Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Playstation NOW

This is a discussion on Playstation NOW within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Ps360 Toggle Spoiler Hence physical is the better option But that's seriously fucked. This is really shaping ...

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post

Toggle Spoiler

Hence physical is the better option

But that's seriously fucked. This is really shaping up to be a terrible service. No thanks Sony. Why the fuck would I want to rent a game I enjoy and can come back to at any point in time without fear of expiration.

Damn.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

INTJ

Gametap is a better service. $9.99/month for as much games on their service as you want.

a fucking 9 year old service thats basically dead and owned by a television company is better than what sony can do.

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Sure do hope that turns out to be the brownest of the bullshits, because only people without a sense of worth would pay that for a rental. I can rent 2-4 newer games a month for a Tenner a month on Boomerang, Streaming to Vita aside, that pricepoint would render NOW next to useless.

PRO Member

The only logic to those prices is that PS Now will be available on non-Playstation devices. I guess they're trying to hike the price because you didn't make the initial $200-$400 investment in Playstation hardware to begin with, sort of as if the hardware subsidizes the software. Even with that said, it's a pretty pathetic pricing model. I was somewhat hopeful for an 'all you can eat' plan for at most $30 a month.

As they said during E3, they're reviewing their pricing models for the July (?) launch, and nothing is set in stone. The best course of action is to simply not invest in it, and they'll lower the price accordingly. Yet saying that here is pretty pointless - the large majority of us here already have PS hardware, and this service was going to be of little to no use to us anyways. I guess the best we can do is tell the people we know they're being taken for a ride, and hold off investing till more sensible prices come into play.
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Larrydavidsavatar View Post
    Sure do hope that turns out to be the brownest of the bullshits, because only people without a sense of worth would pay that for a rental.

$4.99 for 4 hours or $2 a day from redbox

decisions decisions

more game prices:
    http://ps4daily.com/2014/06/playstat...updates-outed/

Quote Originally Posted by Shuklar View Post
    As they said during E3, they're reviewing their pricing models for the July (?) launch, and nothing is set in stone. The best course of action is to simply not invest in it, and they'll lower the price accordingly.
    i have never seen a company massively change something when its in beta except for dota 2.

Lvl 9 - Gold

hence why I buy hard copies......they can be finished then resold YAY

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Man-023 View Post
    hence why I buy hard copies......they can be finished then resold YAY
    buy digital games

sell your account (fuk da tos poliec)

no shipping costs, no gas used, no time wasted.

Lvl 5 - Silver

The 4 hour rentals are to make the one week option seem as a much better value. Which for most of the games up there and I imagine coming to it, with the short time frames to complete most games you could come out ahead if you're just looking to play through the story.

Also the reason the 90 day rental is so much is because you cant play those games on PS4, that's who it was designed for. If you have a PS3 already why would you bother renting a game on the PS4 when soon enough you could get it in the bargain bin for 5 or 10 bucks.

Another thing as PS360 said, $2 a day from redbox which is $14 a week. which is more then renting it for a week from PSnow. so not really that bad of a value. It could be better but could be much worse as well. Personally i'd only buy into it for a set price to sample everything because if I have to pay for each rental it'd stop me from trying anything out of my comfort zone for fear of wasting money.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Hyro View Post
    Another thing as PS360 said, $2 a day from redbox which is $14 a week. which is more then renting it for a week from PSnow. so not really that bad of a value. It could be better but could be much worse as well. Personally i'd only buy into it for a set price to sample everything because if I have to pay for each rental it'd stop me from trying anything out of my comfort zone for fear of wasting money.
    if you rent a game for longer than 3 days you should probably buy it.

also explain this

http://i.imgur.com/bsqvINs.jpg
    Last edited by Ps360; 06-20-2014 at 09:11 PM.

PRO Member

buy digital games

sell your account (fuk da tos poliec)

no shipping costs, no gas used, no time wasted.
    Umm. No. Physical trumps digital in so many ways sorry.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    Umm. No. Physical trumps digital in so many ways sorry.
    GOG.com disagrees

Game on....

For something called 'Playstation NOW', it is a shame we have to wait for it.

Lvl 9 - Gold

GOG.com disagrees
    Don't really care what GOG.com says. You don't really own a digital version of a game in my opinion. I keep all of my games. I have over 300 games on my shelves just for the PS3 and I "own" them all. Yeah I have some digital copies but they were free on PS+ plus I have the physical version of them also. The day gaming goes all digital or streaming will probably be when I quit getting the newest systems.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by MadMardigan_88 View Post
    Don't really care what GOG.com says. You don't really own a digital version of a game in my opinion. I keep all of my games. I have over 300 games on my shelves just for the PS3 and I "own" them all. Yeah I have some digital copies but they were free on PS+ plus I have the physical version of them also. The day gaming goes all digital or streaming will probably be when I quit getting the newest systems.
    the whole entire point of GOG is to own your digital games due to DRM Free and various other things.

Lvl 5 - Silver

if you rent a game for longer than 3 days you should probably buy it.

also explain this

http://i.imgur.com/bsqvINs.jpg
    Those are completely different things though how can you compare them? I agree sony should go the route of charging less and become more like steam but as of right now that is the main advantage of PC gaming.

Also 3 days is enough to experience most games but if it's just a one off game you want to play and beat is the $60 dollar price tag really worth it? I'd say renting a game for a week is the best option because if you dont have 5 plus hours to sink into a game each day for 3 days then a week is the best solution for beating most games.

I'm not defending the entire pricing strategy, I think it should be cheaper but overall it isn't that bad of a value. Personally, i think the 90 day option shouldn't even be there and just be a buy option because who is going to rent a game for 90 days? i mean that doesn't even make sense to have 3 month rentals.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123