Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Uncharted 4 is probably going to be bad, and here's why

This is a discussion on Uncharted 4 is probably going to be bad, and here's why within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; First off, as I have in the past, this is an opinion piece and should only be met with civil ...

Banned

Uncharted 4 is probably going to be bad, and here's why

First off, as I have in the past, this is an opinion piece and should only be met with civil discussion. Thank you.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=_SnJPTkrD7o
    Uncharted 4. Wow. Where do I even begin?
    First of all we need to address the idea that Uncharted is jumping on the pirate bandwagon, how creative. After everything they've gone through, to go back to lowly pirates is just a step backwards. Marlowe and lazaravic are fantastic villains but now to go to a man who has been stuck for 15 years in a 'hellhole'? What is this? His character sounds flakey and not well established, which is unfortunate because I think the spot for Nate's ultimate adversary is already taken by Marlowe and I think it would be too much of a stretch to weave more villains into his past.

I have to give a nod to Naughty Dog for being able to choose an okay location with either the ocean or an African jungle (particularly that pirate colony shown on the island on the map) but to have a majority of the game focused in this one region when the past two games have been world-wide extravaganzas is disappointing, I do hope they do include a broad range of locations but There's a huge chance this will simply be similar to Drake's Fortune so I'm not going to hold my breath.

Now begs the question, why are they even making a sequel? Why not end on a high note, there is no way they are going to be able to top Uncharted 3 so why destroy the franchise? I hate when they come back and fore a sequel for no reason other than to make money, it is almost bad and we have to put up with them.

So they are only a reasons as to why Uncharted 4 will be bad, I could probably go on all day based off that trailer but I'm not going to bother you with a longer piece, I prefer to keep it condensed on here.

thank you and I appreciate the civil discussion we will have about this

Lvl 8 - Gold

I'm wondering how you can predict a character from just a 72 second teaser which gave very little in the way of character building information...

More to the point, how you can deduce a game WILL be bad, when literally fuck all is known about it?

It'd be like me saying "So Fallout 4's been rumoured, but it's going to suck so don't bother".

Can't really expect a civil discussion when there's nothing to really discuss...

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

It's not Uncharted 4, it's just the 4th(5th including Vita) in the franchise.

Oh, and before I forget, you're full of shit.

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Creditdue View Post
    It's not Uncharted 4, it's just the 4th(5th including Vita) in the franchise.

Oh, and before I forget, you're full of shit.
    Are you serious? This makes it easier since there hasn't been a name announced. It's the 4th instalment for the console version, and the vita version was a prequel. So don't point to me and say I'm full of shit, look at your own posts.

PRO Member

What have you got against pirates?

To my mind pirates would make an ideal source of material for the likes of Nathan Drake, a long lost pirate treasure horde would make a perfect basis for a classic Uncharted adventure, certainly better than another long lost city that Drake manages to destroy within 30 minutes of finding it. Whilst I appreciate Assassin's Creed has gone the pirate route with their current offering, I hardly think the genre is oversaturated at the moment.

It's also somewhat unfair to accuse the "villain" of being "flakey and not well established", all we have had so far is a minute long monologue so far, we don't even know if the guy talking will end up being the antagonist of this particular Uncharted anyway (Yeah I know he most probably is, I’m just saying).

And finally, to expect a civil discussion after calling your thread "Uncharted is probably going to be bad" is optimistic, but I have tried.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Oxymoron28 View Post
    I'm wondering how you can predict a character from just a 72 second teaser which gave very little in the way of character building information...

More to the point, how you can deduce a game WILL be bad, when literally fuck all is known about it?

Can't really expect a civil discussion when there's nothing to really discuss...
    There's a lot that can be taken from that trailer, you just need analytical skills.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bardas View Post
    What have you got against pirates?

To my mind pirates would make an ideal source of material for the likes of Nathan Drake, a long lost pirate treasure horde would make a perfect basis for a classic Uncharted adventure, certainly better than another long lost city that Drake manages to destroy within 30 minutes of finding it. Whilst I appreciate Assassin's Creed has gone the pirate route with their current offering, I hardly think the genre is oversaturated at the moment.

It's also somewhat unfair to accuse the "villain" of being "flakey and not well established", all we have had so far is a minute long monologue so far, we don't even know if the guy talking will end up being the antagonist of this particular Uncharted anyway (Yeah I know he most probably is, I’m just saying).

And finally, to expect a civil discussion after calling your thread "Uncharted is probably going to be bad" is optimistic, but I have tried.
    You may be right About that, as pirates are seen as the original treasure hunters. But I just don't see them as
    formidable as Marlowe or Lazaravic. So that's why I'm hesitant at the idea of a pirate setting. Drake has fought some of the strongest, supernatural monsters on the planet and now to be faced against pirates would be waste of his skills.

thanks for the input anyway

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Parmigiana View Post
    Now begs the question, why are they even making a sequel? Why not end on a high note, there is no way they are going to be able to top Uncharted 3 so why destroy the franchise? I hate when they come back and fore a sequel for no reason other than to make money, it is almost bad and we have to put up with them.
    Actually they might be able to top 1/2/3 thanks to the next-gen hardware. We'll have to wait and see.

The reason I'll be buying this game is that the characters/story/voice acting/music etc. have all been top-notch. Across 4 games no less. No reason to expect a drop in quality just yet.

On the other hand, the trailer was garbage. :/

Lvl 8 - Gold

First off, as I have in the past, this is an opinion piece and should only be met with civil discussion. Thank you.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=_SnJPTkrD7o
    Uncharted 4. Wow. Where do I even begin?
    First of all we need to address the idea that Uncharted is jumping on the pirate bandwagon, how creative. After everything they've gone through, to go back to lowly pirates is just a step backwards. Marlowe and lazaravic are fantastic villains but now to go to a man who has been stuck for 15 years in a 'hellhole'? What is this? His character sounds flakey and not well established, which is unfortunate because I think the spot for Nate's ultimate adversary is already taken by Marlowe and I think it would be too much of a stretch to weave more villains into his past.

I have to give a nod to Naughty Dog for being able to choose an okay location with either the ocean or an African jungle (particularly that pirate colony shown on the island on the map) but to have a majority of the game focused in this one region when the past two games have been world-wide extravaganzas is disappointing, I do hope they do include a broad range of locations but There's a huge chance this will simply be similar to Drake's Fortune so I'm not going to hold my breath.

So they are only a reasons as to why Uncharted 4 will be bad, I could probably go on all day based off that trailer but I'm not going to bother you with a longer piece, I prefer to keep it condensed on here.

thank you and I appreciate the civil discussion we will have about this
    Boring!!!

Get bent...

Oh lord....here we go again...
    What happens to CoD players when they try to play Dark Souls...

Formerly known as Tyrion619

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

Are you serious? This makes it easier since there hasn't been a name announced. It's the 4th instalment for the console version, and the vita version was a prequel. So don't point to me and say I'm full of shit, look at your own posts.
    It's not a sequel, you can't judge the game based off of that trailer, you're full of shit.

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

PRO Member

I think is 4 the fans that UC 4 will b possible

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion619 View Post
    Oh lord....here we go again...
    Yep. Total thread meltdown in 3...2...

Lvl 8 - Gold

There's a lot that can be taken from that trailer, you just need analytical skills.
    There's a lot in terms of easter eggs maybe, but there is no concrete information, not even a slight amount. Just it's being made, and who voices the narrator in the trailer...

Banned

It's not a sequel, you can't judge the game based off of that trailer, you're full of shit.
    This is a major game for a next gen console, there is little change that duchies will stray away from the main storyline. That's common sense....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Outstandind View Post
    Actually they might be able to top 1/2/3 thanks to the next-gen hardware. We'll have to wait and see.

The reason I'll be buying this game is that the characters/story/voice acting/music etc. have all been top-notch. Across 4 games no less. No reason to expect a drop in quality just yet.

On the other hand, the trailer was garbage. :/
    I can see how you would think a next gen console will give it the potential to be better than 1/2/3 but those three games had a lot to do with story and everything revolved around that. There are just too many limitations for this game to trump the first 3

Lvl 8 - Gold

It could possibly be a sequel, although unlikely due to the fact that Drake threw away his ring, symbolically ending his treasure hunting days. But I agree in that one can not judge the game off that trailer, as it provides very very little information about the game, if anything at all.

There's a lot that can be taken from that trailer
    No, not really. You probably get as much information about the game from the trailer as you would get from the synopsis on the back of the box.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Oxymoron28 View Post
    There's a lot in terms of easter eggs maybe, but there is no concrete information, not even a slight amount. Just it's being made, and who voices the narrator in the trailer...
    I didn't see any Easter eggs, but it was clear what the setting and the antagonist will be, as well as his motives so there was more than enough information that I'd take as concrete

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mikesorrell View Post
    It could possibly be a sequel, although unlikely due to the fact that Drake threw away his ring, symbolically ending his treasure hunting days. But I agree in that one can not judge the game off that trailer, as it provides very very little information about the game, if anything at all.

No, not really. You probably get as much information about the game from the trailer as you would get from the synopsis on the back of the box.
    While drake may have 'ended' his career as a treasure hunter, this villain will obviously bring him out of retirement and drag him back into the field so that is sure. And the trailer may not give every detail you want, it gives a fair indicator of what the game will be like with the characters, setting and story

KCCO!

I, personally, have not been disappointed in any of Naughty Dog's work since the first Uncharted. I even enjoyed Uncharted 3, which by most accounts, isn't nearly as good as the first two, but that's arguable. They did a phenomenal job with The Last of Us. Basically, Naughty Dog knows how to develop games. Saying it's going to suck based on limited information and massive speculating is utterly ridiculous. Let's wait til we get some significant information about the game before jumping the gun, eh?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast