Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

EA Sorry For Not Bringing Titanfall To PS4

This is a discussion on EA Sorry For Not Bringing Titanfall To PS4 within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; http://gamingbolt.com/infamous-secon...tanfall-to-ps4 inFamous Second Son Leading Titanfall In Social Metrics, EA Sorry For Not Bringing Titanfall To PS4 With the release ...

Lvl 8 - Gold

http://gamingbolt.com/infamous-secon...tanfall-to-ps4

inFamous Second Son Leading Titanfall In Social Metrics, EA Sorry For Not Bringing Titanfall To PS4

With the release of Respawn Entertainment’s Titanfall on the PC and Xbox One, you would think that Microsoft’s Xbox One would begin the counter-attack on the PS4. However, as the NPD’s February report indicates, there are already signs of the sales gap diminishing between the two consoles.

But that doesn’t mean Sony doesn’t have its own big game for March, namely Sucker Punch’s inFamous: Second Son. Industry insider Pete Dodd, also known as NeoGAF member famousmortimer, said that there’s plenty of excitement for the open world title.

“Don’t sleep on inFamous. The social metrics on that game are through the roof. Also… MLB The Show rarely breaks a million units, but it sells hardware.”

On being asked to explain the metrics, Dodd listed YouTube numbers. “YouTube views. Twitter mentions. Preorders.

“Second Son – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHzh…hnq9JhUZ0UZLbm – Published March 7th. 4.7 million views.

“To find anything even close on Titanfall’s YouTube you have to go back to October.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caiI…L4x2BH_VlzON5V – 2.3 million views. Their E3 video is just over 3 million. Their ‘official gameplay launch trailer’ which is a week old… 194k.

“People give a f**k about inFamous. I’m not speaking about quality in the slightest. I have and absolutely love Titanfall. I’m just saying, and the person who clued me into this is very much with Microsoft, but don’t sleep on inFamous. Titanfall is dominating the media but inFamous is dominating things where the consumer makes the choice (like YouTube, Twitter, etc) and not editors.

When told that Ryse: Son of Rome’s live action spot has the same number of views as the inFamous video, Dodd responded that, “The same amount of views since October vs the same amount of views from 2 weeks ago. You don’t think there is a difference there? Someone with marketing knowledge needs to get up in this bitch. They have this shit down to a science right now. I am not one of those people, but I’ve talked to them. They all say ‘DONT SLEEP ON INFAMOUS!’

He also revealed that EA are apparently ‘sorry’ to Sony for not bringing Titanfall for the PS4/PS3.

“Sony also used it’s own metrics in a meeting with EA last week and showed them what they would have sold on the ps3 and ps4. The money EA took from MS doesn’t even begin to cover it. The EA guys went over the math and agreed. EA is in full ‘We’re so f**king sorry, Sony’ mode currently. Also, Titanfall Xbox 360 is 30 fps. That’s just for free for reading my post.”

inFamous: Second Son is releasing on March 21st worldwide for the PlayStation 4 so we’ll get a chance to see just how well it measures up to Titanfall in sales. Which do you think will prevail? Let us know below.
    Uplay: JasonVoorhees98
    Steam: JasonVoorhees987 - Origin: JasonVoorhees987
    XBL: CMaggotbone - Social Club: GrimReaper4383

Banned

I already know about this. Titanfall, Halo, and Fuel of War games always belong to Microsoft which they won't support to SCE for games. Last time PSN has Dead Rising and Plants vs Zombies game series, then now Microsoft own both of these games like Dead Rising 3 and Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare. I don't care about Xbox and Microsoft news, I had enough with motherfking Micro-snakes.

EDIT: I'll probably preorder Infamous: Second Son or not
    Last edited by ScaryAbel210; 03-16-2014 at 07:54 PM.

Get bent...

Quote Originally Posted by ScaryAbel210 View Post
    I already know about this. Titanfall, Halo, and Fuel of War games always belong to Microsoft which they won't support to SCE for games. Last time PSN has Dead Rising and Plants vs Zombies game series, then now Microsoft own both of these games like Dead Rising 3 and Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare. I don't care about Xbox and Microsoft news, I had enough with motherfking Micro-snakes.

EDIT: I'll probably preorder Infamous: Second Son or not
    Your response had almost ZERO to do with the original post.

The OP talked about how inFamous is making a killing in social metrics and EA is wishing they had put Titanfall on the PS3 & PS4.

What the fuck are you going on about?
    What happens to CoD players when they try to play Dark Souls...

Formerly known as Tyrion619

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion619 View Post
    EA is wishing they had put Titanfall on the PS3 & PS4.
    No, I think you missed one thing, have you seen the commercial of this Titanfall? I saw that commercial, it says only Microsoft as Xbox and PC, not PS3 or PS4. I also knew about that, I saw the poster at GameStop when I was in the line-up before PS4 launched.

Lord of all Goat-Men

No, I think you missed one thing, have you seen the commercial of this Titanfall? I saw that commercial, it says only Microsoft as Xbox and PC, not PS3 or PS4. I also knew about that, I saw the poster at GameStop when I was in the line-up before PS4 launched.
    Shut up.

Anyway, I find it almost impossible to believe that EA, one of the most market-savvy publishers in the industry, didn't realize that they could make more money than Microsoft offered them for console exclusivity by releasing Titanfall on Sony platforms as well.

IIRC, Respawn wanted to release on either Microsoft OR Sony platforms, not both, since they were a newly formed studio looking to get their game out as soon as possible. Basically, the exclusivity deal was a matter of convenience, not business acumen.

Fight the Future

I think it was pretty obvious to EA after the launch of the PlayStation 4 that they shouldn't have screwed themselves by taking Microsoft's money but at least we'll be getting Titanfall 2 on PlayStation.

Get bent...

Wow.

Did you even read that article up there?

No shit, everybody knows that Titanfall is on the XBox One/360/PC only.

The part I was talking about is that EA WISHES they made Titanfall for the PS3 & PS4 as well because of the money they could have made.

Go back to school and make sure you focus on some reading COMPREHENSION.

Banned

Wow.

Did you even read that article up there?

No shit, everybody knows that Titanfall is on the XBox One/360/PC only.

The part I was talking about is that EA WISHES they made Titanfall for the PS3 & PS4 as well because of the money they could have made.

Go back to school and make sure you focus on some reading COMPREHENSION.
    I already read a whole page and I understood what you said. Don't ever tell me about comprehension thing again. I already found out about this EA's problem but you don't know about this. That's all I said.

INTJ

titanfall was originally gonna be pc only

and the PC version is the only good version.

Breakfast and Chill

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post

Seeing how much better the PC version is compared to X1 really makes me worry about the 360 version.

Deathless Destroyer

All of these futuristic FPS's are boring me.
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

Lord of all Goat-Men

Quote Originally Posted by Encorporeus View Post
    As I read your post, I can't help but notice your rolling platbar, as it flashes up Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, CoD: MW2, CoD: MW3, Crysis 2, and Deus Ex: Human Revolution...

Get bent...

Quote Originally Posted by Encorporeus View Post
    Crysis 2, Deus Ex, Resistance series

Hypocrite much?

VII

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    As I read your post, I can't help but notice your rolling platbar, as it flashes up Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, CoD: MW2, CoD: MW3, Crysis 2, and Deus Ex: Human Revolution...
    Crysis 2, Deus Ex, Resistance series

Hypocrite much?
    Woah, deja vu

Lvl 10 - Platinum

I also bet that EA "will" regret the online only. I was at EB Games on Friday and someone was buying a copy of Titanfall and in walks another guy wanting to purchase the game also and the clerk mentions that it's online only and both of them walk out empty handed and the clerk said to a SONY rep that was delivering Infamous Second Son that walk in sales have been poor for Titanfall because of the online only aspect and if it were not for pre orders they wouldn't have sold any copies.

Get bent...

Quote Originally Posted by KILLER_ View Post
    Woah, deja vu
    Yeah, I didn't see Faust's post until after I made mine. I guess I skipped right over it. Oh well. Great minds think alike I guess. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MAXTHUNDER View Post
    I also bet that EA "will" regret the online only. I was at EB Games on Friday and someone was buying a copy of Titanfall and in walks another guy wanting to purchase the game also and the clerk mentions that it's online only and both of them walk out empty handed and the clerk said to a SONY rep that was delivering Infamous Second Son that walk in sales have been poor for Titanfall because of the online only aspect and if it were not for pre orders they wouldn't have sold any copies.
    I thought Titanfall had a small single-player mode too?

Renegade Time Lord

I thought Titanfall had a small single-player mode too?
    It does but the single-player mode is Online only. You can not play the game offline at all which has put a lot of people off.
    Hello, I'm so pleased to finally see you. I'm The Doctor and I will be your victim this evening, are you my mummy?

Avatar, Signature and Banner by Bladia. Thank You!

Fight the Future

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post

Source?

As an owner of the game on the Xbone I think it is quite good, one of the best shooters I've played in quite a while in fact. Since you posted a statement of fact rather than opinion I trust you can find sources that back up that fact, right?

Don't even bother to bring up resolution or framerate either, I'm not saying the PC version isn't better but I am curious to know how the Xbone version isn't good.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Wow you guys all seem pretty pissed at each other.

I'm just giddy to know that I'll have Second Son in hand this Friday. Fuck. Yes.

Renegade Time Lord

Quote Originally Posted by juliuspleezer View Post
    Wow you guys all seem pretty pissed at each other.

I'm just giddy to know that I'll have Second Son in hand this Friday. Fuck. Yes.
    I am the same. As soon as Friday comes I am getting my Collectors Edition from Game and I will be playing it before work Friday.
    Hello, I'm so pleased to finally see you. I'm The Doctor and I will be your victim this evening, are you my mummy?

Avatar, Signature and Banner by Bladia. Thank You!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast