Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition (Free for PS+ members) March 4th

This is a discussion on Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition (Free for PS+ members) March 4th within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; The best-ever version of the smash hit Dead Nation is making its way to PS4 next week on March 4th. ...

Drunken Nights

Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition (Free for PS+ members) March 4th

The best-ever version of the smash hit Dead Nation is making its way to PS4 next week on March 4th. Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition will be available on PlayStation Store for $14.99 and PlayStation Plus members will be able to download it as part of their Instant Game Collection.

Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition is a top-down shoot ‘em up, set in an apocalyptic, zombie-infested world. It comes from the talented developer Housemarque, famous for the Super Stardust series, and more recently the critically acclaimed Resogun.

Dead Nation features a full campaign mode, which can be played solo or co-op (either online or local).

Exclusively available on PS4, Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition features numerous enhancements, making it the best version yet. You can now play in full 1080p HD, with improved textures, rendering, and effects — Dead Nation has never looked better. We also improved the controls, adding in a quick weapon select so your favorite zombie decimator is never out of reach.

The Road to Devastation expansion is now included in the main game, giving you two extra game modes — Arcade and Endless — allowing you to test yourself against ever increasing odds. And with support for the official PlayStation companion app, all you completionists out there now have a second screen to monitor your game stats as you play.

One of the new features in Apocalypse Edition, which you may have spotted in the trailer, is Challenge mode; every time you finish a single level, you can now send your score over to a friend to try and beat. When playing a challenge you can see the avatar of the player who set the challenge, allowing you to race against them or scope out their high-scoring route. What’s that I hear you say? “What if your friends are no match for your zombie decapitating skills?” Well, how about you take on the challenge of any leaderboard entry, for any single level, made by any player?

My favorite new feature is Broadcast+ mode. In this mode, you can stream your game to the masses interactively, and your viewers can influence the difficulty of your game. Periodically all your viewers, whether they be on PS4 or a web browser, have the option to vote between a positive and negative effect that occurs in your game. There are a total of 30 different voting effects that can occur, ranging from spawning zombie packs to giving the player ammo, or even disabling the player’s ability to sprint. But don’t worry; as a player you can get back at the masses, because voters will appear in your game as named zombies for you to exact your revenge on.
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/...ps4-march-4th/
    Last edited by Ghost; 02-27-2014 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Added new info/video

Lvl 4 - Silver

I really wish after all this time Dead Nation would've been a sequel and not just a port with possible extras and better graphics.

Rise Above

Quote Originally Posted by RyJ32 View Post
    I really wish after all this time Dead Nation would've been a sequel and not just a port with possible extras and better graphics.
    right on the money man. agreed

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

I'll make the most of Dead Nation Redux, it's free so i'm not going to complain on that front, plus i'll actually have people to play it with this time round. Just frustrating at this point with so few games about for PS4, but having all three formats at least gives me incredible value each month for now.

We will find out Europe's lineup tomorrow, i'd still take the rumoured games in a heartbeat.

Lvl 9 - Gold

i hope they fixed the co-op sprite lag... my god i tried playing this on PS3 with a friend and the game would freeze for like a minute or two as the zombies were about to spawn, and when the game resumed, we were surrounded by so many zombies. we were on the 2nd lowest difficulty and gave up on chapter 5, it was that bad

Fight the Future

Quote Originally Posted by jaws-ate View Post
    i hope they fixed the co-op sprite lag... my god i tried playing this on PS3 with a friend and the game would freeze for like a minute or two as the zombies were about to spawn, and when the game resumed, we were surrounded by so many zombies. we were on the 2nd lowest difficulty and gave up on chapter 5, it was that bad
    You sure that wasn't just your internet? I can recall quite a few co-op matches with my buddies and they were all lag and trouble free.

Lvl 8 - Gold

just got my first crash. it was during this part.

CE-34878-0

i just lost my gamesave...

Uplay: JasonVoorhees98
    Steam: JasonVoorhees987 - Origin: JasonVoorhees987
    XBL: CMaggotbone - Social Club: GrimReaper4383

Drunken Nights

Shit, better back up my saves.