Thought this was worth a post here! - AC:UNITY

This is a discussion on Thought this was worth a post here! - AC:UNITY within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Just incase any of you guys don't know. Darby is an Ubisoft employee! Personally this made me laugh for a ...

Lvl 6 - Silver

Thought this was worth a post here! - AC:UNITY

Just incase any of you guys don't know. Darby is an Ubisoft employee!

Personally this made me laugh for a good while! XD

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 4 - Silver

The real reason is probably because they're releasing two games this year and don't want either one to be thought of as filler like Liberation was in 2012, so that they can maximize sales with both titles. As for this Darby guy, the way he talks to people doesn't seem very professional. Even if he's joking, that's not really a smart way to talk to people as a businessman.

PRO Member

wow, what a dick.

Fight the Future

That is being a dick? You'd have to have some pretty thin skin to be offended by that, in my opinion.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Parker View Post
    That is being a dick? You'd have to have some pretty thin skin to be offended by that, in my opinion.
    Did I say I was offended?

imo it's pretty poor customer service to say "because we said so." and "no, just disinterested in this fans question so I gave him a shitty answer".

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Outstandind View Post
    Did I say I was offended?

imo it's pretty poor customer service to say "because we said so." and "no, just disinterested in this fans question so I gave him a shitty answer".
    exactly, obviously this is a joke, but it's not very professional at all, if that's the kind of answer they give to those types of questions, then they really shouldn't bother answering those types of questions in the first place ... if they don't want to give a direct answer to a question then they have to make it comical for both parties involved as well as other readers and bonus points if they reference one of their products, like: "because Ezio stole the V so we had to make due with just what was left" ... obviously it's a pretty shitty example, but something a long those lines would have been a lot better, especially the part with "disinterest" (you shouldn't be disinterested in a potential customer's question, and even if you are you don't tell them flat out, especially where other potential customers can read it)

Signature Created by Bladia

Lvl 6 - Silver

Personally I thought it was brilliant! Aha

Keep in mind that this guy is pretty popular with the Assassin's Creed community unlike the other developers and people just kind of expect these type of replies from him. Still, I can understand how people may think it's dickish. I respect that opinion because yeah I can see why

Toggle Spoiler

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by canadian94eh View Post
    exactly, obviously this is a joke, but it's not very professional at all, if that's the kind of answer they give to those types of questions, then they really shouldn't bother answering those types of questions in the first place ... if they don't want to give a direct answer to a question then they have to make it comical for both parties involved as well as other readers and bonus points if they reference one of their products, like: "because Ezio stole the V so we had to make due with just what was left" ... obviously it's a pretty shitty example, but something a long those lines would have been a lot better, especially the part with "disinterest" (you shouldn't be disinterested in a potential customer's question, and even if you are you don't tell them flat out, especially where other potential customers can read it)
    Absolutely. You don't have to answer every question or justify every decision, but as an employee (and in general tbh) there's really no sense in those kinds of comments. You're only making yourself and your company look bad.

@mont266: how on earth is he 'pretty popular' with comments like that? being short with people all the time doesn't strike me as a particularly endearing quality to have. If it was me I'd be wanting to put a positive spin on everything I say about the game

"oh yeah we're the taking the series in an exciting new direction this year so stay tuned". lol