Jack Tretton Steps down as SCEA President/CEO

This is a discussion on Jack Tretton Steps down as SCEA President/CEO within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Jack Tretton To Step Down As President And CEO Of Sony Computer Entertainment America | Reuters TOKYO, March 6, 2014 ...

INTJ

Jack Tretton Steps down as SCEA President/CEO

Jack Tretton To Step Down As President And CEO Of Sony Computer Entertainment America | Reuters

TOKYO, March 6, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. today announced that Jack Tretton will step down from his role as President and CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) as of March 31, 2014. This is a result of a mutual agreement between Mr. Tretton and SCEA not to renew their contractual relationship.

Mr. Tretton has been with SCEA since its inception in 1995. As one of the founding members of the executive team, Tretton played a pivotal role in launching all PlayStation® platforms in North America, including the original PlayStation®, PlayStation®2, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable), PlayStation®3, PlayStation® Network, and PlayStation®Vita. Most recently, Tretton led the record-breaking launch of PlayStation®4 (PS4™), which sold more than one million units in 24 hours in North America and is now the #1 next generation gaming console in North America and worldwide. During his tenure, Tretton was also responsible for achieving several industry milestones, including surpassing 50 million units sold of PlayStation®2 in North America, and aggressively growing the PlayStation business in Canada and Latin America.

Legalize it...

Change is mediocre

I wonder if there's some actual reason why he's decided to step down.

PRO Member

Wow.... Between this and Amy Hennig leaving Naughty Dog Monday, it's been a tough week for Playstation. Two huge names leaving their ranks. I really hope this isn't the start of some restructuring of the company. They were just starting to get things right. Now who's going to give the killer E3 speeches?

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by christiet937 View Post
    Wow.... Between this and Amy Hennig leaving Naughty Dog Monday, it's been a tough week for Playstation. Two huge names leaving their ranks. I really hope this isn't the start of some restructuring of the company. They were just starting to get things right. Now who's going to give the killer E3 speeches?
    I'm thinking the same thing. Tretton's a major player in SCEA, and I wonder who will be able to fill his shoes?

The only sane person here

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    I'm thinking the same thing. Tretton's a major player in SCEA, and I wonder who will be able to fill his shoes?
    Hopefully not that Mr. Caffeine guy.

VII

He must've done something wrong since it goes into effect at the end of this month?

I'm thinking sex scandal with another man or an underage girl

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

The man is a don, Layden should do well in his place but Jack has been great for the brand, best of luck to him.

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

Quote Originally Posted by KILLER_ View Post
    He must've done something wrong since it goes into effect at the end of this month?

I'm thinking sex scandal with another man or an underage girl
    or a goat... You never know

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post

Don't get your knickers in a knot ladies. Jack's no spring chicken and he probably intended to retire following the PS4 launch. He's done his job, he's had a great career and it's an appropriate time to head out on a high.

INTJ

this is the person replacing him

~energetic~