No Plat for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes(?)

This is a discussion on No Plat for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes(?) within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; According to Push Square: Your base busting efforts will be recognised by 15 Trophies, which match the Xbox 360 achievement ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

No Plat for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes(?)

According to Push Square:

Your base busting efforts will be recognised by 15 Trophies, which match the Xbox 360 achievement that sneaked out earlier in the year. However, while those that play on Microsoft’s machine will be able to earn a full 1,000 Gamerscore points, there’ll be no top shelf trinkets for PlayStation 4 owners to earn. You’ll have to make do with a bunch of Bronze badges instead.
    Already there have been some who've obtained trophies for GZ, with no reportable platinum. What do you guys think about that?

Delicious Sauce: Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes PS4 Trophies Sneak Out Without a Platinum - Push Square

Looks like you need my help--Again...
    Games Beaten: 434 (As of March 7, 2014)

Legalize it...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

They have given plats to games which was just as short before. Even still, from what I heard, even if you beat the game under 2 hours, you are only "9 percent complete". So I think the overall objectives make up for the short campaign.

O_o

Quote Originally Posted by Currywrath88 View Post
    They have given plats to games which was just as short before. Even still, from what I heard, even if you beat the game under 2 hours, you are only "9 percent complete". So I think the overall objectives make up for the short campaign.
    Well, Ground Zeroes isn't a whole game, it's just the prologue for the overall game of MGS5 that is Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain. So it's not very surprising that there are just basic trophies/achievements.

So, doesn't bother me, I'd just like to get my hands on it already.

No Game No Life

It was expected anyway for me that this game will not have a plat since it's just the prologue and it's not the complete and full game experience which we should expect from The Phantom Pain.

Currently Playing:
    I dunno what to play anymore.. Too many JRPG

Checklist || GFX Showcase

INTJ

oh no

it means you actually have to play the game for fun.

Change is mediocre

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    oh no

it means you actually have to play the game for fun.
    What is this, PS2 era?

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Maybe they'll add it you never know

Lvl 3 - Bronze

As of now, I'm not getting it. Mostly because I don't think 20 (or 30 bones) is worth something that's essentially a demo. Plat or no plat; I will play, beat, destroy it...eventually.

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

doesnt bother me one bit, its still gonna be next to my other metal gear trophy collections
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Lvl 5 - Silver

I actually wonder what is their intention to make decisions like that. Does Sony have to approve the trophy list and didn't grant them a Platinum due to game length?

Otherwise for those who don't care it won't make a difference, for those who care they might ultimately decide not to buy the game as it doesn't offer them enough trophy award. So I don't see any advantage to make the decision for any game to not include a platinum.

As for me I'm sure at some time there'll be an edition with both games so I'll just wait for that and anyway at the moment I don't even have a PS4 yet. ;D

Lvl 5 - Silver

Kojima pretty much confirmed it on his twitter account

Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes doesn’t have a platinum trophy, Kojima explains why | VG247

Ironically I just pre-ordered it for the PS4 along with Watch Dogs lol

Still even if it doesn't have any trophies I can't wait to get my grubby little mitts on it, even if its only going to take me 12 to 15 hours 100% it. Also looking forward to the way the it will effect Phantom Pain (remember Kojima mentioning that Phantom Pain would be able to tell if you played Ground Zeroes and that it will effect the the game)

Also don't really see this as buying a demo, its more like buying DLC for Phantom Pain that doesn't require Phantom Pain to play it.
    Annoying PS3T.com members since March 2010

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

A big fat ' So What? ' from me. Trophies are always secondary pleasures. Plus it's Metal Gear and that's about all the reason i'll ever need to play it.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by BLaCKoNi666 View Post
    Kojima pretty much confirmed it on his twitter account

Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes doesn’t have a platinum trophy, Kojima explains why | VG247

Ironically I just pre-ordered it for the PS4 along with Watch Dogs lol

Still even if it doesn't have any trophies I can't wait to get my grubby little mitts on it, even if its only going to take me 12 to 15 hours 100% it. Also looking forward to the way the it will effect Phantom Pain (remember Kojima mentioning that Phantom Pain would be able to tell if you played Ground Zeroes and that it will effect the the game)

Also don't really see this as buying a demo, its more like buying DLC for Phantom Pain that doesn't require Phantom Pain to play it.
    His explaination doesn't make sense. There are several games that aren't at "full" price that have platinums (ex: Strider is currently 20 bucks/15 digital, has a plat). If he had said "No platinum because it's not the full game or because it's essentially a technical demo", I would've bought the explaination.

Lvl 5 - Silver

His explaination doesn't make sense. There are several games that aren't at "full" price that have platinums (ex: Strider is currently 20 bucks/15 digital, has a plat). If he had said "No platinum because it's not the full game or because it's essentially a technical demo", I would've bought the explaination.
    Here is how I see this.

This game is categorize as a Standalone DLC type game, it will probably be included in a bundled version of Phantom Pain at some point but as it stands now its like the Standalone version of Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare (don't know if it did have a plat as I never bought the standalone version but common sense would state it didn't have one).

But then again I might be wrong

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Here is how I see this.

This game is categorize as a Standalone DLC type game, it will probably be included in a bundled version of Phantom Pain at some point but as it stands now its like the Standalone version of Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare (don't know if it did have a plat as I never bought the standalone version but common sense would state it didn't have one).

But then again I might be wrong
    Fair enough, but even when RDR:UDN was a stand-alone title, it also threw in added DLC content to justify the price. It's funny to me, because the KZ3 multiplayer (the stand-alone from KZ3) was about 11 (15 regular) when I bought it, and had all the DLC (similar to UDN). The most interesting part of it: they threw in a play for that, for reasons unknown to me. It just makes me wonder what the criteria is for a game to have a plat**.

I would be more annoyed to catagorize this as a Stand-Alone DLC, since I don't recall shilling 30 for DLC. While I love MG to death, GZ feels more like a cheap money grab than anything else, which is the main reason I'd rather wait to get it. Even Kojima said this game was to, I'm paraphrasing, "show off the technical aspects of the game to get you acclimated for what TPP brings", which sounds like the classic code for "Demo".

**If anything, this is probably my biggest gripe of it all, since Sony seems to follow some weird measure of what justifies trophies. I don't mind GZ doesn't have a plat (I will eventually play it, since it still is a MG game), I just find it peculiar because of the certain games that have gotten a plat (and for a lot less, whether it be content or money) that this game didn't even have one.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Fair enough, but even when RDR:UDN was a stand-alone title, it also threw in added DLC content to justify the price. It's funny to me, because the KZ3 multiplayer (the stand-alone from KZ3) was about 11 (15 regular) when I bought it, and had all the DLC (similar to UDN). The most interesting part of it: they threw in a play for that, for reasons unknown to me. It just makes me wonder what the criteria is for a game to have a plat**.

I would be more annoyed to catagorize this as a Stand-Alone DLC, since I don't recall shilling 30 for DLC. While I love MG to death, GZ feels more like a cheap money grab than anything else, which is the main reason I'd rather wait to get it. Even Kojima said this game was to, I'm paraphrasing, "show off the technical aspects of the game to get you acclimated for what TPP brings", which sounds like the classic code for "Demo".

**If anything, this is probably my biggest gripe of it all, since Sony seems to follow some weird measure of what justifies trophies. I don't mind GZ doesn't have a plat (I will eventually play it, since it still is a MG game), I just find it peculiar because of the certain games that have gotten a plat (and for a lot less, whether it be content or money) that this game didn't even have one.
    If we are being honest here I would say it annoys me when people calls Ground Zeroes a Demo, because its not really a demo its actually a full game be it a very short game that would only challenge you if you play it on hard with all the advantages turned off. Its like if they made MGS3 in 2 parts and launched the Virtuous Mission as its own game, it would still part of the full MGS3 experience but more like a appetizers before the main course. Now $30 for something that is basically a prelude that is served up as a Standalone DLC format might seem like a lot but remember that it will give you a bonus when you play Phantom Pain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReTG...E-0J1S_E97UAuQ

I love MG, played almost all the cannon game (didn't play portable ops because I didn't have a PSP when it launched and cant seem to find one now) and even though this doesn't have a plat I will still give it my all to 100% it. Though it would of been nice if I could add a Ground Zeroes Plat next to my MGS4 plat

Lvl 3 - Bronze

If we are being honest here I would say it annoys me when people calls Ground Zeroes a Demo, because its not really a demo its actually a full game be it a very short game that would only challenge you if you play it on hard with all the advantages turned off. Its like if they made MGS3 in 2 parts and launched the Virtuous Mission as its own game, it would still part of the full MGS3 experience but more like a appetizers before the main course. Now $30 for something that is basically a prelude that is served up as a Standalone DLC format might seem like a lot but remember that it will give you a bonus when you play Phantom Pain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReTG...E-0J1S_E97UAuQ

I love MG, played almost all the cannon game (didn't play portable ops because I didn't have a PSP when it launched and cant seem to find one now) and even though this doesn't have a plat I will still give it my all to 100% it. Though it would of been nice if I could add a Ground Zeroes Plat next to my MGS4 plat
    And that's where it gets me, since Kojima's explaination was regarding how Sony did not see this as a full game (specifically, in regard to trophies). I'm wary when they say "old game data will have a profound effect on the next game", it rarely ever pans out to that level of hype (like the inFamous save; exception being the Walking Dead). If anything, it feels like GZ will be added on to the complete version of TPP as a "Tanker" mission; any sort of benefit or bonus that were to come from just playing GZ would be moot. To go to your food analogy: demos to me are the appetizers, since they gear you up for what's ahead; the main course is the full game, which has all the steak, potatos, and veggies; and the DLC is the dessert, it's not something you have to have after the main course, but if you want a little extra to satisfy the sweet tooth, you can. If we go by saying GZ is a SA DLC, we're "eating" in reverse, more or less; getting you to buy the "extra" stuff first before the finish product is even out. Yes, I know GT5 prolouge did it the same way; but in that instance, it also patched in to give you more for the prolouge with added "specs", gaining more in the long run and not neccesarily needing GT5 to fully enjoy it.

As for Portable Ops, it's a weird game. Playing on the PSP takes a bit getting used to, since using one stick felt odd to me. Surprisingly, it wasn't as long as I thought it would be. It's kind of sad how PO is treated as the "black sheep", since it wasn't covered in the HD collection, nor is it really mentioned by Kojima (since he didn't work on the game, he considers it a "side story-canon" to the main series; even though it provides some pretty important information).