Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

inFAMOUS: Second Son Reviews

This is a discussion on inFAMOUS: Second Son Reviews within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; http://www.psu.com/a022827/inFAMOUS-...st-masterpiece PSU - 10/10 "PS4's First Masterpiece" http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/03/2...ond-son-review IGN - 8.7/10 http://www.joystiq.com/2014/03/20/in...u-for-smoking/ Joystiq 4.5/5 http://www.destructoid.com/review-in...n-271871.phtml Destructoid 9.5 http://www.egmnow.com/articles/revie...us-second-son/ EGM 9.0 ...

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

81 on metacrtic, which is expected.

17 hours and I'll have my mitts on this

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

Fight the Future

inFamous: Second Son Critic Reviews for PlayStation 4 - Metacritic

The metacritic page has 10 publications giving the game a 7/10 while 34 publications have given it a 8/10 or higher. Seems to be doing pretty damn good so far.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Aaaaaaahhhhh i want it right now!!!!!

INTJ

ign minus point is morality

isnt that the entire point of the game

also

Fight the Future

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    ign minus point is morality

isnt that the entire point of the game

also

I believe your words to me when I brought Sessler into a debate to support my point was "it is okay to be wrong sometimes." Seems to fit here.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Parker View Post
    I believe your words to me when I brought Sessler into a debate to support my point was "it is okay to be wrong sometimes." Seems to fit here.

all the reviews are basically saying what he is saying though

it gets boring/repetitive after awhile and the moral choices suck

6/10 review

inFamous: Second Son review €“ hero and villain | Metro News

In Short: The graphics are a great advert for the power of the PlayStation 4, but in terms of gameplay and story this hasn’t moved on at all from the previous generation.

Pros: Amazing graphics and the core combat is enjoyable and pacy, with a wide range of customisable abilities – even if a lot of them are very similar in function.

Cons: Underwritten story where the moral decisions have no weight in terms of both characters and gameplay. Repetitive structure and enemies, as well as boring side quests and boss battles.

Fight the Future

all the reviews are basically saying what he is saying though
    But they are still giving the game a positive review. On Metacritic out of 60 critic reviews 46 are positive while 14 are mixed and there are 0 negative reviews.

Why are you focusing on the bad reviews when the majority are praising the game?

PRO Member

But they are still giving the game a positive review. On Metacritic out of 60 critic reviews 46 are positive while 14 are mixed and there are 0 negative reviews.

Why are you focusing on the bad reviews when the majority are praising the game?
    I'm surprised you really just asked that question. Do you see who you are debating with?

Anyways I've been reading the reviews that range around the 7-8/10 score and i feel like it is missing points mainly because of the story and morality. Besides that it seems as though the gameplay is fun as hell. Isn't that supposed to be what matters most?

Sig by Bladia

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

If it is really too much like the previous entries then that's my expectations killed off, i already struggle to get on with the Infamous games of old.
    I had hoped for better scores to be honest but glad it's not shite though, for the PS4's sake.
    So, it's Ground Zeroes only for me in the meantime. I await cheapness for Second Son.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by mattveego View Post
    Anyways I've been reading the reviews that range around the 7-8/10 score and i feel like it is missing points mainly because of the story and morality. Besides that it seems as though the gameplay is fun as hell. Isn't that supposed to be what matters most?
    Exactly. As far as the story goes for the game, that's been a weak point in the inFamous games IMO, and I stated here quite a few months ago that the story already sounded bad just going off the premise of the game. I personally don't care about the story in games like inFamous, as I grew up playing games that didn't have a story.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Mixed reviews which means they are based on their opinions, for example gamesport have given MGV 8, a game which introduced by kojima to be a tutorial to phantom pain is equal to a full retailer game which is infamous second son.

i really lost the faith in reviewer as they start just giving their own opinions rather than giving honest reviews.

INTJ

beat the game

exactly what i expected, good gameplay in terms of powers, story that gets a bit boring in the last level, average graphics with particle effects everywhere, the boss fights are basically "shoot it till it dies", ok/bad sound design, etc.

Toggle Spoiler

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

Average graphics? And I'm not sure what you were expecting in regards to boss fights.

You just come across as a nitpicking, pc eltist titbox on a regular basis

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Creditdue View Post
    Average graphics? And I'm not sure what you were expecting in regards to boss fights.

You just come across as a nitpicking, pc eltist titbox on a regular basis
    yea average graphics.

sleeping dogs looks better

Fight the Future

Quote Originally Posted by starrk View Post
    Mixed reviews which means they are based on their opinions, for example gamesport have given MGV 8, a game which introduced by kojima to be a tutorial to phantom pain is equal to a full retailer game which is infamous second son.

i really lost the faith in reviewer as they start just giving their own opinions rather than giving honest reviews.
    That is exactly what a review is though, someones opinion.

yea average graphics.

sleeping dogs looks better
    You are one of the few that thinks it has average graphics, most people think it looks fantastic. I don't agree with Sleeping Dogs looking better either. The game still looks great, especially on PC, but I don't think it holds a candle to Second Son.

INTJ

You are one of the few that thinks it has average graphics, most people think it looks fantastic. I don't agree with Sleeping Dogs looking better either. The game still looks great, especially on PC, but I don't think it holds a candle to Second Son.
    http://i.imgur.com/D8wolNu.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/QUXFpWH.jpg

vs

http://www.selectgame.com.br/wp-cont...dogs-pc-14.jpg
    http://g3ar.co.za/wp-content/uploads...-Hi-res-23.jpg

Lord of all Goat-Men

Why do you try so hard? Seriously, why?

No one agrees with you. No one cares. Are you so desperate for attention that you'll latch on to any controversial issue so people will acknowledge your existence?

I get that not everyone shares the mainstream opinion all of the time, but you're always consistently barracking for the minority - so consistently, in fact, that one can't help but conclude that you're doing this on purpose.

It's getting tiresome. Why don't you try going outside for a change.

PRO Member

L

Lol you're point?? Am I the only one that thinks Second Son looks better in those shots??

Sig by Bladia

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by mattveego View Post
    L

Lol you're point?? Am I the only one that thinks Second Son looks better in those shots??
    a city to city comparison would be better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast