Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

CD Projekt "pretty close" to maxing out PS4/XB1 Hardware

This is a discussion on CD Projekt "pretty close" to maxing out PS4/XB1 Hardware within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Nagflar That's yet to be seen. The game isn't out yet (same as Witcher 3, obviously), so ...

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    That's yet to be seen. The game isn't out yet (same as Witcher 3, obviously), so we can't vouch for either's claim at being the first true next gen game. However, the first next gen game should run at 60FPS and 1080p and be gorgeous all over the place, given that's so far the only selling point the new consoles have: that they can make games look prettier. If Second Son fails to do that (and judging from how the first to Infamous games looked on the PS3, I think it will), then the title is still up in the air and The Witcher 3 can claim it.
    Well the Witcher 2 looks more next gen than Infamous Second Sun and its been out for years, the safe bet is the Witcher 3, it will blow Infamous out the water but not sure if it will manage it on PS4 .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by Creditdue View Post
    Second Son is the first true next gen game, not this.

If you honestly think this looks more " next gen " than the Witcher 3 you are either a fanboy just blindly backing exclusives or stupid ............ probably both .

The Witcher 2 looks better than it lol .............. fanboys gotta love them .

Fight the Future

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    Anyone who thinks they are a "Shit " developer is a clown, I stand by that . The PS4 is an overrated minor upgrade, PC gaming is back and will kill off Sony and MS in the next 5 or so years .
    Anyone who thinks they are a shit developer simply has an opinion, anyone who uses "go back to CoD" as an insult is an idiot.

The PS4 is a pretty significant upgrade from the PS3 and 360 and it being overrated is simply a matter of opinion as well. I have a pretty hard time believing that PC gaming will be killing Sony and Microsoft in the next 5 years though, especially when these latest consoles have been the most successful console launches of all time.

I also find it hilarious you're bringing up the fanboy argument. You are using video of a maxed out PC game and comparing it to a console game that isn't even finished or released yet, that seems like a very un-biased point you're trying to make.

illegal in 9 countries

PC gaming is back and will kill off Sony and MS in the next 5 or so years .
    Dream on sunshine. If anything (and equally as unlikely), smartphones and tablets will kill off the PC and we'll be left with consoles for cheap high-end gaming.

By the way, stop fucking double-posting!

Lvl 8 - Gold

If you honestly think this looks more " next gen " than the Witcher 3 you are either a fanboy just blindly backing exclusives or stupid ............ probably both .

Maybe it's the video, but Witcher 2 doesn't look better than Second Son.

Deathless Destroyer

How about we put it like this: CD Projekt is releasing their new game which is probably going to be really fun and it's going to come with nice-looking trees and grass. I don't care if games look like they came from the year 2000, my favourite game ever so far came out back then, if they're fun and have a lot of replay-value then that's good enough for me, even though those trees and grass don't exactly look nice.

We're lucky video games and computers were even invented, so take advantage of it and have fun with whatever you have and don't start arguing over which game has the best looking trees and grass. Home computers aren't going anywhere or being replaced by anything anytime soon, until such a time that the productivity of them are succeeded by something else at a consumer price point.
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Is it running 1080p @ 60FPS? If not, it's not a true next-gen game according to your own parameters.
    every trailer they released so far has been in 1080p.

so yea probably, unless they actually maxed out the hardware already in which case no.

all i know is that it will run at 60 fps on my computer at full specs while looking better than the console versions. that fits my requirements

Kiwi Defender

Dream on sunshine. If anything (and equally as unlikely), smartphones and tablets will kill off the PC and we'll be left with consoles for cheap high-end gaming.
    That sounds unlikely, too. A more realistic (and less idiotic) approach would be to claim that smartphones and tablets will kill off handhelds, but that's just a matter of when, rather than if.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

PRO Member

I'm noticing that they both look fantastic, that The Witcher 3 has a lot of pop-in with the foliage and that Infamous has better fire effects and more exciting gameplay. Just going off those clips.

Can't deny I really want to explore that forest though :[ looks great.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Anyone who thinks they are a "Shit " developer is a clown, I stand by that . The PS4 is an overrated minor upgrade, PC gaming is back and will kill off Sony and MS in the next 5 or so years .
    So pc gaming that's largely based around a Microsoft made operating system is going to make a comeback, and kill its own company off due to its successes? interesting.

Witcher looks like it will be a good game though looking forward to it.

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    every trailer they released so far has been in 1080p.

so yea probably, unless they actually maxed out the hardware already in which case no.

all i know is that it will run at 60 fps on my computer at full specs while looking better than the console versions. that fits my requirements
    That still doesn't fit the "next-generation console game" parameters. PC games are more than capable of that now and have been for years.

In any case, Witcher 3 looks farking awesome. Second Son looks the stink too.

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

Fuck me.....

I never said it was more next gen than The Witcher 3 (I dont even know what "more next gen" means). And whether or not The Witcher 2 on pc with max settings looks better is irrelevant.

And if you are gonna post a vid of a pc game set on Max post a good one. All I got from that video is that TW2 is good at showcasing various shades of brown. I'm convinced the InFamous vid looks the better of the two

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

Lvl 8 - Gold

And if you are gonna post a vid of a pc game set on Max post a good one. All I got from that video is that TW2 is good at showcasing various shades of brown. I'm convinced the InFamous vid looks the better of the two
    Yeah, I thought the same. Like I said earlier, it's probably a shitty video, but that particular video shows Witcher 2 in a weak spotlight, and I noticed quite a lot of pop-ins in the video.

INTJ

Try again
    ok

too big shot, background is once again very low poly, on the right side there's a smokestack without the stack part:
    http://i.imgur.com/6Pcxto7.jpg

shot with N64-Esque Fog Frame saving technique, Stretched concrete textures, and low res light maps:
    http://i.imgur.com/tdvPMbs.jpg

The wall texture:
    http://i.imgur.com/r9imGro.jpg

No explanation needed:
    http://i.imgur.com/GnigCDL.jpg

Lvl 4 - Silver

Never played any Witcher games but I'm definitely gonna play this. Hell I never played Diablo games and I play the shit outta Diablo 3.

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

ok

too big shot, background is once again very low poly, on the right side there's a smokestack without the stack part:

shot with N64-Esque Fog Frame saving technique, Stretched concrete textures, and low res light maps:

The wall texture:

No explanation needed:
    She's done me I think. they do look rather bad

I'm gonna hold out and hope these aren't indicative of the final product. And I'm still sticking by what I say that this is the first real next gen/current gen game

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

illegal in 9 countries

She's done me I think. they do look rather bad
    Dig deep enough and you'll find nits to pick. Ooh, look...dick forest -

PRO Member

ok

The wall texture:

No explanation needed:
    The game still looks great to me. I don't think I'd really notice most of those flaws on a regular playthrough personally.

BTW what's the 'now' image from? And are there any good websites that track all currently released trailers and stuff for games?

Rangers F.C

By the way, stop fucking double-posting!
    I think there are a number of reasons console gaming is getting old news, the technology moves at a snails pace and with Steam and others releasing rivals soon enough this will highlight it even more . The price of games 55 that remains that high for a long time on the stores, plus the now standard subscription plus even games charging subscriptions to play online . Steam is a much better service all round than PSN or XBL, the sales alone pay for the extra price a PC costs ............................... and the number one point, console gaming offers the same old tripe over and over and brings fuck all new to the table, most games getting made again and again are getting worse not better .

Call of Duty
    Black ops
    Saints Row
    Uncharted 1-2-3 ??????? 4 on its way
    Killzone over and over
    God of War over and over
    Fifa ............ Hmm ?
    Infamous again ?
    Assassins Creed each year ?
    Resident Evil .................. an action game now and going for number 7
    Final Fantasy .......... enough said
    Devil Mat Cry not been good since the first one
    Metal Gear Solid ?
    Plus millions of so called HD collections

Console gamers are a bunch of little brats who have very low standards . I was not talking about actual sales figure but the actual gaming, PC is fresher and offers way more " exclusives " than Sony or MS . It is also just as easy as console now, with Steam its as easy as plug and play, Nvidia also keeps you up to date with all drivers for graphics and sound .
    Consoles also remove your ability to play your old games, with intent to SELL YOU THEM AGAIN at a later date, I was playing Max Payne the other day n Steam ................ its like 10 years old .
    All the ground breaking new features on PS4 ................ very old news on PC, they also will work with any of the old accessories you bought, will play 3D, CD, Blu-ray and any ............ yes any other media .

The only thing you can say about PC is price, a mid to high end PC will last a good 5 years and will save you much money on games, also console break a hell of a lot . Last gen 2x 360 4x PS3 in that time 1 PC and it still works . This generation, spent a few quid on a PC that laughs at the consoles and will outlast them again . If you can see the big picture get a PC and if you cant waste money on a so called cheap ............ yeah thats a laugh calling it cheap console .

200-300 bucks alone to pay for PSN over its lifetime lol put that towards PC and get on Steam, its free .

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by Waystedyou View Post
    So pc gaming that's largely based around a Microsoft made operating system is going to make a comeback, and kill its own company off due to its successes? interesting.

Witcher looks like it will be a good game though looking forward to it.
    Windows is on its way out, I cant wait till its gone its held PC gaming back for years . So to answer your question no .

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast