Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

inFAMOUS: Second Son Reviews

This is a discussion on inFAMOUS: Second Son Reviews within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by mattveego L Lol you're point?? Am I the only one that thinks Second Son looks better in ...

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by mattveego View Post
    L

Lol you're point?? Am I the only one that thinks Second Son looks better in those shots??
    I wouldn't say so, but even so, I went through the beginning part of the game, and it looks much better than what the shot shows, which goes to show you how bad screen shots can mess up what a game actually looks like.

INTJ

the best part of infamous second son though has to be the graffiti

i swear to god they were either massively inspired by banksy or they hired banksy himself to make this art.

edit:

Interview: Horia Dociu Talks About 'inFamous: Second Son' Graffiti, Games As Art And Attitude | Vibe

VIBE: When you and the team were developing the art for inFamous: Second Son what were some of the graffiti influences that inspired everyone?
    Horia Dociu: Our main influence was the stencil style which was primarily made famous by BANKSY. While aesthetically this looks cool, it was also a good way to distinguish Delsin's graffiti from the typical stuff that's all over Seattle. The player can more easily recognize their tags throughout the city. But most importantly, the influence we took from BANKSY was in his freedom loving renegade attitude that the lead protagonist Delsin embodies. That's a trait Delsin shares with the famous street artist.

oh neat.

they did a amazing job imitating banksy.

PRO Member

Infamous SS Vs. Sleeping Dogs
    ~ clothes and face are better in I:SS

~Hard to deny SD looks pretty fuckin good, but I think the rain effects and lighting are better here for I:SS

Infamous SS
    Vs. Sleeping Dogs
    ~ I don't know

Infamous SS
    Vs. Sleeping Dogs
    ~ :3

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Outstandind View Post
    ~ clothes and face are better in I:SS

~Hard to deny SD looks pretty fuckin good, but I think the rain effects and lighting are better here for I:SS

Infamous SS
    Vs. Sleeping Dogs
    ~ I don't know

Infamous SS
    Vs. Sleeping Dogs
    ~ :3
    i can tell those arn't using the PC version of Sleeping dogs, which would be a better comparison to a PS4 game.

the PC version has the higher resolution texture pack made by the devs as a free download. http://store.steampowered.com/app/202181/

if your gonna compare a downgraded graphics 360/ps3 screenshot to a ps4 game of course it's gonna look like shit. you have to compare the best version to the best version of each game.

PRO Member

Sorry, but you're not permitted to view these materials at this time.

PS: Does it matter if high-end PC's can run better graphics? Whether or not we're going to say Sleeping Dogs is better than Infamous, PC will surely surpass whatever consoles can put out just by their very nature. But does it matter when most people won't have access to the right hardware?

INTJ

Sorry, but you're not permitted to view these materials at this time.

PS: Does it matter if high-end PC's can run better graphics? Whether or not we're going to say Sleeping Dogs is better than Infamous, PC will surely surpass whatever consoles can put out just by their very nature. But does it matter when most people won't have access to the right hardware?
    you don't need a high end computer to run a texture pack.

you can build a computer that costs less than a ps4 to run sleeping dogs on the highest specs.

also, steam is probably region-lockin you out of the page, it's there.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    you don't need a high end computer to run a texture pack.

you can build a computer that costs less than a ps4 to run sleeping dogs on the highest specs.

also, steam is probably region-lockin you out of the page, it's there.
    I'm not talking about playing old games. I'm talking about keeping up with the new stuff. I would be extremely surprised if I could get a computer that would out-perform the PS4 at the same price. Maybe towards the end of the generation

INTJ

I'm not talking about playing old games. I'm talking about keeping up with the new stuff. I would be extremely surprised if I could get a computer that would out-perform the PS4 at the same price. Maybe towards the end of the generation
    there's tons of builds already out there and graphics card companies are pumping out cards that preform better than the Ps4/xb1 for around 100$ or so. Nvidia's 750 ti comes to mind.

example of one build

this video was made before the Nvidia 750 ti was unveiled, that costs 119$, so if you switch out the Rx 260 amd card with that you save some money.

and another one that goes below 100$ of the PS4 pricetag by getting a APU instead of a GPU/CPU setup.

Check Those Corners

I didn't like Infamous, so i wont get any other of the Infamous games.

But im happy a Playstation exclusive is doing so well.

PRO Member

@ps360: doesn't the ps4 get a much better performance out of it's card than you would expect a PC to, since it devotes just about everything it has to the games?

unfortunately listing random parts with prices means nothing to me since a) I'm from Australia and b) I don't know a gawd damn thing about putting a PC together. what do more expensive parts get you then, if you're already topping consoles at launch, at the same price point?

Get bent...

stop feeding the troll!!!
    What happens to CoD players when they try to play Dark Souls...

Formerly known as Tyrion619

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12