Watch_Dogs - An Early Insight from Reviewers

This is a discussion on Watch_Dogs - An Early Insight from Reviewers within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Digital Parkour - hands-on with Watch Dogs HIGHLIGHTS - Thousands of unique conversations that never repeat again once you've heard ...

Deathless Destroyer

Watch_Dogs - An Early Insight from Reviewers

Digital Parkour - hands-on with Watch Dogs

HIGHLIGHTS

- Thousands of unique conversations that never repeat again once you've heard them
    - A skill tree for customizing character growth

- Close to 100 side-missions, nearly 40 main missions (that last over an hour each, or close to), 40 online contracts, 23 songs to "steal" from people, 100 hotspots to find, 30 privacy invasion opportunities, 16 major ctOS sites to control, countless missing people and traffickers to find and stop, 40 "fixer" contracts and much more.

- Over 13,000 unique animations, with over 4000 for the protagonist
    - Seamless cooperative/competitive multiplayer
    - A controllable robot spider that causes havoc over the world
    Last edited by Encorporeus; 04-24-2014 at 01:13 AM.
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

Kiwi Defender

Sounds like they did give this their all and tried to add as much content as they could. I think it might really take 50+ hours to complete everything this game has to offer .

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Sounds like they did give this their all and tried to add as much content as they could. I think it might really take 50+ hours to complete everything this game has to offer .
    it took like 50 hours to do ACIV black flag

i wouldn't be suprised.

PRO Member

What the hell is an 'early insight'?

Yeah we're not going to let you review it yet but please promote this game as much as possible so people will buy it.

Lvl 9 - Gold

bigger the game the more the bugs...... will wait a long time before thinking about a purchase

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Outstandind View Post
    What the hell is an 'early insight'?
    dev asks journalists to come over to their studio to play game, dev will pay for flight/hotel fees sometimes.

Journalists come over, play the game for a day or two on a unfinished build. Dev acts like big brother during this, hoping nothing goes wrong during the playing and acts like a tutorial / guiding person for idiots.

If the Dev people are smart and want to go ultra big-brother mode, they keep track of every journalist's likes/dislikes with a portfolio and use it to make the journalist feel welcome and liked (this actually happens. I remember one journalist getting annoyed people talk about hockey with him because he said something about hockey once years ago)

While this is happening, journalists can sometimes interview the devs at this place.

If dev is ethical, they just let the devs only play the game, might give them a bit of press material, and leave them be. If unethical, they give cool free shit that influences journalists to give higher ratings. Ubisoft pulled off the unethical route this time giving nexus 7's to journalists with watch dogs press stuff on it.

EA, UBI, Konami, 2K Games, Etc. all do stuff like this. even sony did this for the ps4 for some reason (NYC hotel takeover and shoved every journalist possible into one area.)

Its similar to press events for movies, where press people watch a movie early and for free and do interviews. except it takes longer.

read more about stuff like this here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/commen...review_events/

and a video Jim Sterling made during the Ps4 Review event:
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...-and-Free-PS4s

Lvl 6 - Silver

I reckon there will still be plenty of things to do in the game that are similar to that in Assassin's Creed IV and FaryCry 3. Ubisoft appear to use a lot of the same features throughout their games. So far I am rather impressed with Ubisoft from what i've seen. I really hope Watch_Dogs will be as good as I am seeing it to be.

Toggle Spoiler

Check Those Corners

Watch_Dogs I hope lives up the previous hype. All I have heard for the last 2 months is terrible stuff about it.