Results 1 to 8 of 8

Assassin's Creed: Unity Rumored Features.

This is a discussion on Assassin's Creed: Unity Rumored Features. within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; So I have been following this topic like a hawk due to my obsessive love for Assassin's Creed. I've decided ...

  1. #1
    Lvl 6 - Silver
    mont266's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    417
    Reputation
    12

    Assassin's Creed: Unity Rumored Features.

    So I have been following this topic like a hawk due to my obsessive love for Assassin's Creed. I've decided to throw together most of the rumors on both the plot and the features that people believe will be included in Assassin's Creed: Unity and you guys can feel free to have a civil conversation on your opinions towards these.

    So some thoughts that I've made by analyzing the trailer are:

    The protagonist is wearing robes that are similar to that of the robes of the Knights in Order back in 1886. The big royal looking room you see in the trailer is quite obviously the Palace of Versailles and we already know that the game is set in France.

    It's rumored that villa management (like the one seen in AC2) will be featured in this game which leads me to believe that the protagonist will have some sort of relation to the royal family and that the Palace of Versailles will be the building used in the Villa Management system that could be featured in the game.

    It's rumored that the new Assassin is named Arnaud (pronounced Arno).

    It's rumored that Arnaud will not be the only protagonist but Connor will also be a playable character at some point in the game.

    Some believe that you will be able to climb the Eiffel Tower although, this has mostly been proven wrong as construction of the Eiffel Tower began in 1887.

    The game is already announced to be in Paris and in regards to the hunting animals for their skins system that Ubisoft appear to enjoy featuring in their games, people are wondering what's going to happen to that as apparently Paris was a walled off city.


    Some are also saying that there will be no Naval Combat. Others are trying to figure out if there would even be any room to feature boats in a game that's set in Paris.

    Some people are noticing that from the trailer, the way the streets look and the buildings that the game will be set during the Great Plague of Marseille (1720) and are wondering if this setting will have any effect on the citizens and NPCs of the game.

    Toggle Spoiler


  2. #2
    Lord of all Goat-Men
    Faust's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,376
    Reputation
    351

    I'm gonna start at the end for context.

    Quote Originally Posted by mont266 View Post
    Some people are noticing that from the trailer, the way the streets look and the buildings that the game will be set during the Great Plague of Marseille (1720) and are wondering if this setting will have any effect on the citizens and NPCs of the game.
    At the end of the trailer, the Guillotine is front and center. The Guillotine proper was not invented until the later years of the 18th Century, and is most recognisable as a symbol of The Terror (1793-4). Your predicted setting is at least 60 years too early.

    Quote Originally Posted by mont266 View Post
    It's rumored that villa management (like the one seen in AC2) will be featured in this game which leads me to believe that the protagonist will have some sort of relation to the royal family and that the Palace of Versailles will be the building used in the Villa Management system that could be featured in the game.
    It's unlikely that the protagonist will have any link to the royals. My money is on Unity being set during the French Revolution. If you place the historical narrative within the confines of the ongoing Templar v. Assassin conflict of the AC universe, it seems more than likely that the protagonist would be on the side of the people. He's probably associated with the Brissotin/Girrondin movement.
    Quote Originally Posted by mont266 View Post
    It's rumored that Arnaud will not be the only protagonist but Connor will also be a playable character at some point in the game.
    Plausible. Connor would be about 50, but it is possible that he made the journey across to France.
    Quote Originally Posted by mont266 View Post
    The game is already announced to be in Paris and in regards to the hunting animals for their skins system that Ubisoft appear to enjoy featuring in their games, people are wondering what's going to happen to that as apparently Paris was a walled off city.
    Drawing from the previous AC games, I find it highly unlikely that Unity will restrict players to the confines of Paris. Every AC game has featured multiple cities, so why stop now?

  3. #3
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    parkerdip's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,212
    Reputation
    30

    Drawing from the previous AC games, I find it highly unlikely that Unity will restrict players to the confines of Paris. Every AC game has featured multiple cities, so why stop now?
    Not every AC game had multiple cities. Brotherhood and Revelations was just Rome and Constantinople and since they weren't numbered games, this game could well be just Paris.

    I think it could be a mistake to not include naval combat again after the success of Black Flag but I can see this game could be potential to be similar to Brotherhood which was still good. I don't care for hunting to return because I found it boring.

  4. #4
    Gorilla see, Gorilla do
    Creditdue's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    $crilla Villa
    Posts
    1,780
    Reputation
    62

    Yeah.....I can't see many naval engagements on the river seine. The ships wouldn't fit under the pont neuf for a kick off


    Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

  5. #5
    Trophy Guide Grand Master
    DaveyHasselhoff's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The Platboy Mansion
    Posts
    1,951
    Reputation
    285

    I really hope the next one has Social Events, that was my fave part of the last game

  6. #6
    Get bent...
    Twitch's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    959
    Reputation
    80

    Quote Originally Posted by parkerdip View Post
    Not every AC game had multiple cities. Brotherhood and Revelations was just Rome and Constantinople and since they weren't numbered games, this game could well be just Paris.

    I think it could be a mistake to not include naval combat again after the success of Black Flag but I can see this game could be potential to be similar to Brotherhood which was still good. I don't care for hunting to return because I found it boring.
    I was just thinking this.

    Once the game was officially announced, I automaticallly lumped it in with Brotherhood & Revelations as a non-numbered sequel anyway.
    What happens to CoD players when they try to play Dark Souls...

    Formerly known as Tyrion619

  7. #7
    Lord of all Goat-Men
    Faust's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,376
    Reputation
    351

    Quote Originally Posted by parkerdip View Post
    Not every AC game had multiple cities. Brotherhood and Revelations was just Rome and Constantinople and since they weren't numbered games, this game could well be just Paris.
    Good point. Haven't played Revelations and forgot about Brotherhood

    Regardless, still very interested in this. I think there will probably be some cross-over between the two titles as well; something to encourage people to buy both.

  8. #8
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    parkerdip's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,212
    Reputation
    30

    I just read that the setting for Unity and AC3 was hinted in Brotherhood so it was all planned far in advance:

    Ubisoft writer Jeffrey Yohalem has revealed that Assassin’s Creed: Unity‘s French Revolution setting was teased at the end of Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood.When asked on Twitter if the symbols that appear at the end of Brotherhood teased future settings, Yohalem replied: “Yup and AC3, the symbols pointed to American Revolution and French Revolution.”

    The ending of Brotherhood features a projection with a number of symbols shown, two of these are the Eye of Providence, hinting at the American Revolution setting of Assassin’s Creed III, and the Phrygian Cap, pointing to the French Revolution.
    http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/...n-brotherhood/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:51 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO