Capture Card for PS4

This is a discussion on Capture Card for PS4 within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; So I know when the PS4 was first announced, it was said the PS4 wouldn't support third party capturing devices ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Capture Card for PS4

So I know when the PS4 was first announced, it was said the PS4 wouldn't support third party capturing devices such as PVRs and the Elgato device due to HDCP. Recently while browsing the web I found a rumor that an upcoming update would reverse what they (Sony) said about the matter. This kind of got me a little excited as I've always wanted to record gameplay but never had the money to afford a device capable of doing such until recently. I sat on my laptop for a good hour or so one night trying to find confirmation and more general information about it but didn't find much else past the rumor.
    I recently got my PS4 and I'm familiar with the whole share feature, but I'm one of the people who likes to polish and spice up whatever they put out there for the world to see so a capture card would obviously be my best route. I was wondering if anyone knows something I don't, or at least knows where to look that I wasn't able to find on the web.

Any help would be great, thanks.
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" -Epicurus.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

★ Extra Astronomical ★

Here's an article that says Sony will be patching it after launch: PS4 HDMI recording won't be ready at launch, Sony admits | Expert Reviews

Sony has admitted that the although the Playstation 4 will allow users to record gameplay footage from its HDMI output, the functionality will not be available when the console launches in November.
    Sony's announcement that the HDCP restriction on the PS4's HDMI port would be lifted for game content, while still being enforced for video and Blu-ray playback to prevent piracy, was therefore a welcome surprise, but comes with a proviso: it won't be ready by the time the console launches.
    and here's a tweet from Shuhei Yoshida: https://twitter.com/yosp/status/380883525500547073

illegal in 9 countries

This ^

Stick with the Elgato Game Capture HD. There is nothing better.

Lvl 8 - Gold

You can bypass the HDCP by using a device.

A shit ton of streamers that I follow on Twitch use that method to stream PS4.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Pancake Model View Post
    Here's an article that says Sony will be patching it after launch: PS4 HDMI recording won't be ready at launch, Sony admits | Expert Reviews

and here's a tweet from Shuhei Yoshida: https://twitter.com/yosp/status/380883525500547073
    Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    This ^

Stick with the Elgato Game Capture HD. There is nothing better.
    Thanks for the help guys, happy to hear it. And trust me, I had no plans of looking for anything else other than Elgato.
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" -Epicurus.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------