Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 95

CD Projekt "pretty close" to maxing out PS4/XB1 Hardware

This is a discussion on CD Projekt "pretty close" to maxing out PS4/XB1 Hardware within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE Windows is on its way out, I cant wait till its gone. There's an alternative to ...

  1. #41
    PRO Member
    Outstandind's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    730
    Reputation
    24

    Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    Windows is on its way out, I cant wait till its gone.
    There's an alternative to windows?

  2. #42
    Rangers F.C
    UNCLEPAULIE's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,856
    Reputation
    109

    Quote Originally Posted by Outstandind View Post
    There's an alternative to windows?
    Not yet but soon .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

    I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

    To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge


  3. #43
    Fight the Future
    Parker's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The Wind Squid Pub
    Posts
    836
    Reputation
    64

    Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    Console gamers are a bunch of little brats who have very low standards .
    And with that you lost every single shred of credibility you had, of course no one ever thought you were credible anyways so I don't suppose that is a big deal.



  4. #44
    illegal in 9 countries


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ōsutoraria
    Posts
    3,822
    Reputation
    594

    Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    I think there are a number of reasons console gaming is getting old news, the technology moves at a snails pace and with Steam and others releasing rivals soon enough this will highlight it even more . The price of games 55 that remains that high for a long time on the stores, plus the now standard subscription plus even games charging subscriptions to play online . Steam is a much better service all round than PSN or XBL, the sales alone pay for the extra price a PC costs ............................... and the number one point, console gaming offers the same old tripe over and over and brings fuck all new to the table, most games getting made again and again are getting worse not better .
    Gaming will never be consolidated onto the one medium - there will always be a place for consoles, just as there will always be a place for desktop PCs.

    I've gone the opposite direction to you and have moved from PC to console because of the constant dickaround with legacy games (which continues to be a big problem regardless of Steam) the circle-jerk of OS and hardware compatibility (regardless of the frequency of driver updates, legacy OS and driver support is a problem as are DirectX upgrades), instantly out-dated expensive PC gaming-grade hardware (meaning you can't upgrade your 3 year old PC), a better achievement system (trophies on PS rock) and true plug-and-play (pop a disc in, it works 100% of the time).

    To say PC will kill off consoles is completely baseless - the PC market has receded heavily due to tablets and smartphones with 2013 being the worst year in over 2 decades for PC sales, whereas both PS4 and XB1 are breaking console launch records. Valve's move into the cheaper console market has me far more excited about PC gaming than the thought of laying down another couple of grand to upgrade my barely used 4 year old PC, and I dare say millions will follow.

    OS X slays Windoze for productivity with rock-solid reliability, security and longevity, so Mac + PS3/PS4 means there's simply no room in my life for a space-consuming, power-hogging, memory-leaking, multi-thousand dollar brick you call a gaming PC. Cram that expensive componentry into a small form factor, drop the price, dump Windows and call it a Steam Machine and I'll eat that shit up, but it will only exist to plug the gaps for the must-have PC exclusives that I can't get on PS. To enable legacy support for my Steam library, i'll dual-boot SteamOS with Windows for the best of both worlds.

    Quote Originally Posted by Outstandind View Post
    There's an alternative to windows?
    OS X for productivity, SteamOS for gaming. Both are Unix-based OS cores with improved performance over their Windows counterparts.

  5. #45
    Get bent...
    Twitch's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    959
    Reputation
    80

    Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    I think there are a number of reasons console gaming is getting old news, the technology moves at a snails pace and with Steam and others releasing rivals soon enough this will highlight it even more . The price of games 55 that remains that high for a long time on the stores, plus the now standard subscription plus even games charging subscriptions to play online . Steam is a much better service all round than PSN or XBL, the sales alone pay for the extra price a PC costs ............................... and the number one point, console gaming offers the same old tripe over and over and brings fuck all new to the table, most games getting made again and again are getting worse not better .

    Call of Duty
    Black ops
    Saints Row
    Uncharted 1-2-3 ??????? 4 on its way
    Killzone over and over
    God of War over and over
    Fifa ............ Hmm ?
    Infamous again ?
    Assassins Creed each year ?
    Resident Evil .................. an action game now and going for number 7
    Final Fantasy .......... enough said
    Devil Mat Cry not been good since the first one
    Metal Gear Solid ?
    Plus millions of so called HD collections

    Console gamers are a bunch of little brats who have very low standards . I was not talking about actual sales figure but the actual gaming, PC is fresher and offers way more " exclusives " than Sony or MS . It is also just as easy as console now, with Steam its as easy as plug and play, Nvidia also keeps you up to date with all drivers for graphics and sound .
    Consoles also remove your ability to play your old games, with intent to SELL YOU THEM AGAIN at a later date, I was playing Max Payne the other day n Steam ................ its like 10 years old .
    All the ground breaking new features on PS4 ................ very old news on PC, they also will work with any of the old accessories you bought, will play 3D, CD, Blu-ray and any ............ yes any other media .

    The only thing you can say about PC is price, a mid to high end PC will last a good 5 years and will save you much money on games, also console break a hell of a lot . Last gen 2x 360 4x PS3 in that time 1 PC and it still works . This generation, spent a few quid on a PC that laughs at the consoles and will outlast them again . If you can see the big picture get a PC and if you cant waste money on a so called cheap ............ yeah thats a laugh calling it cheap console .

    200-300 bucks alone to pay for PSN over its lifetime lol put that towards PC and get on Steam, its free .
    blah blah blah blah pc iz betterz then consolez blah blah blah blah


    Why the fuck are you even here then?
    What happens to CoD players when they try to play Dark Souls...

    Formerly known as Tyrion619

  6. #46
    Rangers F.C
    UNCLEPAULIE's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,856
    Reputation
    109

    Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Gaming will never be consolidated onto the one medium - there will always be a place for consoles, just as there will always be a place for desktop PCs.

    I've gone the opposite direction to you and have moved from PC to console because of the constant dickaround with legacy games (which continues to be a big problem regardless of Steam) the circle-jerk of OS and hardware compatibility (regardless of the frequency of driver updates, legacy OS and driver support is a problem as are DirectX upgrades), instantly out-dated expensive PC gaming-grade hardware (meaning you can't upgrade your 3 year old PC), a better achievement system (trophies on PS rock) and true plug-and-play (pop a disc in, it works 100% of the time).

    To say PC will kill off consoles is completely baseless - the PC market has receded heavily due to tablets and smartphones with 2013 being the worst year in over 2 decades for PC sales, whereas both PS4 and XB1 are breaking console launch records. Valve's move into the cheaper console market has me far more excited about PC gaming than the thought of laying down another couple of grand to upgrade my barely used 4 year old PC, and I dare say millions will follow.

    OS X slays Windoze for productivity with rock-solid reliability, security and longevity, so Mac + PS3/PS4 means there's simply no room in my life for a space-consuming, power-hogging, memory-leaking, multi-thousand dollar brick you call a gaming PC. Cram that expensive componentry into a small form factor, drop the price, dump Windows and call it a Steam Machine and I'll eat that shit up, but it will only exist to plug the gaps for the must-have PC exclusives that I can't get on PS. To enable legacy support for my Steam library, i'll dual-boot SteamOS with Windows for the best of both worlds.


    OS X for productivity, SteamOS for gaming. Both are Unix-based OS cores with improved performance over their Windows counterparts.
    Valid points, I already retracted my post it will kill them off, I don't agree about the lifespan of PC though, you can still run all the games just not at maximum spec, plus PC are easier than ever to install and buy upgrades for .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

    I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

    To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge


  7. #47
    Rangers F.C
    UNCLEPAULIE's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,856
    Reputation
    109

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion619 View Post
    blah blah blah blah pc iz betterz then consolez blah blah blah blah


    Why the fuck are you even here then?
    Because I game across all platforms and fanboys like you cant handle Sony and MS battle for second place .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

    I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

    To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge


  8. #48
    illegal in 9 countries


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ōsutoraria
    Posts
    3,822
    Reputation
    594

    Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    Valid points, I already retracted my post it will kill them off, I don't agree about the lifespan of PC though, you can still run all the games just not at maximum spec, plus PC are easier than ever to install and buy upgrades for .
    The PC hardware and software industries are geared to ensuring that you WILL need to buy a new PC every 3 or 4 years.

    I/O ports, CPU ports, bus speeds, RAM speeds etc are all manipulated to minimise the lifespan of your brand new, already outdated PC. Every version of Windows brings a new release of DirectX which your older PC will not support, hence those shiny new PC games won't run unless you upgrade or replace your hardware.

    Will you be playing the latest and greatest PC games in 5 years on your 2013 PC? Fuck no.
    Will I be playing the latest and greatest PS4 games in 5 years on my 2013 PS4? Fuck yes.

    To state otherwise is a work of pure fiction.

  9. #49
    INTJ
    Ps360's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,268
    Reputation
    310

    Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Will you be playing the latest and greatest PC games in 5 years on your 2013 PC? Fuck no.
    Will I be playing the latest and greatest PS4 games in 5 years on my 2013 PS4? Fuck yes.
    of course you will be playing ps4 games on your ps4.

    the ps5 will already be out by then if sony/microsoft learned their lesson about over-extending the console lifespan

  10. #50
    Get bent...
    Twitch's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    959
    Reputation
    80

    Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    Because I game across all platforms and fanboys like you cant handle Sony and MS battle for second place .
    What makes you assume I'm a fanboy?

    I game across all systems as well, including that dust-covered paperweight known as the Wii U.

    Try again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    of course you will be playing ps4 games on your ps4.

    the ps5 will already be out by then if sony/microsoft learned their lesson about over-extending the console lifespan
    If they learned anything, they should extend the console life-span. Not shorten it.

    Thank god you're not in charge of these things. All consoles would be doomed except for Nintendont.
    What happens to CoD players when they try to play Dark Souls...

    Formerly known as Tyrion619

  11. #51
    Rangers F.C
    UNCLEPAULIE's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,856
    Reputation
    109

    Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    The PC hardware and software industries are geared to ensuring that you WILL need to buy a new PC every 3 or 4 years. I/O ports, CPU ports, bus speeds, RAM speeds are all manipulated to minimise the lifespan of your brand new, already outdated PC.

    Not to mention every version of Windows brings a new version of DirectX which your older PC will not support, hence those shiny new PC games won't run unless you upgrade or replace your hardware.

    Will you be playing the latest and greatest PC games in 5 years on your 2013 PC? Fuck no.
    Will I be playing the latest and greatest PS4 games in 5 years on my 2013 PS4? Fuck yes.

    To state otherwise is a work of pure fiction.
    If I am totally honest, five years sound about time to upgrade anyway . I would be happy if I got 2-3 running on highest settings, I really like buying new tech, I am not rich but save up for it . I like new TV.s and new shit to game on . I hated the length of time that the PS3 was out, thats the reason for the switch and to going back and playing some of my favourites again on max settings is awesome and really shows how poor the PS3 was in terms of power . Also love games that get mods, Skyrim is just one example and it is insane how much better it can be on PC you can change it all, plus its a one click process to install mods on Steam .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

    I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

    To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge


  12. #52
    Lvl 3 - Bronze
    Dreakon's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    127
    Reputation
    5

    The Witcher 3 looks fantastic... if only The Witcher 2 didn't bug the piss out of me.

  13. #53
    Rangers F.C
    UNCLEPAULIE's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,856
    Reputation
    109

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion619 View Post
    If they learned anything, they should extend the console life-span. Not shorten it.
    Yes cause the whole world loves loading screens, thats all you would gain by extending it any more you mad man .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

    I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

    To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge


  14. #54
    illegal in 9 countries


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ōsutoraria
    Posts
    3,822
    Reputation
    594

    Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    If I am totally honest, five years sound about time to upgrade anyway . I would be happy if I got 2-3 running on highest settings, I really like buying new tech, I am not rich but save up for it . I like new TV.s and new shit to game on . I hated the length of time that the PS3 was out, thats the reason for the switch and to going back and playing some of my favourites again on max settings is awesome and really shows how poor the PS3 was in terms of power .
    There's no disputing that PCs piss all over consoles in terms of raw grunt - they always have and that's why I was solely a PC gamer until the last generation. But the gap closed significantly and consoles were finally "near enough is good enough" to PC for me to make the switch and the next-generation has closed the gap even further.

    You don't miss what you don't know and I care more about gameplay than slightly improved texture resolution that makes little to no difference on my preferred 24" desktop display, so I'm more than happy to stick with the console version knowing that it's visually inferior to its PC cousin.

    Besides, games are now disposable - you get in, play your 20-100 hours, pop your cheevos and move on, never to touch it again. So a better-looking, never-played PC version means nothing to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    of course you will be playing ps4 games on your ps4.

    the ps5 will already be out by then if sony/microsoft learned their lesson about over-extending the console lifespan
    And I'll happily buy it, safe in the knowledge that I've just saved myself several thousand dollars by not buying a bleeding-edge PC that no longer runs the latest games.

    I can afford to buy a new PC any time I want, so cost is largely irrelevant. It's the time-savings of console gaming that I appreciate the most.

    There is zero dicking around to get a console game to work because a PS3 is a PS3 is a PS3...they all have the same components, whereas I wasted more time getting games to play friendly with my unique gaming rig setup than I ended up playing! That's why I game on consoles these days - I'm getting too old for that shit.

  15. #55
    INTJ
    Ps360's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,268
    Reputation
    310

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion619 View Post

    If they learned anything, they should extend the console life-span. Not shorten it.

    Thank god you're not in charge of these things. All consoles would be doomed except for Nintendont.

    there is a reason the PS2/Xbox/Gamecube gen was kept to 3-4 years

  16. #56
    Lvl 8 - Gold


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Away from civilization
    Posts
    931
    Reputation
    33

    Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    there is a reason the PS2/Xbox/Gamecube gen was kept to 3-4 years
    Uh, PS2 was 6-7 years, Gamecube was 5-6 years, the only one that was 4 years was Xbox, and they continued to make original Xbox games regularly for another year.

  17. #57
    Rangers F.C
    UNCLEPAULIE's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,856
    Reputation
    109

    Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    There's no disputing that PCs piss all over consoles in terms of raw grunt - they always have and that's why I was solely a PC gamer until the last generation. But the gap closed significantly and consoles were finally "near enough is good enough" to PC for me to make the switch and the next-generation has closed the gap even further.

    You don't miss what you don't know and I care more about gameplay than slightly improved texture resolution that makes little to no difference on my preferred 24" desktop display, so I'm more than happy to stick with the console version knowing that it's visually inferior to its PC cousin.

    Besides, games are now disposable - you get in, play your 20-100 hours, pop your cheevos and move on, never to touch it again. So a better-looking, never-played PC version means nothing to me.


    And I'll happily buy it, safe in the knowledge that I've just saved myself several thousand dollars by not buying a bleeding-edge PC that no longer runs the latest games.
    I expect games to actually perform better on PC now more than ever because the consoles are so similar, with any luck this generation should kill off bad ports .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

    I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

    To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge


  18. #58
    Get bent...
    Twitch's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    959
    Reputation
    80

    Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    there is a reason the PS2/Xbox/Gamecube gen was kept to 3-4 years
    Since you know everything, enlighten me as to the 'reason' that generation was kept to 3-4 years as you say.

    In doing so, please refrain from using sources that are not reputable in any fashion (ie. ALL sources that you tend to use).
    What happens to CoD players when they try to play Dark Souls...

    Formerly known as Tyrion619

  19. #59
    illegal in 9 countries


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ōsutoraria
    Posts
    3,822
    Reputation
    594

    Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    there is a reason the PS2/Xbox/Gamecube gen was kept to 3-4 years
    Can you count?

    PS2 was 6 years.

    Gamecube was 5 years and sales failed badly compared with the PS2 and Xbox, so Nintendo replaced it with the underwhelming yet highly successful Wii casual gaming machine...Worst. Console. Ever.

    Xbox was 4 years because it came late to the game and needed to upgrade to compete with the PS3.

  20. #60
    Get bent...
    Twitch's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    959
    Reputation
    80

    Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Can you count?

    PS2 was 6 years.

    Gamecube was 5 years.

    Xbox was 4 years because it came late to the game and needed to upgrade to compete with the PS3.
    Yeah. I'm waiting for her/it to post up some sources as to how he/she came up with the 3-4 years thing.

    He/it won't be able to, I'm sure.
    What happens to CoD players when they try to play Dark Souls...

    Formerly known as Tyrion619

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:28 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO