Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Watch_dogs is 1080p/60FPS on PS4

This is a discussion on Watch_dogs is 1080p/60FPS on PS4 within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Nagflar Yet they achieve it. Where's that 1080p and 60FPS all over the place on any Sony/Microsoft ...

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Yet they achieve it. Where's that 1080p and 60FPS all over the place on any Sony/Microsoft exclusive? GASP! It's nowhere !
    So? I'd take Watch Dogs over Mario 39 any day. Seriously, what's all the fuss about when we're probably going to get better visuals out of the xb1/ps4. Who cares about maintaining 1080p and 60fps all day long? Would be nice and can be done, but it's not going to make or break these games for me. Not by a long shot.

PS: weren't 360 multiplats a little bit better than ps3 multiplats for 90% of the time, for the entire lifespan? maybe they evened out over the last year or two without anybody noticing but... that's nothing to get excited about.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shuklar View Post
    It's like these situations were created just so people had something to complain talk about.
    And then some people invent their own reason to complain, just to hear their own voice

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Parker View Post
    And they can easily cancel that pre-order now that the site now longer says that. If you buy a game just because it is 1080P and 60FPS you're a fucktard anyways.
    Yes, I check back in on the preorder page every single day after I preorder. You are so right, and not at all a 'fucktard' yourself, buddy.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Shuklar View Post
    It's like these situations were created just so people had something to complain "talk" about.

haha!
    There's no 'bad' publicity, so it's a probability.

And they can easily cancel that pre-order now that the site now longer says that. If you buy a game just because it is 1080P and 60FPS you're a fucktard anyways.
    No kidding. I wonder if anyone would buy a Tetris copy because it runs at 1080P and 60FPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Outstandind View Post
    So? I'd take Watch Dogs over Mario 39 any day. Seriously, what's all the fuss about when we're probably going to get better visuals out of the xb1/ps4. Who cares about maintaining 1080p and 60fps all day long? Would be nice and can be done, but it's not going to make or break these games for me. Not by a long shot.

PS: weren't 360 multiplats a little bit better than ps3 multiplats for 90% of the time, for the entire lifespan? maybe they evened out over the last year or two without anybody noticing but... that's nothing to get excited about.
    I'd buy Watch_Dogs over Mario 40 too, but that's beside the point.

My reason for complaining about no bloody games on the PS死 nor the Xbox One running at 1080P and 60FPS is that that was supposed to become the norm once the new generation hits stores. However, up 'till now, they have no games that run at that full-time. Up until now, the only reason to buy either of the new consoles was to get that feature. They're not offering anything that the previous generation offered except for the heavy focus on 'social' features and home media entertainment, but that's not something I'm looking for in my new, gaming device. What I want are games, and if the sole game improvement that was supposed to happen from one generation to the next was going to be on the visuals and neither console is delivering on that front, then why the heck should I buy one now? Add the fact that there's not many games for one to (exclusively) play on either console and the reasons to own either fall short.

PS: Yeah, it ain't nothing to get excited about, so why are you excited about 5 multiplats running better on Sony's new dust-gathering device when compared to Microsoft's new dust-gathering device?

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

INTJ

1080p and 60 fps should be the standard.

on pc it's ok because you have the power of modding and actual good hardware on your side to make it 1080p 60 fps. On consoles there's literally no excuse to not have 1080p 60 FPS on a brand new 2013 $400-$500 console.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post

on pc it's ok because you have the power of modding and actual good hardware on your side to make it 1080p 60 fps. On consoles there's literally no excuse to not have 1080p 60 FPS on a brand new 2013 $400-$500 console.
    Depends on the PC lol. I don't have good hardware on my side :'[

@Nagflar: I don't know if either company had been promoting 1080p/60fps or not (doubt it but who knows), but what I understood the next-gen brings to the table is the ability to process more on screen at once. Graphics, enemies, AI etc. Knack is a good example, with that crazy particle physics stuff or whatever.

It changes things for everybody, even PC, because the standard has been raised for everybody (except Wii U?). You could say consoles were holding multiplat PC games back? Maybe?

All I'm saying is that xb1 multiplats are inferior right now, and I don't really see it changing any time soon - just like last gen.

Fight the Future

I agree, it should be the standard. Doesn't change the fact you'd have to be an idiot to buy a game simply because it is 1080P and 60FPS though.

The PS4 hasn't even been released 6 months yet though, so I'll go ahead and assume that we'll be seeing a lot more 1080p and 60fps games as the generation goes on.

PRO Member

What Makes Watch Dogs a True Next-Gen Game - UbiBlog - Ubisoft®

900p on PS4 and 792p on Xbox One, at 30 frames-per-second on both consoles

Sony simply had outdated or misinformation and removed it. Good for them How dare they!?
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

Eat My PewPew Lasers! >.<

Wow. First everyone is confused about having it on 60fps or 30fps (on 1080p).

Then this comes out saying it's 30fps AND 900p. What the hell. Why have they kept this quiet and not make it known back then and not wait 2 weeks before the release?
    It's just a flesh wound.

Fight the Future

Quote Originally Posted by FancyJesse View Post
    Wow. First everyone is confused about having it on 60fps or 30fps (on 1080p).

Then this comes out saying it's 30fps AND 900p. What the hell. Why have they kept this quiet and not make it known back then and not wait 2 weeks before the release?
    Because it doesn't matter. The game will look and play just fine which is all the really matters.

PRO Member

Because it doesn't matter. The game will look and play just fine which is all the really matters.
    Exactly. If p's and fps stop you from buying games, consoles should be the last place you buy your multi-platform titles. 30fps and 900p is no where near game breaking or 'experience robbing'.
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

INTJ

this is how much screen space your missing by not getting 1080p

http://i.imgur.com/FAgzujZ.png

dat supercharged PC archetecture goes a long way

Renegade Time Lord

this is how much screen space your missing by not getting 1080p

http://i.imgur.com/FAgzujZ.png

dat supercharged PC archetecture goes a long way
    And to be honest I do not think most people care about it. I know I do not. 1080p @ 60fps does not make the game in my eyes. Characters, Story and Gameplay do. If the p and fps bother you then.....I just find it illogical. And I will not notice the space missing on my big TV.

Also I think this is relevant: http://www.nowgamer.com/news/2394596...s_ubisoft.html

Whether it is true or not I do not know but it was posted 13 hours ago.
    Hello, I'm so pleased to finally see you. I'm The Doctor and I will be your victim this evening, are you my mummy?

Avatar, Signature and Banner by Bladia. Thank You!

PRO Member

Sony did get a little excited, but if this is what makes or breaks a game for you then why are you playing games?

Sig by Bladia

Indie Game Developer

Watch_Dogs Game | PS4™ - PlayStation®
    why can third party companies make 1080p 60 fps games when first party cannot?
    The tech behind the resolution is less demanding. Believe it or not, it's not very hard to render 1080p/60fps. In fact, I can get about 1080p/2000fps in DX9 on an integrated graphics card in Windows running in a virtual machine if you're just rendering a cube. It's all of the complex shaders and lighting calculations that end up eating up time on the GPU and lowering the frame rate. And honestly, what looks better: Infamous/Killzone, or Watch Dogs? You can render a PS1 game at 1080p/120fps, but it won't make it look any better.
    Hey. Hey. Look. Look at me. I'm playing video games.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by mattveego View Post
    Sony did get a little excited, but if this is what makes or breaks a game for you then why are you playing games?
    What are you doing? logic isn't allowed here. Get out. /sarcasm

This is whats going to destroy games. More time is put into getting a game 1080p 60fps (when did console gamers even care?) instead of worrying about the actual gameplay and fun factors.

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

Not 1080p and 30fps is a deal breaker, getting it on PC for sure though.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jakintosh View Post
    You can render a PS1 game at 1080p/120fps, but it won't make it look any better.
    http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...l_compared.png
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...arison_RR4.jpg

1080p is a big difference. 60 FPS is too.

http://30vs60fps.com/
    http://boallen.com/fps-compare.html

but hey resolution and frames doesn't matter, lets stick to the classic Ol 800x600 24hz and fuck innovation.

Deathless Destroyer

The difference between 60 fps and 30 fps is only noticeable depending on the game. You will barely see the difference on games like Mario, LIMBO and Tetris, if you could even notice it. On fast-paced games the difference is very noticeable. Personally I don't really care too much. As long as the game is playable without lag then I'm happy. Being able to actually play a game comes first.
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Of course, if the game plays like a blind, one-legged, drunk Tiger, then it doesn't matter if it looks as good as God's High Def abs, it'll still be a broken game.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast