Question Regarding Upgrading A PS3 Game to PS4

This is a discussion on Question Regarding Upgrading A PS3 Game to PS4 within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; So I'm not sure if this is in the right forum but I'm looking to go out and buy a ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Question Regarding Upgrading A PS3 Game to PS4

So I'm not sure if this is in the right forum but I'm looking to go out and buy a ps4 within the next few weeks but there is one thing I am having a problem figuring out. I'm aware that they made a deal where if you trade in your copy of a ps3 game you only have to pay $10 to get the ps4 version, but that is for a hard disc. I'm trying to figure out if since I bought Fifa 14 through PSN as a digital copy for the ps3, would I still be able to somehow do the upgrade and only have to pay $10 for the ps4 version so I don't get fucked over? Can anyone help me with this?

PRO Member

How to upgrade select PS3 games to PS4 version – PlayStation.Blog.Europe
    Doesn't look like Fifa 2014 is in the upgrade program at the moment

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Wow that's so fucking stupid how they're saying you can upgrade your games for just $10 then pull that bull shit only letting you do it for 4 games. Fuck EA and PSN

Fight the Future

Quote Originally Posted by AgentZero View Post
    Wow that's so fucking stupid how they're saying you can upgrade your games for just $10 then pull that bull shit only letting you do it for 4 games. Fuck EA and PSN
    They made it very clear in the beginning that it wouldn't be for all games. Yeah, fuck EA and PSN for allowing people to upgrade some games to the PS4 version for $10. Just because your game isn't part of the upgrade program (which I'm sure you could've found out that information earlier) doesn't mean you have to act like a child.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by James_Page View Post
    They made it very clear in the beginning that it wouldn't be for all games. Yeah, fuck EA and PSN for allowing people to upgrade some games to the PS4 version for $10. Just because your game isn't part of the upgrade program (which I'm sure you could've found out that information earlier) doesn't mean you have to act like a child.
    This. It sucks that you can't do it but you should've asked or found out before.