Writer and Director of Uncharted "Forced Out" of Naughty Dog

This is a discussion on Writer and Director of Uncharted "Forced Out" of Naughty Dog within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Uncharted PS4 Writer Amy Hennig Leaves Naughty Dog - IGN Amy Hennig, the creative director and writer on the Uncharted ...

INTJ

Writer and Director of Uncharted "Forced Out" of Naughty Dog

Uncharted PS4 Writer Amy Hennig Leaves Naughty Dog - IGN

Amy Hennig, the creative director and writer on the Uncharted series, has left developer Naughty Dog.

Numerous trusted sources close to Naughty Dog have verified Hennig’s departure from the studio. She was writing and leading development of Uncharted PS4. Her final day at the studio was Monday, March 3.

Sources claim Hennig was “forced out” by The Last of Us’ Neil Druckmann and Bruce Straley, and explained that Uncharted may now come under their control.

Hennig recently celebrated her 10th anniversary with Naughty Dog, where she served as director and writer on Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves , and Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception. Her work was recently profiled in IGN’s The History of Naughty Dog.

We’ve contacted both Sony and Naughty Dog for comment and will keep you up to date with any developments.

waiting for the inevidble news that she gets hired by retro studios, like what half of ex-naughty dog staff becomes.

Negator

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

illegal in 9 countries

The only sane person here

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    Uncharted PS4 Writer Amy Hennig Leaves Naughty Dog - IGN

waiting for the inevidble news that she gets hired by retro studios, like what half of ex-naughty dog staff becomes.
    Your hard on for Retro really quirks me

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by KingLazy View Post
    Your hard on for Retro really quirks me
    name me one bad game retro studios made

the studio that made the best non-valve FPS series (metroid prime) and Gave donkey kong the spotlight again.

god if i owned the trilogy set for the wii i would be playing metroid prime again right now because i mentioned it.

Negator

the studio that made the best non-valve FPS series (metroid prime) and Gave donkey kong the spotlight again.

god if i owned the trilogy set for the wii i would be playing metroid prime again right now because i mentioned it.
    Prime was good, but Prime 2 fell short of expectations.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Lvl 2 - Bronze

So what are the chances of Uncharted 4 actually still happening now? Maybe there will be a focus on a Last of Us sequel, rather than carrying on the Uncharted franchise

Check out my trophy blog! - http://simplysupreme1.blogspot.co.uk/
    Last Updated 03/12/2015

Fight the Future

Quote Originally Posted by SimplySupreme View Post
    So what are the chances of Uncharted 4 actually still happening now? Maybe there will be a focus on a Last of Us sequel, rather than carrying on the Uncharted franchise
    Uncharted 4 is definitely still happening, the development is said to be completely unaffected.

Straley and Druckmann Not Involved in Amy Hennig's Departure, Says Naughty Dog - IGN

Get bent...

All of them.

With the exception of Mario Kart 7
    What happens to CoD players when they try to play Dark Souls...

Formerly known as Tyrion619

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion619 View Post
    All of them.

With the exception of Mario Kart 7
    no reasons why = invalid opinion.

PRO Member

make sure you wear protection if you're gonna be on valves dick and balls all the time.

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by Outstandind View Post
    make sure you wear protection if you're gonna be on valves dick and balls all the time.
    no dick riding = invalid opinion

Get bent...

As if you get to decide whether or not my opinion is valid or not. Lol. Try again child.

Also, your opinion is invalid 99% of the time. So what's your point?

Here's your reasons:

Crap graphics, even for the time periods they came out. Shit controls. Glitches galore. Nothing even remotely interesting in the way of storyline (although with Donkey Kong & Mario Kart, story isn't a necessity).
    What happens to CoD players when they try to play Dark Souls...

Formerly known as Tyrion619

NSFW

You can't invalidate opinions... that's not how it works. I do agree with you that Retro Studios makes good stuff.

It's sad if she's forced out, but I'm sure she will be fine. I don't think Uncharted 4 is going to be that much effected either.

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by gyrocop View Post
    You can't invalidate opinions... that's not how it works. I do agree with you that Retro Studios makes good stuff.

There's a fine line between "ok it's your opinion and i can see the reasons why you think that" and "I say dumb things with no proof to back up my statement but it's a opinion so it's totally ok"

People with good opinions have good evidence to back it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion619 View Post
    Crap graphics, even for the time periods they came out. Shit controls. Glitches galore. Nothing even remotely interesting in the way of storyline (although with Donkey Kong & Mario Kart, story isn't a necessity).

i can tell you never played the games.

Metroid Prime looks great even in today's gaming landscape. retro knows artstyle. combine that with the soundtrack and the world just immerses you.

There are barely any glitches in the prime series unless you really wanna dig deep.

Metroid Prime uses gameplay to tell plot instead of force feeding you like modern games. it's literally impossible to avoid the plot thanks to the scanner being a vital part of the gameplay. Maybe you'll like other M, which is the worst game in the Metroid series because it force feeds you a shitty plot like todays modern games.

Donkey Kong returns/Tropical freeze has a Light plot, which is all it needs.

the art style for the games is incredible and will look great for decades to come.

same with the glitches for prime series, really hard to get unless you really dedicate your life to it or are a speedrunner.

all they did for mario kart was make a donkey kong racing level.

Give me a actual evidence-backed opinion. not "graphics suck thus bad because i said so"

Negator

Maybe you'll like other M, which is the worst game in the Metroid series
    Metroid Prime: Hunters was pretty bad.

Fight the Future

There's a fine line between "ok it's your opinion and i can see the reasons why you think that" and "I say dumb things with no proof to back up my statement but it's a opinion so it's totally ok"

People with good opinions have good evidence to back it up.

Give me a actual evidence-backed opinion. not "graphics suck thus bad because i said so"
    What about your little charade in the The Order 1886 thread? You basically disregarded the whole game based on its art style and a few seconds of gameplay and according to what you're saying here you should have some good evidence to back up that opinion, not just "I've played a cover based TPS before so that means I've played them all."

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Parker View Post
    What about your little charade in the The Order 1886 thread? You basically disregarded the whole game based on its art style and a few seconds of gameplay and according to what you're saying here you should have some good evidence to back up that opinion, not just "I've played a cover based TPS before so that means I've played them all."
    Because if all the evidence there is is a few seconds of gameplay then thats what i can use to form my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    Metroid Prime: Hunters was pretty bad.
    it's worse than hunters.

hunters isn't a bad game though, it's ok. It's a launch title for the DS.