Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

CD Projekt "pretty close" to maxing out PS4/XB1 Hardware

This is a discussion on CD Projekt "pretty close" to maxing out PS4/XB1 Hardware within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s Can you count? PS2 was 6 years. Gamecube was 5 years and sales failed badly compared ...

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Can you count?

PS2 was 6 years.

Gamecube was 5 years and sales failed badly compared with the PS2 and Xbox, so Nintendo replaced it with the underwhelming yet highly successful Wii casual gaming machine...Worst. Console. Ever.

Xbox was 4 years because it came late to the game and needed to upgrade to compete with the PS3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion619 View Post
    Since you know everything, enlighten me as to the 'reason' that generation was kept to 3-4 years as you say.

In doing so, please refrain from using sources that are not reputable in any fashion (ie. ALL sources that you tend to use).
    Yeah. I'm waiting for her/it to post up some sources as to how he/she came up with the 3-4 years thing.

He/it won't be able to, I'm sure.

Nice to see I'm not the only one that saw the epic fail in this. Yeah, so I got covered in fiberglass insulation today and had to wear it for 6 hours, but hey, this kinda made up for it.

Get bent...

Quote Originally Posted by mikesorrell View Post
    Nice to see I'm not the only one that saw the epic fail in this. Yeah, so I got covered in fiberglass insulation today and had to wear it for 6 hours, but hey, this kinda made up for it.
    That sucks.

Don't fucking scratch it when it itches. Lol.
    What happens to CoD players when they try to play Dark Souls...

Formerly known as Tyrion619

INTJ

Xbox was 4 years because it came late to the game and needed to upgrade to compete with the PS3.
    i was mainly a xbox/GC player so this is why i thought it was 4 years max.

only played my ps2 for gran turismo/Test Drive/GTA games (and the one time i rented MGS2) and got that like a year or two after my xbox so

Lvl 8 - Gold

That sucks.

Don't fucking scratch it when it itches. Lol.
    Thanks. I've grown used to it lol. Comes with being in construction for 15 years, I guess.

Get bent...

Quote Originally Posted by mikesorrell View Post
    Thanks. I've grown used to it lol. Comes with being in construction for 15 years, I guess.
    I did construction for a while, but mostly framing. Only dealt with fiberglass insulation once. Did not enjoy it at all.
    What happens to CoD players when they try to play Dark Souls...

Formerly known as Tyrion619

Lord of all Goat-Men

Watch this, and if you still think InFamous: Second Son doesn't look fantastic, then you can just fuck right off.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Watch this, and if you still think InFamous: Second Son doesn't look fantastic, then you can just fuck right off.

Nah, it sucks. How about you fuck right off instead :stare:?

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post

the secret of "next gen": puddles, proper reflections, and shiny textures with proper bumpmaps

(except F.E.A.R and crysis 1 already had that but shhh)

also i have been to seattle twice, both for a week, no rain ever. All i remember is cool old-ish buildings near the sea, the gum wall, Watching kojima unveil ground zeroes in person (which looks better gameplay-wise because the AI isn't shit like 99% of modern games), and great food (there's a place near a hotel i stayed at that closes at 2pm. sells meatloaf sandwiches for like 3-5$ a sandwich which tastes godlike)

Threat

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    also i have been to seattle twice, both for a week, no rain ever. All i remember is cool old-ish buildings near the sea, the gum wall, Watching kojima unveil ground zeroes in person (which looks better gameplay-wise because the AI isn't shit like 99% of modern games), and great food (there's a place near a hotel i stayed at that closes at 2pm. sells meatloaf sandwiches for like 3-5$ a sandwich which tastes godlike)
    valid point, youv won me over, game sux
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by AlecDawesome View Post
    valid point, youv won me over, game sux
    the game probably won't suck, it's just not true next gen in my eyes.

illegal in 9 countries

You have a sum total of two seconds experience yet somehow you're more of an expert on the subject that those who live, breathe and shit it day in, day out...

I've said it before and I'll say it again - when you play more than the intro credits of a game, I'll take your opinion seriously. Armchair expertise does not a truth make.

INTJ

You have a sum total of two seconds experience yet somehow you're more of an expert on the subject that those who live, breathe and shit it day in, day out...
    they were talking about international stereotypes of seattle, not actual seattle.

Florida fits that more than seattle. it rains forever, even when it's sunny it rains.

Threat

they were talking about international stereotypes of seattle, not actual seattle.

Florida fits that more than seattle. it rains forever, even when it's sunny it rains.
    And the international stereotype of Seattle is that it rains a lot... Rain is the word that came to my mind as soon as he mentioned Seattle.
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by AlecDawesome View Post
    And the international stereotype of Seattle is that it rains a lot... Rain is the word that came to my mind as soon as he mentioned Seattle.
    the space needle is the first thing that always comes to mind for me in seattle.

Followed by valve software (which is actually outside seattle, in bellveue), Uber Entertianment, Dota 2 International, PAX Prime, etc.

weather is like 9-10th thing on my list of things that i think of seattle.

Lvl 8 - Gold

I did construction for a while, but mostly framing. Only dealt with fiberglass insulation once. Did not enjoy it at all.
    I've been a plumber for 10 years, and before that I did it all, so I've got lots of time dealing with fiberglass. Don't get me wrong, I still hate the donkey fuck out of dealing with it, but I've learned to tolerate it.

illegal in 9 countries

When I think of Florida, it's Cuban refugees, old lobster-men, Michael Mouse, serial killers, flesh-eating zombie-wannabes, alligators and the hillbilly swamp-folk that molest them.

Rain...nah, that's more of a Seattle thing. If there's no puddles or fog to be seen, I guess there'll be no next-gen games coming out of Florida.

INTJ

Rain...nah, that's more of a Seattle thing. If there's no puddles or fog to be seen, I guess there'll be no next-gen games coming out of Florida.
    florida's only great cultural exports is lynyrd skynyrd and disney so yea.

Kiwi Defender

When I think of Florida, it's Cuban refugees, old lobster-men, Michael Mouse, serial killers, flesh-eating zombie-wannabes, alligators and the hillbilly swamp-folk that molest them.

When I think Australia I think kangaroos, koala bears, abos and a bunch of English outcasts that were too dangerous to keep in the United Kingdom (not to mention they could hardly speak the english language). How far away am I from the truth ?

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Game Review Team

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    When I think Australia I think kangaroos, koala bears, abos and a bunch of English outcasts that were too dangerous to keep in the United Kingdom (not to mention they could hardly speak the english language). How far away am I from the truth ?
    When I think about Australia I think about toilets flushing the wrong direction and high phone bills.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    you forgot the deadly creatures that god made to punish those that live there

i seriously wonder how half those animals haven't un-naturally migrated yet.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast