Next-gen Hitman Game Announced

This is a discussion on Next-gen Hitman Game Announced within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; A next-gen Hitman game has been announced by IO Interactive in an open letter to fans on their website. [top] ...

Lvl 9 - Gold

Next-gen Hitman Game Announced

A next-gen Hitman game has been announced by IO Interactive in an open letter to fans on their website.

[top]An open letter to all Hitman fans

Dear Hitman fans,
    We wanted to share this open letter with all of you out there eagerly awaiting more news about what’s happening next in the franchise.
    At Io-Interactive right now, we are building the next AAA Hitman game for PC and next-gen consoles. It has our total focus and we wanted to take a moment to tell you a few things about it.

In the next game you will experience a globetrotting Agent 47 at the prime of his career – the apex predator stalking his prey across the world, with the support of his long-term handler Diana Burnwood and the whole of the ICA.

The game concentrates on the core Hitman fantasy of using a wide range of tools to take out a diverse group of targets across expansive, exotic locations around the world. We are building this game on the backbone of the Glacier 2 engine, using the best parts and what we have learnt through Hitman: Absolution and drawing inspiration from past titles like Contracts and Blood Money to fulfil the core Hitman fantasy. That means we’re packing in an extreme level of detail on the largest levels we have ever built for a Hitman game. We’ve adopted an open, non-linear level design approach to the game, ensuring the game will play out across huge, checkpoint-free, sandbox levels. Our aim is to create living, breathing and believable levels which will allow gamers to play around with the AI to create those unique moments every fan of the Hitman franchise loves.

Contracts Mode is back – you will be able to create and build challenges by experimenting with the large levels and possibilities within them. And of course, you can share them with the world and challenge your friends or foes to complete your hits. Your rules, your Contracts.

You will also be glad to hear that we have removed 47’s magic pockets. We believe that’s all we need to say about that subject.

As we get further into 2014, we will reveal more and get into much closer contact with all of you. There are so many things we have planned and we are extremely excited for the future of Hitman.

Thank you all for your dedication. We will share much, much more in the coming months.
    The Io-Interactive Team

@IOInteractive
    http://hitman.com/open-letter-to-hitman-fans/

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

I'm sure there will be a wall of 'Absolution was shite, can't trust again, feelings hurt, boohoo ' posts after me but i'm excited by the potential of a new Hitman if it fuses parts of Absolution, Contracts and Blood Money and marries it to the added umpph of PC, PS4 and BONE then we could have a fun sandbox of murder.

And while not the best Hitman game, Absolution was quite good in my opinion.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Larrydavidsavatar View Post
    I'm sure there will be a wall of 'Absolution was shite, can't trust again, feelings hurt, boohoo ' posts after me but i'm excited by the potential of a new Hitman if it fuses parts of Absolution, Contracts and Blood Money and marries it to the added umpph of PC, PS4 and BONE then we could have a fun sandbox of murder.

I agree with this I really enjoyed Absolution. And yeah if they combine the storytelling and gameplay of Absolution to the freedom of contracts with Blood Money then it will be great

PRO Member

I really enjoyed Absolution myself. This sounds fantastic. ever since I played Absolution I have been wanting to get back into the role of agent 47.

Sig and Avatar by Jondeere

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

i look forward to this. that reminds me, i have to finish absolution

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Venire, Videre, Vince

A good read, and the Hitman HD Trilogy is a steal right now!

Good info!

O_o

Absolutely agreed. It wasn't quite in the same vain, but it was one hell of a stealth game.

I can't wait to see what comes up next, and if it'll actually be a return to the open-ended spirit of the old game design.

PRO Member

I was happy with the direction of Absolution and I hope they stick with that same formula. Maybe make it a little harder but all in all same setup. I think people fall in love with more the idea of the old hitman games rather than the actual gameplay. Absolution was leaps and bounds better in my opinion. Old school games were great yes, but flawed in many ways. I played HD collection back to back and was not quite as good ad I remembered them being. Lol
    Sig by Alison//Avatar by kid420247//PPS BAR by RaveNScythE18

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

Absolution is shite.

Happy to read about the open levels. There were far too many sections in Absolution that were completely pointless

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

Lvl 8 - Gold

Excellent. I didn't enjoy Absolution as much as other Hitman games, but if there's a development studio that listens to fan feedback it's IO.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I haven't played any of the Hitman games yet, but this is definitely a PS4 title I'm looking forward to experiencing eventually.

(I have both Hitman HD Trilogy and Hitman Absolution on my wish list, just need to save up enough money)

PRO Member

Well I never really played the first Hitman games, so I didn't have anything to base my expectations on; accordingly I really enjoyed Absolution, thought it had a really good story to it.

INTJ

i can't trust the hitman team anymore.

absolution was a piece of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardas View Post
    Well I never really played the first Hitman games, so I didn't have anything to base my expectations on; accordingly I really enjoyed Absolution, thought it had a really good story to it.
    go play blood money. thats the last real hitman game.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

absolution wasn't bad but cant wait for new title more cut throat by the sounds of it

Lvl 2 - Bronze

My absolution was the first 47 agent title to play. found it kinda, cool but as per to most of the reviewer and most of the people who have played the previous installments, i think it missed a lot of elements which i hope they will consider it in their current 47 project.
    the quality of IP really depends on the duration of development and the quantity of resources they putting on. hope that most of the next gen game will really focus on quality rather than the quantity.
    in my opinion.

Decent Graphics
    Good Story
    Reply Value

is only thing i really love about a game.

Gotham's Reckoning

All in all I thought Absolution was alright but as a veteran of the earlier Hitman games, I hated the changes they made to it like replacing a full map with a mini radar, the covering your face when walking past an enemy was stupid enough but to add a gauge that limited it was completely daft, getting rid of Jesper Kyd as composer was a shit move too but worst of all was the cover system which turned it from a stealth game into a third person shooter. On the plus side though the challenges were a good feature and extended the replay value of it which is something the Hitman games lacked in the past. If they just make a Hitman game that had all that was good of Blood Money and the earlier games overall like the map plus the challenges from Absolution and bring back Kyd as composer then you'll have the best Hitman game ever IMO.

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18

Lvl 7 - Gold

as soon as I finished absolution I wanted to play another game. and now my dream will come true