Project Cars early oculous rift footage

This is a discussion on Project Cars early oculous rift footage within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I am really excited for this. Developer Slightly Mad Studios has released the first virtual reality (VR) footage of its ...

PRO Member

Project Cars early oculous rift footage

I am really excited for this.

Developer Slightly Mad Studios has released the first virtual reality (VR) footage of its upcoming racing title, Project CARS. The video, which can be seen below, features of 6 minutes of the experience running with an Oculus Rift VR headset on PC. It serves as our first look at how the title might handle in VR, both with the Oculus Rift and the Project Morpheus VR headset for the PlayStation 4.

The video takes us on a race in wet weather conditions. The build on display is numbered version 723. The developer warned that this wasn’t the best mix of tracks and weather conditions to show off the title’s framerate, but decided it was still impressive enough to give fans a look. It also stressed that there were still some missing features in this early build ‘despite how good it looks already’.

Project CARS is aiming to launch in November 2014. On top of PC and PlayStation 4 versions there will also be Xbox One, Steam OS and Wii U offerings. The developer recently announced that it would be ‘one of the first’ studios to work with Project Morpheus. VRFocus will continue to follow the title’s progress and report back with any more updates.
    My old (PS3) PSN trophy collection: http://psntrophyleaders.com/user/view/Jaggy2872#games

Group platbar by DaRe_xLw

Fight the Future

This game is one of the reasons I'm looking forward to Project Morpheus. I'm a huge sim racing fan and VR headsets like this will make triple screen setups obsolete for a fraction of the cost, which is awesome. Project Cars is going to be a badass game.