Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Watch_Dogs Animated GIFs Show Amazing Day/Night Footage

This is a discussion on Watch_Dogs Animated GIFs Show Amazing Day/Night Footage within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Apparently some lucky individual has already got his hands full with Watch Dogs on the PS4, and he is sharing ...

Drunken Nights

Watch_Dogs Animated GIFs Show Amazing Day/Night Footage

Apparently some lucky individual has already got his hands full with Watch Dogs on the PS4, and he is sharing his videos online. Thanks to this leaker, we can see how Watch Dogs looks on the PS4, and determine it on our own if it is worthy to be called a “downgrade” or not.

Along with a a video, which was captured from stream, he has also shared plenty of Animated GIFs, which showcase the graphical quality of Watch Dogs running on the PS4. Despite the 900p resolution, the game seems to look spectacular.

Some comments from the leaker:

Hey guys, it’s me. Didn’t think this will blow out that big. I streamed only to my friend because he was really interested in game, I have Limited Edition pre-ordered myself for PS4. Some random guy found stream with 1 viewer on twitch (if you know how twitch works – that’s insane) and then posted link on reddit, so more people = got Twitch stuff attention and got banned. I don’t intend to stream it anymore.

Funny thing I got unbanned maybe 40 mins later and now people build conspiracy theories about whole thing being Ubisoft “controlled leak”. Just to put record straight – I don’t work for Ubisoft.

To answer few question I saw in thread – yes, you push doors with your palm if you are not running and kick them in with your shoulder when you do.

Game is amazing, one of the games that actually justify next-gen consoles, especially it’s weather and lightning systems.

Couldn’t show you much more, especially online, but when you think about WD online, closest thing will be Dark/Demon Souls, understand this as you will + few other online modes that remind me of GTA5/GTA4.

Also don’t worry about my safety, I was “behind 3 proxies” (lol). But no really, I used 2 different private VPN providers, on top of each other. Also ran game in offline mode on my PS4 debug unit. I am sure I will be safe, and the twitter guy was random upset dude.

Hopefully Ubisoft community manager is not too mad at me, I was planning to show some free roam to my buddy to convince him buy the game on PS4 instead of PC so we could play together, didn’t expect much attention.

Also here is high quality Gif (33FPS) and screenshot. Game is locked 30FPS by the way, it’s just effect of 2 heavy encrypted VPNs that destroyed my upload speed, I saw some people complaining about “low framerate”. Game is as smooth as AC4 on PS4 if anyone played that.

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Source:
    GearNuke
    Last edited by Ghost; 05-16-2014 at 02:27 PM.

Fight the Future

Damn, that looks great. I haven't pre-ordered this yet because I hadn't seen enough gameplay and I didn't know exactly how it would play but that looks extremely fun to me. It looks like it may just be a day one purchase now though.

Kiwi Defender

The visuals are better than those of a Rockstar game by a long shot.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Fight the Future

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    The visuals are better than those of a Rockstar game by a long shot.
    It will be interesting to see how the PS3/360 versions of Watch Dogs compare to GTA V in terms of graphics.

INTJ

oh man look at those 3 cars in the entirety of watch dogs traffic

the console versions know how to bring chicago to life

also this gif is all you need to know about the PS4 version

Fight the Future

3 cars? I think you need your eyes checked.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Parker View Post
    3 cars? I think you need your eyes checked.
    im sorry

4 cars driving

Fight the Future

So would you rather sit in gridlocked traffic because it is more realistic or would you rather have fun playing the game?

Drunken Nights

Here's another

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    oh man look at those 3 cars in the entirety of watch dogs traffic the console versions know how to bring chicago to life also this gif is all you need to know about the PS4 version
    The number of cars will be no different on pc version.and the only thing i need to no about the ps4 version is that it will be better than the other consoles.Can not wait to see the wii u version.

INTJ

So would you rather sit in gridlocked traffic because it is more realistic or would you rather have fun playing the game?
    one of your main abilities is gridlock traffic

so yes

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyblitzed View Post
    The number of cars will be no different on pc version.and the only thing i need to no about the ps4 version is that it will be better than the other consoles.Can not wait to see the wii u version.
    Except the PC can overcome that by editing game files to have as much traffic as i want.

the PS4 can't.

Fight the Future

one of your main abilities is gridlock traffic

so yes

Except the PC can overcome that by editing game files to have as much traffic as i want.

the PS4 can't.
    Is that exclusive to the PC version? If not I think it stands to reason that there will be more cars in the game and you can't judge it off a few gifs.

INTJ

Is that exclusive to the PC version? If not I think it stands to reason that there will be more cars in the game and you can't judge it off a few gifs.
    it was shown in the very first trailer.

guy drove away, player activated gridlock and all the cars crashed into him.

if there's only 4 cars on the road at a time then that ability makes no sense. go to any major city in america and you'll see the cars packing lanes at any time of day.

if GTA IV somehow has more cars on the road then you in a next-gen game then your big city simulation is fucked up.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Looks so awesome.

PRO Member

That first .gif makes him look like the raincoat killer from deadly premonition :]

illegal in 9 countries

oh man look at those 3 cars in the entirety of watch dogs traffic

the console versions know how to bring chicago to life
    guy drove away, player activated gridlock and all the cars crashed into him.

if there's only 4 cars on the road at a time then that ability makes no sense. go to any major city in america and you'll see the cars packing lanes at any time of day.

if GTA IV somehow has more cars on the road then you in a next-gen game then your big city simulation is fucked up.

INTJ

Chicago traffic from google maps, notice how there is more than 5+ cars at any given time:

https://www.google.com/maps/@41.8882...cg!2e0!6m1!1e1

https://www.google.com/maps/@41.8882...4w!2e0!6m1!1e1

https://www.google.com/maps/@41.8910...yA!2e0!6m1!1e1

https://www.google.com/maps/@41.8933...-g!2e0!6m1!1e1

https://www.google.com/maps/@41.8966...YA!2e0!6m1!1e1

https://www.google.com/maps/@41.9023..._w!2e0!6m1!1e1

For added fun, go on google maps and turn on the traffic graph for live traffic conditions. Everything yellow to red = Crowded street

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...674&dg=feature

this is the main reason there is even a Gridlock traffic jam ability in the first place. because theres alot of cars

The only place that looks like Watch dogs traffic in chicago is on the highway. You don't go on the highway in watch dogs though so.

Fight the Future

I did notice a distinct lack of puddles too.

illegal in 9 countries

Chicago traffic from google maps, notice how there is more than 5+ cars at any given time.
    Given you have no understanding of the concept of game design, let me clear it up for you. You can drive cars in Watch_Dogs. Driving cars in gridlock is no fun. Ergo, no gridlock as the DEFAULT traffic density.

Gridlock, assuming it's still included, may be used in one of multiple scenarios -

a) as a game mechanic for certain mission types, or specific missions.
    b) at peak hour in the morning and/or evening, so you have a chance to avoid it if driving a vehicle. Given there's a day/night cycle, it stands to reason traffic could adapt to it.
    c) at specific locations within the city, such as the CBD or specific high-traffic streets. Again, at specific hours.

You get exactly NONE of that information from the gifs, so to proclaim the console version as incapable or toned-down compared to the PC edition is fucking ludicrous. But then...that's exactly what we've come to expect, so kudos for not exceeding yourself.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Given you have no understanding of the concept of game design, let me clear it up for you. You can drive cars in Watch_Dogs. Driving cars in gridlock is no fun.
    Then walk in-game.

there's a reason huge cities like NYC, Boston, Chicago, Seattle, etc. are more fun to walk around in than drive/taxi around in. you get to experience the culture, you get to see local musicians playing on the sidewalks, see places you never seen before, etc.

From what i seen in watch dogs, it's the only game i seen where they have proper on-foot things to do in a open world game. Lets not forget that one of the main things in watch dogs is exploring the cities people and observing them besides all the hacking and mc-edgy-mature storyline. Give players a reason to get out of the fast-travelling car and explore it (GRIDLOCK).

its one of the main reasons Infamous second son pissed me off, The Open world is devoid once you get rid of the enemy armies and complete the game. No Gum wall to see, no cool pike place market, half the city is missing. Just because there's a space needle and a Science center doesn't mean it's seattle (It's also surrounded by water i mean what the fuck.)

GTA IV feels like the only complete city i ever played in a game. I can literally go around the entire liberty city and point out cool stuff thats there in real life for hours. the only exception is that rockefeller center isn't really there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast