw his ring away ending his treasure hunting days and also read the other post about that there shouldn't be anymore past villains and that Marlowe is the ultimate villian. UC4 involves pirates. Now I ain't no script writer but I can make a storyline based off this info. (Maybe as I don't really know the story previous, so feel free to troll my story)

Nathan Drake has been living the quiet life since we last seen him, but all that's about to change, Drake's ring has resurfaced, but into the wrong hands. the hands of a ruthless bloodthirsty pirate crew, run by a man by the name of ??????. In an attempt to unlock the rings vast powers, the pirates know the ring is connected to Drake and kidnap Elena to get Drake to cooperate with their demands. Follow Drake as he plays the hero one last time to save Elena and recover the ring before the pirates discover all the secrets hidden within it.
    But imo after 3 games that are very similar to each other, I welcome a new change to the series and should look and play to the utmost excellence that we have come to expect from the good people at Naughty Dog and if you don't like it, don't play it.... simple.

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by josh_camp View Post
    I just watched that trailer again and I think all the little hidden messages on that map indicate that this game is going to be awesome. And, the voice is that of the protagonist. He is our new hero rising from the ground to destroy the tyranny of the 18th century. This game will be less about treasure hunting and more about escaping the the enslavement of undesirables, such as pirates, by the worlds elitist ruling class. It's going to have ND's largest in game map and longest story line of any of their games today. Not to mentioned displayed in 1920 x 1080p 2k hi definition 3D! Because of my great "analytical skills", I'm able to extract all of that from just a 72 second trailer. Aren't I just awesome! I should start my own threads on futuristic games and you should love me!
    Your "analytical skills" are unparalleled mate.

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

analytical skills? yeah right its a teaser trailer not a full blown trailer
    and when this game is released and critics everywhere give this high scores
    what then?
    threads that make predictions based off nothing only come up with hot air
    that leads to defensive statements of"your just a fanboy" and blah blah blah

the cycle continues
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Lvl 8 - Gold

@ GDT Good scenario, and it's my fault for not elaborating, but Drake's ring gets swallowed by a sinkhole, along with Marlowe and (if I remember right) the entire village that they were in. What I would figure it as is the guy talking was betrayed by Drake on a job 15 years prior, and kidnaps Elena and the game is Drake searching for her. Kinda doesn't fit the Uncharted universe, but that's how I'd see it.

PRO Member

@ GDT Good scenario, and it's my fault for not elaborating, but Drake's ring gets swallowed by a sinkhole, along with Marlowe and (if I remember right) the entire village that they were in. What I would figure it as is the guy talking was betrayed by Drake on a job 15 years prior, and kidnaps Elena and the game is Drake searching for her. Kinda doesn't fit the Uncharted universe, but that's how I'd see it.
    Yeah but as far as the whole Uncharted universe goes, it is still in line with Drake having to open the centuries old tomb by solving some puzzle that was set up 1000 years ago by the mayans or some crap, only to find that once you are in the heart of the place you were trying to get to, the enemy has already found another way in thus making all of your actions to get to that point pretty useless.

But that is all Uncharted games.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Allenbird View Post
    Yeah but as far as the whole Uncharted universe goes, it is still in line with Drake having to open the centuries old tomb by solving some puzzle that was set up 1000 years ago by the mayans or some crap, only to find that once you are in the heart of the place you were trying to get to, the enemy has already found another way in thus making all of your actions to get to that point pretty useless.

But that is all Uncharted games.
    Good point. I just know that the Uncharted games feature some ancient treasure (except maybe Golden Abyss, haven't played much of it at all) and other than some sayings about love being the greatest treasure, thus why I said it didn't really fit in the Uncharted universe.

PRO Member

Hahaha oh god I remember when people were saying Uncharted 2 would be bad. I remember the hundreds of articles I read abouhow The Last of Us would be bad. I somehow in the back of my mind actually somewhat believing these.Like seriously can we stop this shit. It is Naughty Dog for God's sake. They could make a game about Care Bears and it would probably be amazing. Nevermind a sequel to one of the greatest video game franchises of all time.

Next time you remember who you're talking about here. This is Naughty Dog. And don't forget it.

Sig by Bladia

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by josh_camp View Post
    He is our new hero rising from the ground to destroy the tyranny of the 18th century.
    Love it. That whole century has been nuthin but trouble. Time to show it who's boss.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Uncharted 3 wasnt as good as 2 largely due to its disappointing ending. But stilll its a very good game SO there's no way UC4 would be shit

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by mattveego View Post
    Hahaha oh god I remember when people were saying Uncharted 2 would be bad. I remember the hundreds of articles I read abouhow The Last of Us would be bad. I somehow in the back of my mind actually somewhat believing these.Like seriously can we stop this shit. It is Naughty Dog for God's sake. They could make a game about Care Bears and it would probably be amazing. Nevermind a sequel to one of the greatest video game franchises of all time.

Next time you remember who you're talking about here. This is Naughty Dog. And don't forget it.
    Exactly well said!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast