Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

CD Projekt "pretty close" to maxing out PS4/XB1 Hardware

This is a discussion on CD Projekt "pretty close" to maxing out PS4/XB1 Hardware within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; The Witcher 3 Developer: ‚€œFairly Close‚€Ě to Maxing PS4 and Xbox One; PC Gamers Should Save for an Upgrade | ...

INTJ

CD Projekt "pretty close" to maxing out PS4/XB1 Hardware

The Witcher 3 Developer: ‚€œFairly Close‚€Ě to Maxing PS4 and Xbox One; PC Gamers Should Save for an Upgrade | DualShockers

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is one of the most anticipated RPG of the foreseeable future both on PC and on next generation consoles, and CD Projekt RED’s Co-Founder Marcin Iwinski is pretty confident in the ability of his studio to deliver fantastic graphics. According to Iwinski the game is close to using up the capability of the PS4 and Xbox One while pushing PCs to their limits, as he told IGN in an interview:

First of all, he commented about development on PS4 and Xbox One and on how the studio has acquired enough experience to achieve great results on the new consoles:

It is extremely manageable. There is a lot of power in these machines, and I don’t want to say we’re using them to their capacity, but we’re fairly close to doing so. We made a decision to go next-gen roughly two and a half years ago, so we’ve spent a lot of time with these machines, and it’s been a great experience across all three platforms. On the old platforms, namely the Xbox 360 and PS3, we probably would have had to sacrifice nearly half of our vision
    After that, he teased what kind of PC we’ll need to run the game effectively:
    (Laughs) We’ll be releasing that information soon, but you can already start saving up for an upgrade.

Personally, I already know I’ll be playing the game on PC, so I should probably start filling that piggy bank. Maybe I should ask for a raise…

The first true next gen game is near, and it's name is Witcher 3.

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    The first true next gen game is near, and it's name is InFamous: Second Son

Yeah it's gonna be great

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

Kiwi Defender

That's great to hear. Seeing how they've mostly stuck to PC (excluding the port of 2 for the 360), I'm rather surprised and glad to know they're doing their best to make the game be worth every penny, as well giving us an actual excuse to buy a next-gen console.

Quote Originally Posted by Creditdue View Post
    Yeah it's gonna be great
    One can always dream lol.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

INTJ

Yeah it's gonna be great
    yea check out them graphics (the only reason to buy a next gen console these days since PC can pretty much do anything else a console does)

http://i.imgur.com/USb7wax.jpg

compare to witcher 3

http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2013/...hat-horse1.jpg

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

yea check out them graphics (the only reason to buy a next gen console these days since PC can pretty much do anything else a console does)

http://i.imgur.com/USb7wax.jpg

compare to witcher 3

http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2013/...hat-horse1.jpg
    1) I don't doubt for a second that InFamous will have the outskirts of its world looking nearly as bad as that come final product

2) that witcher pic looks nowt special.

Try again

Lvl 6 - Silver

given as this shit developer promised the first 2 on PS3... they wont get my money for a 3rd one unless they release the first 2

Rangers F.C

I played the first Witcher and loved it but never finished it because my rig sucked . Now I got a decent one I finished it just recently and to be honest its still a great looking game today, plus the fact it is an amazing game . I am now making my way through the Witcher 2 with everything maxed out and it is stunning, the game has evolved and is different in many ways but still manages to keep EVERYTHING that made the first title so amazing . I think CD Projekt are one if not the best developer in the world right now .
    The Witcher games have such attention to detail and the environment they are set in is wonderful, the combat style in both games is first class and the fact its designed for adults is just awesome these days with so many sell outs that try to be all things to all people . You can also get laid ( sweet ) and get laid alot lol . I cant wait to get into 3, I agree with 360, this will be the first true next gen title .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by badreligionbomb View Post
    given as this shit developer promised the first 2 on PS3... they wont get my money for a 3rd one unless they release the first 2
    What a clown, shit developer ........ go back to COD fool

Rangers F.C

1) I don't doubt for a second that InFamous will have the outskirts of its world looking nearly as bad as that come final product

2) that witcher pic looks nowt special.

Try again
    Watch the video and say that, you can't be taken seriously if you think its " nowt Special "

Fight the Future

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    What a clown, shit developer ........ go back to COD fool
    So you try to discredit someone else by making yourself look like an idiot? Not the smartest move...

Developers always claim they max out a system but I guarantee you we'll see games that look much better than The Witcher later in the PS4's lifetime. If I recall correctly, Naughty Dog claimed they maxed the PS3 with the original Uncharted (or maybe it was Uncharted 2) and we all know that wasn't the case. As more and more developers get used to the system we'll start seeing better looking games.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by badreligionbomb View Post
    You can also get laid ( sweet ) and get laid alot lol . I cant wait to get into 3, I agree with 360, this will be the first true next gen title .
    I agree with this fist post, not interested in starting a game when I haven't played any of the series. As far a the second post goes, I don't Se me getting a game just because I can get laid in it. Not really a big selling point for me...

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

Watch the video and say that, you can't be taken seriously if you think its " nowt Special "
    I never said whatever vid you're referring to as nothing special. The pic she replied with is nowt special. No doubt that The Witcher 3 looks great, but Second Son is the first true next gen game, not this.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Looking at the video and screenshots, Witcher 3 looks very promising. I've never played any of the Witcher games, as I don't have a gaming rig, nor room for one; all I have is a half-decent laptop with a ~11" screen. Now, although graphics must improve with the new technology, they really are not this major thing that determines exactly how great a game is, and expands the replay value of games. If graphics were, then the original Super Mario Bros., the original Legend of Zelda, the original Ninja Gaiden, the original Castlevanias, etc. would be absolutely shit and no one should go back and play them because there are prettier games out, such as Terminator Salvation, Alpha Protocol, etc.
    Also, for the screenshot for Infamous, although I don't speak or read French, however, my ex-girlfriend does, and according to her, it reads, "We created this effect using a whirling technique". It also looks like it was taken really early on in development.

Kiwi Defender

I never said whatever vid you're referring to as nothing special. The pic she replied with is nowt special. No doubt that The Witcher 3 looks great, but Second Son is the first true next gen game, not this.
    That's yet to be seen. The game isn't out yet (same as Witcher 3, obviously), so we can't vouch for either's claim at being the first true next gen game. However, the first next gen game should run at 60FPS and 1080p and be gorgeous all over the place, given that's so far the only selling point the new consoles have: that they can make games look prettier. If Second Son fails to do that (and judging from how the first to Infamous games looked on the PS3, I think it will), then the title is still up in the air and The Witcher 3 can claim it.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

illegal in 9 countries

The first true next gen game is near, and it's name is Witcher 3.
    Is it running 1080p @ 60FPS? If not, it's not a true next-gen game according to your own parameters.

Lord of all Goat-Men

Quote Originally Posted by James_Page View Post
    So you try to discredit someone else by making yourself look like an idiot? Not the smartest move...

Developers always claim they max out a system but I guarantee you we'll see games that look much better than The Witcher later in the PS4's lifetime. If I recall correctly, Naughty Dog claimed they maxed the PS3 with the original Uncharted (or maybe it was Uncharted 2) and we all know that wasn't the case. As more and more developers get used to the system we'll start seeing better looking games.
    Just FYI, Naughty Dog used about 30% of the PS3's hardware for Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, 90% for Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, and maxed out the PS3 with Uncharted 3. They then optimised their code for The Last of Us.

It's not too hard to believe that developers are already approaching the limits of the PS4 since the internals are so similar to a PC (a platform that CD Projekt are more than familiar with), but it'll be a number of years before they truly max out.

Rangers F.C

I meant if you think the pic is nothing special then watch the video in the OP and if you still feel the same you are nuts . Second Sun ? yeah right .

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by James_Page View Post

Anyone who thinks they are a "Shit " developer is a clown, I stand by that . The PS4 is an overrated minor upgrade, PC gaming is back and will kill off Sony and MS in the next 5 or so years .

Sorry should not have said kill off, its just a better platform for gaming is all, there will always be way more tards playing COD on consoles .
    Last edited by UNCLEPAULIE; 01-26-2014 at 09:19 AM.

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by HaVoK_1804 View Post
    I agree with this fist post, not interested in starting a game when I haven't played any of the series. As far a the second post goes, I don't Se me getting a game just because I can get laid in it. Not really a big selling point for me...
    Who said it was a selling point ? its just unusual in a game .

100% Grizzly

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Is it running 1080p @ 60FPS? If not, it's not a true next-gen game according to your own parameters.
    It most likely will.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast