PS4 digital download sharing

This is a discussion on PS4 digital download sharing within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; So last gen my brother and I would take turns buying games digitally. We each had our account on each ...

Lvl 4 - Silver

PS4 digital download sharing

So last gen my brother and I would take turns buying games digitally. We each had our account on each others ps3. We had no issues playing games with this method. Now we both have the ps4 thinking we could do the same. Today my brother purchased the Lego Movie game. He downloaded it on his ps4. Later he logged onto my ps4 and downloaded it to my system. Problem is that it's locked on my system. My user can't play it. Anyone know what the deal is. I thought it would be just like the ps3.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Unfortunately not. You can only play the game you've bought on that console that you have set as "primary" console :-(

Legalize it...

You have to make your acct the primary on his PS4 and his acct the primary on your PS4. Youll be able to share, but youll lose certain features like remote play...

Lvl 4 - Silver

I really wished they keep it like the ps3. So much easier. I remember when you could have five active accounts on ps3. Then they dropped it to 2. It looks like ps4 is 1. Looks like I'm not gonna buy a second ps4 for my bedroom.

Legalize it...

Yeah they really need to switch it back...

Lvl 7 - Gold

yeah, i hate it too, but this site also doesn't like dicussions on game-sharing....

a solution might be to buy retail versions of the games and take turns

Get bent...

Quote Originally Posted by seether98 View Post
    I really wished they keep it like the ps3. So much easier. I remember when you could have five active accounts on ps3. Then they dropped it to 2. It looks like ps4 is 1. Looks like I'm not gonna buy a second ps4 for my bedroom.
    When did they drop it to 2?

I've had 3 accounts on mine up until last week when I sold my PS3. I had my current account, older account, and my EU account. All worked fine with no problems.
    What happens to CoD players when they try to play Dark Souls...

Formerly known as Tyrion619

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion619 View Post
    When did they drop it to 2?

I've had 3 accounts on mine up until last week when I sold my PS3. I had my current account, older account, and my EU account. All worked fine with no problems.
    He was talking about the amount of systems tied to the same account. It use to be five but a few years ago it was reduced to only two systems to one account. Don't get me wrong you can have your account on as many PS3s as you want but you can only access and use the content that you bought on any two systems at a time.

Lvl 6 - Silver

didn't know this that's why I downloaded a game on an account and it didn't let me play it with the other account