Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is Titanfall a huge loss?

This is a discussion on Is Titanfall a huge loss? within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Just curious what everybody thinks about not being able to play Titanfall (if your PC isn't powerful enough) in a ...

Perfecting since 1996

Is Titanfall a huge loss?

Just curious what everybody thinks about not being able to play Titanfall (if your PC isn't powerful enough) in a few weeks. Is it actually a huge blow to us that it is not coming to PlayStation consoles?

It is undoubtedly the most hyped up next-gen game yet. I think the only thing that hurts it is that it is on 360 and PC as well, meaning that it may not be a huge system seller for the Xbox One. Regardless I still think the game looks fantastic and its made by the guys that were able to make Call of Duty fun (Modern Warfare & MW2). Especially since there is not really a decent mutliplayer game on the PS4 yet, I see the fact it isn't coming to our side as quite the disappointment. Thoughts?

Sig by Bladia

Labels

One game can't save the XBone, especially because, like you said, it's also on 360 and PC.
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig

"I went from the slums of hell to paradise in heaven, from a sling shot to a wall of Mac 11's"

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by AlecDawesome View Post
    One game can't save the XBone, especially because, like you said, it's also on 360 and PC.
    I am not sure if the XBone needs saving,it seems to be selling rather well,i would not say it is a loss for sony,but it is definitely a win for Microsoft.

illegal in 9 countries

Exclusive or not, Titanfall is a system seller for the XB1. Halo and CoD fanboys are going to eat that shit up.

I can't say the same for any upcoming PS4 title, including Infamous Second Son.

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

Lvl 8 - Gold

Titanfall is aimed at the "dudebro" gamer and there are plenty of those on the Xbox. However, I doubt it'll make people wanna switch from PS4 to Xbox One.

PRO Member

It's a great game for the xb1.

If you were expecting the xb1 to have zero good exclusives, I don't know what to tell you :|

Lvl 1 - Bronze

In my opinion, titan fall reminds me a little of kill zone 3. They had mech machines as well. Its just a upgraded version of it.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

For me personally I don't care about the game. I'm not really a fan of online only shooters. As for it being a loss for sony I don't really think so. I doubt it will be as big as it is hyped up for and will probably play best on pc.

Death is Awaiting....

From what I've seen it's a big win.

Sig by Achantion

Lvl 3 - Bronze

We'll I have a PC that should be able to play it but I won't get it. I looks like a awesome game but the fact it is solely a mp game means that I won't get it.

Fight the Future

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Assassin View Post
    Titanfall is aimed at the "dudebro" gamer and there are plenty of those on the Xbox. However, I doubt it'll make people wanna switch from PS4 to Xbox One.
    Really? To me it seems like it is aimed a FPS fans who want to have a damn good time playing a video game. If that makes someone a "dudebro" gamer then I suppose I'm in that category too. Out of curiosity, do you have any experience playing the beta or are you just talking out of your ass?

On topic, I think Titanfall is a pretty big loss for Sony. The game (at least the beta) plays great and is a ton of fun. I don't know of it will be a massive system seller due to the lack of exclusivity but the game itself is definitely going to sell well.

Lvl 4 - Silver

titanfall i dont care for. it probably boost sales on XB1. but it wont make PS FANBOYS switch over to XB1.

Lvl 7 - Gold

I won't be surprised if XB1 surpasses PS4 sales. What is the PS4 offering besides infamous?

Fight the Future

Quote Originally Posted by M40A3 View Post
    I won't be surprised if XB1 surpasses PS4 sales. What is the PS4 offering besides infamous?

Which I must admit is some of the best fun I've had in a long time with a video game. It is stupid and silly but it consistently made me laugh. Not exactly a replacement for Titanfall though...

INTJ

octodad dadliest catch isn't a ps4 exclusive though, i have it on my pc and it even has a map editor and steam workshop intergration so i can download custom maps without any problem.

Titanfall is one of the new favorite FPSes i have, but only because i played the PC version.

the Xbox one version feels too slow while the PC version is just the right speed.

Fight the Future

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    octodad dadliest catch isn't a ps4 exclusive though, i have it on my pc and it even has a map editor and steam workshop intergration so i can download custom maps without any problem.

Titanfall is one of the new favorite FPSes i have, but only because i played the PC version.

the Xbox one version feels too slow while the PC version is just the right speed.
    Titanfall isn't an Xbone exclusive either.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Parker View Post
    Titanfall isn't an Xbone exclusive either.
    To the average gamer it is. You'd be surprised how many people still believe Titanfall is an xbone exclusive. The power of advertisement done right.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Parker View Post
    Really? To me it seems like it is aimed a FPS fans who want to have a damn good time playing a video game. If that makes someone a "dudebro" gamer then I suppose I'm in that category too. Out of curiosity, do you have any experience playing the beta or are you just talking out of your ass?

Titanfall is a multiplayer only, arcade style FPS and as such is aimed at the COD and Halo crowds, as Anti said. You know, the people who only buy a few games a year and they're mostly shooters. That doesn't mean only those people will play it, but that's their main target audience.

And no, I haven't played it, but from the gameplay videos I've seen from the beta, it's nothing special. It might be fun for a while but nothing makes it stand out from the rest of the arcade shooters. They're making it out to be the best thing since sliced bread.

worlds biggest welch fan

Titanfall will help PC, 360 and Xbox juan sales, on FB it has 500,000 plus likes

It's like Brink with with Mechs and players double jump to get kills with jet packs
    If thy Pc friends pick it up, Ill give it a shot on my digital storm that hardly gets used to game on.

At the moment maxing out the abilities on KZ is my main objective after work and on the weekends.

There is a chance PS will get the 2nd TF that comes out. 50/50
    SIG BY ME

FFXIII Plat #35 trophy #5,000 goal reached

illegal in 9 countries

I finally got a chance to boot up the beta on XB1. It looks good, the framerate is smooth, the netcode is clean (no obvious lag) and the gameplay is tight. That's no surprise given the devs at Respawn developed Call of Duty, which has the most responsive controls of any FPS.

Titan mechs are reminiscent of MechWarrior but are far more agile. There's also a nod to District 9 in the way you can catch bullets with your shield and fire them back at the enemy, which is a neat touch.

The Assassin ground troop class has a one-shot, auto-lock, noob pistol, which I appreciated on XB1 given my mouse / keyboard gameplay is 100 x better than gamepad. That's fine if you're playing the class stealthily using Cloak, but don't expect it to hold up in a firefight against machine gunners.

The parkour aspect is lifted straight from Mirror's Edge and Brink, however it didn't really come into play during combat. I imagine as the game matures and players learn the maps more thoroughly that it'll become an effective camping or stealth ambush strategy. But most players will continue to run along the ground waving their dicks in the wind and getting their heads blown off seconds later.

If Titanfall was an XB1 exclusive then I'd probably buy it. But given it's also on PC with native mouse / keyboard support and beefed up graphics, that'd be my platform of choice.

Ultimately, I'm not really into online-only MP games and will probably skip it altogether, but it does look and feel like a fun modern shooter with all requisite bells and whistles. Also, no puddles.

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast