Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

The Last of Us - Coming to PS4

This is a discussion on The Last of Us - Coming to PS4 within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; with all the games being announced for PS4 that were on PS3 I can see more developers doing this. Likely ...

Lvl 9 - Gold

with all the games being announced for PS4 that were on PS3 I can see more developers doing this. Likely GTA V which would probably be the only game I would be willing to own twice.

Lvl 4 - Silver

I wish that developers would make new games instead of wasting time on this stupid trend. if they really get aroused by porting games then port or remake some of the hundreds of great PS2 or PS1 games.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Shuklar View Post
    Who the fuck bought TLoU for the AI? It's a story first and foremost, and it's that aspect alone which is why it's so highly recognized. They could have had the infected break dancing throughout the entire game, and guess what, the main story is still intact.
    the story isn't amazing at all.

it's in good territory but it aint nothing groundbreaking. it's The Road with zombies

Lvl 4 - Silver

My question would be if it adds enough to be chosen over the PS3 version. I still have yet to play the game (I will someday I swear!).

Side comment: Every time someone uses the TLOU abbreviation I keep think that they're talking about me.

Deathless Destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    the story isn't amazing at all.

it's in good territory but it aint nothing groundbreaking. it's The Road with zombies
    The story is executed better than a significant amount of games that have come out in the past decade. Although the AI in that game isn't as up to par as the reveal gameplay (due to memory restrictions) it's still better than quite a few games. Besides that, it's just a game - it doesn't need to have the most realistic-behaving AI to be good.
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Encorporeus View Post
    The story is executed better than a significant amount of games that have come out in the past decade.
    disagree.

incredibly predictable, and kind of dull characters (seen and done before, fairly barebones for what they were, and generally nothing amazing)

Plenty games last year alone did it better. GTA V, Beyond: Two Souls, Sly Cooper etc.

TLOU scrapes by, but only just

But if you're comparing it to something like Grid 2 then yeah, 'a significant amount of games' indeed.

Rangers F.C

Reminds me of HD titles on PS3, they can stick it, the game was overrated anyway .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

Quote Originally Posted by Outstandind View Post
    disagree.

incredibly predictable, and kind of dull characters (seen and done before, fairly barebones for what they were, and generally nothing amazing)

Plenty games last year alone did it better. GTA V, Beyond: Two Souls, Sly Cooper etc.

TLOU scrapes by, but only just

But if you're comparing it to something like Grid 2 then yeah, 'a significant amount of games' indeed.
    GTA V and Sly have better stories? Please elaborate

The level of hypebole emitting from you and PS360 is mental.

Every. Fucking. TLoU thread. Every fucking one

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by TL OWNS U View Post
    Side comment: Every time someone uses the TLOU abbreviation I keep think that they're talking about me.
    But we ARE talking about you man!
    Some people say your AI is low and your story weak,
    while others would like a copy of you!

Some say "incredibly predictable" and "TLOU scrapes by, but only just"(Quotes)
    That's all about you!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Creditdue
    But i like you, you've won a lot of awards....i haven't played you yet, but i will someday...
    You, or the next generation...I will own TLOU

(@TL OWNS U : Just kidding offcourse, don't want to diss you...)

PRO Member

<signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

PRO Member

you?

I mean come on now man.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Creditdue View Post
    GTA V and Sly have better stories? Please elaborate

The level of hypebole emitting from you and PS360 is mental.
    tlou was predictable at every turn, it's characters were shells of characters we've seen before in other media (grizzled old man, troubled teen), they often rushed character development and they added absolutely nothing to a genre that has been done to fucking death a dozen times over (zombies bro* though I'll give telltale games credit, they're doing good stuff ).

tlou is very well presented and the gameplay is fun, but that's all there is.

meanwhile gta keeps things fresh with a great cast of characters, interesting story/dialogue and in a brand new format.
    sly was a joke pick, but they did a better job of the story and characters overall in my mind, compared to cut and paste zombie apocalypse TLOU.

Quote Originally Posted by Creditdue View Post
    sorry bro. every time someone suggests that tlou is gods gift to gaming I vom a little.

Kiwi Defender

sorry bro. every time someone suggests that tlou is gods gift to gaming I vom a little.
    Better not find yourself alone with Faust, then. I've heard he kills and eats people who don't build shrines for Naughty Dog games.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by _RiCaRdO_ View Post
    But we ARE talking about you man!
    Some people say your AI is low and your story weak,
    OH HELL NO! I need a name and a bat pronto!

But on topic, do we know for a fact that this has been confirmed by Sony themselves?

PRO Member

you?

I mean come on now man.
    Don't even know who you are, yet if you want to apply my statement to yourself, go nuts.
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by TL OWNS U View Post
    OH HELL NO! I need a name and a bat pronto!

But on topic, do we know for a fact that this has been confirmed by Sony themselves?
    Not yet, so it's still nothing but a rumor.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shuklar View Post
    Don't even know who you are, yet if you want to apply my statement to yourself, go nuts.
    sorry, thought you were paying attention to this thread instead of zeroing in on the people you don't like and posting vague, passive aggressive troll bullshit.

should have known better.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

ever since ps4 has been announced i was sure that big hits will be ported to PS4. i hope that skyrim would be also considered as i couldn't enjoy it on the current generation due technical problems.
    Crystal Dynamics did a great job by importing tomb raider to the next generation the have stated it will be a good to have experience on the next gen.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by starrk View Post
    ever since ps4 has been announced i was sure that big hits will be ported to PS4. i hope that skyrim would be also considered as i couldn't enjoy it on the current generation due technical problems.
    Crystal Dynamics did a great job by importing tomb raider to the next generation the have stated it will be a good to have experience on the next gen.
    Me too. It really AMAZED me that Dark Souls 2 and Southpark weren't coming to PS4, so it would make me glad if TLoU would come out.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by starrk View Post
    Me too. It really AMAZED me that Dark Souls 2 and Southpark weren't coming to PS4, so it would make me glad if TLoU would come out.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast