Good upload and download speeds for streaming from Ps4.

This is a discussion on Good upload and download speeds for streaming from Ps4. within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; The current Upload and download speeds I have cause way to much lag and was wondering if anyone knows what ...

PRO Member

Good upload and download speeds for streaming from Ps4.

The current Upload and download speeds I have cause way to much lag and was wondering if anyone knows what good speeds whould be?

I'm in the process of upgrading to 3 mbps download and not sure what the upload will be.

Don't have the greatest internet were I am at but would really like to do some streaming.

Sig and Avatar by Jondeere

I hack idiots all day

speeds of 30 Mbps is the sweet spot, anything more is just perfect but you should be fine with 3 as long as your not doing nothing else with the connection, since it's still kinda low, might wanna close torrent applications on you're PC/Mac, anything that uses you're connection :]
    Making plat cards

Fox
    Anatolia's Mercenary

The upload speed is all that really matters. As long as it's 3 or higher, you should be fine for at least 720p streaming [Don't know if the PS4 allows you to stream in different resolutions, though.] It won't be the best quality, but as long as you aren't doing too much more on the upload side of things, it should work.

However, online games might stutter/lag - either on your end, or on the stream, so I'd stay away from streaming those unless your upload is a decent speed [5 or higher].

PRO Member

I was having this same question thanks guys

"PS3T.com Member Since 2009"

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by knucklesmash View Post
    speeds of 30 Mbps is the sweet spot, anything more is just perfect but you should be fine with 3 as long as your not doing nothing else with the connection, since it's still kinda low, might wanna close torrent applications on you're PC/Mac, anything that uses you're connection :]
    I wish I could get 30 mbps. I don't think it's available in my area. So i shouldn't use my laptop to log into twitch so I could communicate with viewers.

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    The upload speed is all that really matters. As long as it's 3 or higher, you should be fine for at least 720p streaming [Don't know if the PS4 allows you to stream in different resolutions, though.] It won't be the best quality, but as long as you aren't doing too much more on the upload side of things, it should work.

However, online games might stutter/lag - either on your end, or on the stream, so I'd stay away from streaming those unless your upload is a decent speed [5 or higher].
    BF4 Mp is what i wanted to stream but i guess that isn't going to be p[ossible unless I get it bumped up some more.

I hack idiots all day

well a typical 3 Mbps download doesn't have very good upload at all, id say under 1 meg, so you should be fine as long as you are not uploading anything from you're laptop or tablet at the same time as streaming you can't get cable/fibre internet yet? damn man... how long you had ADSL for?
    Making plat cards

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by knucklesmash View Post
    well a typical 3 Mbps download doesn't have very good upload at all, id say under 1 meg, so you should be fine as long as you are not uploading anything from you're laptop or tablet at the same time as streaming
    I wouldn't be uploading anything else.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Keep in mind that streaming through the PS4 is sub-hd. It doesn't allow you to stream in 720p or higher. There is a way to bypass the HDCP and use a capture card.

As others said, a 3mb upload is fine.

ADMlNlSTRATOR

Quote Originally Posted by M40A3 View Post
    As others said, a 3mb upload is fine.
    3Mb is actually his (soon to be) download speed. I'd be surprised if he was able to get more than 500kb on his upload.

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

if i were you id go for the 25/10mbps download/upload speed. pretty much run the world, for 40 bucks at that too

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

ADMlNlSTRATOR

Quote Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
    if i were you id go for the 25/10mbps download/upload speed. pretty much run the world, for 40 bucks at that too
    I have a feeling he's confined to a rural area and limited to DSL.

Deathless Destroyer

Goddamn it Australia, get your shit together and realize that people don't want 20MB net in 2016, they want 1GBPS net like you originally promised us in 2014. Stop acting like 1MB DL/0.7 UP is perfectly fine (which it kinda is for online gaming...only).

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    I have a feeling he's confined to a rural area and limited to DSL.
    More like the end of the earth. Yeah it is either dlc or Charter. Most people here who have had charter says it don't work half the time.

I wish something like Verizon fios was available here but it isn't

ADMlNlSTRATOR

Quote Originally Posted by snakebit10 View Post
    More like the end of the earth. Yeah it is either dlc or Charter. Most people here who have had charter says it don't work half the time.
    I know what you mean, man. I lived on a farm for 3 years, and the best speed I could get at the time was 1Mb. Satellite was always an option, but speeds and stability were terrible. Good luck man, I'm pullin' for ya.

Lvl 4 - Silver

I know the pain of the having 3mbps. I had dsl for years. Last June I upgraded to 60mbps. Could never go back. I would move if I couldnt have cable internet.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Encorporeus View Post
    Goddamn it Australia, get your shit together and realize that people don't want 20MB net in 2016, they want 1GBPS net like you originally promised us in 2014. Stop acting like 1MB DL/0.7 UP is perfectly fine (which it kinda is for online gaming...only).
    Yeah im with you im at speeds between 1 and 5mps but I want min 20mps (hopefully getting soon...) but rural areas kill ya 4 this and the NBN wont be here in my area for min 3-5 years